Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters

Comments

• In the picture oles posted to twitter from sydney, there was 2 technicians in that alone.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@stefeman said:
    In the picture oles posted to twitter from sydney, there was 2 technicians in that alone.

They will be French, and their work visa's are running out ;)

• I wonder how long they could keep the datacenter running without technicians then?

• @pbgben said:

@stefeman said:
    In the picture oles posted to twitter from sydney, there was 2 technicians in that alone.

They will be French, and their work visa's are running out ;)

Yeah, I mean if it's only 2 french guys managing the entire building setting up EVERYTHING then that's understandable on why it's taking them so long

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Singapore's DDoS VAC is up

4 days till the release of Sydney

• @stefeman said:

Those were actually from Singapore

• when does singapore DS will be deployed ? or it has been deployed ?

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited December 2016

@DianTama The datacenter is up, and the only service they offer at the moment is their Discovery range, found here https://www.ovh.com/us/discover/singapore.xml

Intel Xeon E3-1245v5 4 Cores / 8 Threads 3.5 GHz / 3.9 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 ECC 2133 MHz RAM, 2 x480GB SSD software raid or 2 x2TB software raid (can be edited in BIOS if you pay for KVM which may not be avalible yet.) and their standard DDoS protection for $99.00/month

If you wait until January 2017 that is when they'll start deploying their VPSs, etc in that location.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@DianTama said:
    when does singapore DS will be deployed ? or it has been deployed ?

Last I heard the pre-order servers will be setup on the 15th, in 4 days.

• They mention on their website that they have a bunch of job openings at their new Virginia DC.

• Seems that is not available anymore any option for buy additional bandwidth for Poland servers.

Do you guys have the same problem?

• @mtsbatalha said:
    Seems that is not available anymore any option for buy additional bandwidth for Poland servers.

It never was.. I tried long before and it errored out in last step.

edited December 2016

@stefeman said:

@mtsbatalha said:
    Seems that is not available anymore any option for buy additional bandwidth for Poland servers.

Maybe put in a ticket about it?

also 2 more days until Sydney Australia datacenter opens

@ethancedrik said:

@stefeman said:

@mtsbatalha said:

Or.... An email saying its delayed, again!

@pbgben said:

@ethancedrik said:

@stefeman said:

@mtsbatalha said:

1:40 AM
    Thursday, 15 December 2016 (GMT+1)
    Time in Paris, France

Where is my server? Its already 11:40AM in Melbourne (OVH OZ Office)

@pbgben said:

@pbgben said:

@ethancedrik said:

@stefeman said:

@mtsbatalha said:

Time in Paris, France

I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but I wouldn't expect them to deliver all pre-order servers at 1-2 AM in the morning. It's not the 15th yet for North America, I expect if they deliver them it'll be mid-day tomorrow.

@MikeA said:

@pbgben said:

@pbgben said:

@ethancedrik said:

@stefeman said:

@mtsbatalha said:

Time in Paris, France

I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but I wouldn't expect them to deliver all pre-order servers at 1-2 AM in the morning. It's not the 15th yet for North America, I expect if they deliver them it'll be mid-day tomorrow.

edited December 2016

it's still 10 PM on 12/14/16 for me (eastern standard time), I'd expect them around anywhere tomorrow or the day after, but I really really really really really hope they are delivered immediately, with extra IPs available as well.

It is indeed the 15th in Australia and New Zealand, however like early afternoon over there at the time of writing because they are in the future, and also a lot warmer than we are

• Just keep in mind that they never said the 15th, but 15 days for them to update their equipment. So it'll probably be tomorrow. According to the Weathermap the link to Telstra is now on so I guess that's good.

• Yep, it's linked to Telstra, OVH Los Angeles (pop), and Singapore. so at least that's all good and they're in a good position as far as that goes to release.

The main things I'm hoping to see happen when they release is DDoS VAC be 100% up and fully functional, and same with Failover/additional IPs.

• it is the 15th so presumably around the next 24 hours or so they'll start delivering the servers.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited December 2016

Im actually amazed if they release Anti-DDoS on asia before poland which is in EU lol. Anyone has idea about failover ips in asia? Will they also go live in 24 hours? If so, I gotta start looking for OVH VPS in Asia for game server since providers will put it on live very soon as failovers arrive.

I wonder which one will be cheaper.. ExtraVM or c38.host

Any other providers that will start offering VPS from OVH asia loc?

edited December 2016

I can't wait until OVH finally delivers the Australia servers, I really really hope it's sometime today or tomorrow, I even feel like asking ovh support again but I'll wait lol

• So much drama over a server

Thanked by 1southy

@stefeman said:
    Im actually amazed if they release Anti-DDoS on asia before poland which is in EU lol. Anyone has idea about failover ips in asia? Will they also go live in 24 hours? If so, I gotta start looking for OVH VPS in Asia for game server since providers will put it on live very soon as failovers arrive.

I wonder which one will be cheaper.. ExtraVM or c38.host

Any other providers that will start offering VPS from OVH asia loc?

Mine will start at $16/m for 2GB RAM KVM, which will remain if the IP is hard limited to 16. But there will be a discount initially for them, plus current clients (you should have gotten the e-mail a few weeks back) were contacted with a promotion code to use in the future for them.

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

OhMyMy said: So much drama over a server

OhMyMy...

Thanked by 1southy
    edited December 2016

I asked their support if they had any more new info on the delivery date of the discovery servers in Australia since they still aren't delivered yet, I'll post back here with what they say.

• Hello,

>

We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience this may have caused.

>

As per the latest update received, we were advised that if everything goes accordingly, the servers should be delivered by next Thursday December 22nd. Please note that this is the current estimated time frame but we cannot guarantee that it would be delivered on that date.

>

Thank you for your time and understanding.

>

Cordially,

>

Dhavy A.
    Business Development Representative