Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DatabaseByDesign's Freedom Day Dedi Special - Page 40
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DatabaseByDesign's Freedom Day Dedi Special

Comments

• ashkulzashkulz Member
    edited August 2017

@PieNotEvenEaten said:

@advarisk said:
    Got it delivered, but getting error "Cannot redirect CD image, connection timed out" when trying to mount ISO for reinstall.

If you have admin access in idrac just restart the idrac

Anybody else getting the same error while mounting virtual CDROM on the group buy? Resetting the iDRAC didn't help. Not sure if it's with just my server...

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@advarisk said:

@PieNotEvenEaten said:

@advarisk said:
    Got it delivered, but getting error "Cannot redirect CD image, connection timed out" when trying to mount ISO for reinstall.

If you have admin access in idrac just restart the idrac

Anybody else getting the same error while mounting virtual CDROM on the group buy? Resetting the iDRAC didn't help. Not sure if it's with just my server...

Mount the iso using the Virtual Media tab of the java redirection window, not the web app. Virtual media is disable in the web app.

• @MasonR said:
    Mount the iso using the Virtual Media tab of the java redirection window, not the web app. Virtual media is disable in the web app.

I did it that way, but getting error mentioned earlier. Ticketed about it, but Scott is busy so just trying to find out if it's only my server.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I check in on this thread once a week to see how unreasonable people are being about their orders - you've not disappointed, chaps.

• YuraYura Member

I check in on this thread because I developed Stockholm syndrome after a week of torture followed by an email from RefundByDesign.

My $56 have been spent on yeti therapist.

• @Yura said:
    I check in on this thread because I developed Stockholm syndrome after a week of torture followed by an email from RefundByDesign.

My $56 have been spent on yeti therapist.

You got ripped off man, most Yeti TheRapists do it for free.

Thanked by 3MasonR Dustlab WSS
  • So I asked this earlier and I have a ticket open, I haven't received an answer to my ticket so I am posting here again.

Does anyone know whether or not we can order additional IPs for these specials?

(My ticket with them has been open for a week. Hence, I am asking here. If I can't add additional IPs, I will have to learn how to set it up with NAT or something of that nature.)

• @clarity_64 said:
    Does anyone know whether or not we can order additional IPs for these specials?

When I order my server I added 1 additonal IP for $2.5/month. So yes they do allow extra IP's. But of course you will have to wait for their response.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@nqservices said:
    So yes they do allow extra IP's. But of course you will have to wait for their response.

1 week without a response so far...

• First few comments in this thread discuss this very thing, so it's not like we weren't warned. Considering that he's barely breaking even on these deals, other stuff has to be his priority.

• WSSWSS Member

I eventually got my machines, even if they weren't what I was initially paying for.

I've been too busy IRL to even bother giving a shit, so hopefully I don't just pay @DatabaseByDesignLLC to just get more hookers and blow to do lines on shitty hardware.

• Fucken yeti got your beer money as well @WSS?

• WSSWSS Member

No beer moneys. I've been fixing cawp-cawhs.

• @DatabaseByDesignLLC said:
    Listen people, if you want a refund we've got no problem doing it. We're not here to take your money and not deliver. Yes, things have taken a LONG ass time, trust me it isn't fun dealing with firmware from 2008 either...I've got 8 blades ready to go with a FUBAR blade center... still working to resolve this last issue and your servers will be ready to use.

So by curiosity who from the group buy requested a refund and as yet to see it?

• @louisph said:

@DatabaseByDesignLLC said:
    Listen people, if you want a refund we've got no problem doing it. We're not here to take your money and not deliver. Yes, things have taken a LONG ass time, trust me it isn't fun dealing with firmware from 2008 either...I've got 8 blades ready to go with a FUBAR blade center... still working to resolve this last issue and your servers will be ready to use.

I have my server from it, it is nice and quick for what I payed for it. Plan on using it for a long time to come if Scott will quit sending me nude photos, FFS.

