Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters

Comments

• Does this mean 2 free months now since we already got offered a month previously?

• Does Warsaw have Anti-DDoS now?

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited December 2016

@ethancedrik said:
    Does Warsaw have Anti-DDoS now?

No, If you try to enable it, you get an error message saying "its not available on this DC yet".

If you get attacked anyway, they will backhaul VAC from France making every connection go through the RBX/GRA/SBG PoP and then internally to your server @ Poland via OVH network.

Whatever pings you had before the attack will be horrendous for hours to come, as the "mitigation mode" lasts forever even after the attack.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Spazzly said:
    Does this mean 2 free months now since we already got offered a month previously?

Doubt it, it's probably for new pre-orders that haven't gotten the free month yet.

• Well they've announced that their dc in germany will be 'expected' to go live in april 2017. Hopefully it won't be april 2018...

DC germany

• @stefeman said:

@ethancedrik said:
    Does Warsaw have Anti-DDoS now?

No, If you try to enable it, you get an error message saying "its not available on this DC yet".

If you get attacked anyway, they will backhaul VAC from France making every connection go through the RBX/GRA/SBG PoP and then internally to your server @ Poland via OVH network.

Whatever pings you had before the attack will be horrendous for hours to come, as the "mitigation mode" lasts forever even after the attack.

I see why they'd be holding off on bringing the other datacenters live, those are even further geographically away from any active OVH PoP.

• According to octave's twitter, SGP location goes live on jan 10

tweet

• guess we'll be waiting a while for the discovery servers to be delivered, then probably an additional several months before they start all their servers in that location

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited January 2017

Hopefully they're released sometime within the next few weeks or so, sometime within January would be ideal tbh

• According to oles at mailing list, WAW anti-ddos will arrive in less than a week.

• Hopefully they will get public cloud options open in these new locations as well. I expected them in WAW already.

• @Hadriel said:
    Hopefully they will get public cloud options open in these new locations as well. I expected them in WAW already.

WAW DC is still in build ... still waiting for my Kimsufi´s that i ordered there ... and VAC still not in place there ...

• Spoke to support again today, they have no idea what is going on..

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Spazzly said:
    Spoke to support again today, they have no idea what is going on..

Nothing new there, internal support and they are clueless.

This is what their job Reqs are;

You will therefore be required to:

To inform and help clients via e-mail and telephone regarding OVH's products and services
    To diagnose and fix the general and specific problems relating to their web hosting services
    Quickly identify the type of prospective customer in order to provide adequate responses
    Support demanding customers to articulate their needs
    Determine if the prospective customer needs additional “service” support for their project
    Identify the appropriate OVH solution(s) to respond to the prospective customer’s expectations
    Follow all internal training necessary for developing and sustaining an advanced knowledge of products, technologies and sales strategies
    Understand, integrate and develop a pitch to promote the image of the OVH brand to future customers
    Build an image of OVH as company with strong expertise and excellent customer support

edited January 2017

According to oles in mailing lists, they have problems linking 3 new VACs to existing mitigation network. They are a week behind the schedule in WAW and its even worse at Asia.

Equinix is also causing them headache @ WAW.

Thanked by 1GamerTech24
  • Sent today to OVH mailing list.

Dear Oktave and rest of OVH team,

We would like to know some things regarding Discovery offer. We are getting different answers here and from Polish OVH support team, so please tell us how it will be, because slowly people will became angry again. We would like to be clear about how it currently looks, and when can we expect to bring this service to such a state that should be from the very beginning.

So, here we go:

1. How about VAC? When it will be available?
    2. How about IPv6? When it will be available?
    3. How about speeds to current backup servers? When those will be normal?
    4. How about IP geolocation? When it will be solved?
    5. How about backup servers in Poland? When it will be available?
    6. How we can consider all that free months of services? I just want to know now if it is okay now to use this servers like them should be used or not - Not all of these things promised by the end of the year work correctly now.
    7. This servers can be used on production purposes or not? OVH Polish support is telling us that it shouldn't be used in production purposes, so what we're paying for? For being betatesters? I just want to know that - I'm not complaining.

I do not want to be recognized as "complainer", I observe only a lot of unanswered questions, and after today's contact with Polish support team appeared my doubts whether this service will ever acted in a way in which some of us expected - ie. with working VAC, IPv6 and with the guarantee that everything will work as it should - because today officially learned that we are still "betatasters", and servers should not be treated as productional (while I have one thing there productively and do not know what to do next).

Thank you for your time!

Luke

Ovh what you doing!?!?

• any news on launch date or problems they have?

• They have problems with contact.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited January 2017

They're still in the process of setting up the VAC-protected network in Singapore and Australia, and currently Warsaw Poland is online with no protection with all data going through Thinx

Construction has commenced in the West Coast United States datacenter as well as them starting to look to buy buildings in the United Kingdom and Germany

• @ethancedrik said:
    They're still in the process of setting up the VAC-protected network in Singapore and Australia, and currently Warsaw Poland is online with no protection with all data going through Thinx

Construction has commenced in the West Coast United States datacenter as well as them starting to look to buy buildings in the United Kingdom and Germany

Didint they add equinix few days ago?

• @theqkash said:
    They have problems with contact.

I don't know what that means.

Anyone knows when Singapore and Australia get started?

@pepilel said:

@theqkash said:
    They have problems with contact.

I don't know what that means.

Anyone knows when Singapore and Australia get started?

Nobody knows, not even ovh themselves

• Nobody knows, not even ovh themselves

Have they started Warsaw, as some said?

• pepilel said: Have they started Warsaw, as some said?

Yes, servers are working, except not available VAC and other issues listed above.

edited January 2017

@theqkash said:

pepilel said: Have they started Warsaw, as some said?

Yes, servers are working, except not available VAC and other issues listed above.

• I want to work at OVH once I finish highschool and get post-secondary education and certification and have a good CV to submit to them

Thanked by 1elgs