• @AuroraZ said:

@louisph said:

I have my server from it, it is nice and quick for what I payed for it. Plan on using it for a long time to come if Scott will quit sending me nude photos, FFS.

What is yours?

• Single X5660 /w 24GB RAM & 2x 146GB

Sorry on mobile no benches or anything

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • @mtsbatalha said:

@AuroraZ said:

@louisph said:

What is yours?

Some benches for you all:

System Info
    -----------
    Processor   : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X5660  @ 2.80GHz
    CPU Cores   : 12
    Frequency   : 2792.950 MHz
    Memory      : 24143 MB
    Swap        : 12071 MB
    Uptime      : 8 min,

OS      : CentOS release 6.9 (Final)
    Arch        : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel      : 2.6.32-696.6.3.el6.x86_64
    Hostname    : localhost.localdomain

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is This yeti is on drugs!!!!!!

Location        Provider    Speed
    CDN         Cachefly    74.4MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US     Coloat      62.7MB/s 
    Dallas, TX, US      Softlayer   36.2MB/s 
    Seattle, WA, US     Softlayer   20.5MB/s 
    San Jose, CA, US    Softlayer   22.4MB/s 
    Washington, DC, US  Softlayer   26.6MB/s 

Tokyo, Japan        Linode      9.64MB/s 
    Singapore       Softlayer   7.05MB/s 

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net     4.98MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb    17.5MB/s 

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 105 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 112 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 89.5 MB/s
    Average I/O : 102.167 MB/s

Would have run nixbench but it errored out for some reason.

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • @AuroraZ said:
    Single X5660 /w 24GB RAM & 2x 146GB

One aspect which is better is that it has 12 cores/threads visible to the OS which is helpful when running CPU-bound tasks (vs 8 for dual E5450 never enough special). It's hard to get more than 8 threads.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

What kinda network performance/latency back to the EU are people seeing?

• DustlabDustlab Member
    edited August 2017

AuroraZ said: Single X5660 /w 24GB RAM & 2x 146GB

I haven't been able to get an iso to mount through idrac on this one. Tried the docker container from the idrac hell thread but no luck. Connection Refused or it times out.

• @Dustlab said:

AuroraZ said: Single X5660 /w 24GB RAM & 2x 146GB

I haven't been able to get an iso to mount through idrac on this one. Tried the docker container from the idrac hell thread but no luck. Connection Refused or it times out.

>

It's apparently a known issue and Scott is working on it (as per ticket reply).

Thanked by 1Dustlab
  • @WSS said:
    I eventually got my machines, even if they weren't what I was initially paying for.

I've been too busy IRL to even bother giving a shit, so hopefully I don't just pay @DatabaseByDesignLLC to just get more hookers and blow to do lines on shitty hardware.

must be nice to have money to burn..

• @hawc said:
    What kinda network performance/latency back to the EU are people seeing?

Also interested on this. Have mine but still did not start using it... Anyone that is already using as any feedback regarding network quality and latency to Europe?

• WSSWSS Member

I should go setup my damn Scott machines. I'd rather work on the cars, though- it's too damn hot. The carb cleaner was drying before I could even hit the sticky residue with a scraper.

• WSSWSS Member

Has anyone who got a X5660 been able to get their fucking iDRAC to mount an ISO? I can't get it to work. Period.

Thanked by 1Dustlab
  • @WSS said:
    Has anyone who got a X5660 been able to get their fucking iDRAC to mount an ISO? I can't get it to work. Period.

i think this is an issue yeti boy is supposed to be working on.

• Heh, looks like everyone idles very hard ... Cuz it took so long to find out :P

• WSSWSS Member

The fact that you need to go back in time and setup Java 6 tends to put these on the back-back burner.

• You might want to try the ActiveX thingy on a WinXP VM.

Thanked by 1WSS
This discussion has been closed.