Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters

Comments

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited December 2016

So it's now the 22nd, here's to hoping that it's not delayed any further. Maybe they'll give it to us as a Christmas present that people paid for over a month ago, who knows lol, but I guess it's understandable since they're still building out the datacenter and don't want to deliver something that may not be fully ready to go yet.

• Would they bother launching a couple of days before Xmas?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Spazzly said:
    Would they bother launching a couple of days before Xmas?

Its all lies. They need the mons so they get us to pre order and like never deliver. They bout to deadpool innit, bruv. Clear as mud, fam. U hearin me, yeh? Gud.

• I like the price of Singapore location. OVH is really doing well.

• 4 more days until Sydney datacenter discovery servers come online

@ethancedrik said:
    4 more days until Sydney datacenter discovery servers come online

Ha, ha ha..... HahahahahahahahahahahahahabababababababbBBZBBDJSJWKSKZHBDENKEOo

Thanked by 1GamerTech24
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited December 2016

@ethancedrik said:
    4 more days until Sydney datacenter discovery servers come online

Best joke of the year xD

Even the Warsaw DC is not even officially launched yet and has tons of issues. (Failover ips, networking, peering, backups) Warsaw is currently single-homed so its beyond terrible peering for me.

• @ethancedrik said:
    4 more days until Sydney

No local IP routing yet...

edited December 2016

Same, I used whatever vultr money I had left to activate a VPS in their Sydney location as well and did traceroutes to several OVH IPs and servers with domains and their Sydney PoP isn't even active yet, it just all routes straight to LAX.

21st in NZ :)

Where are they at?

edited December 2016

@pbgben said:
    Where are they at?

lol it's now the 21st in all parts of the world and what if it's like
    "Sorry, but we have word it's delayed for another week" that would be hilarious I would laugh

edited December 2016

http://bgp.he.net/net/139.99.128.0/17#_dns I see hostnames here that weren't here before, hopefully that means that they're setting them up

@ethancedrik said:

@pbgben said:
    Where are they at?

lol it's now the 21st in all parts of the world and what if it's like
    "Sorry, but we have word it's delayed for another week" that would be hilarious I would laugh

I will loose my shit. More than literally.

edited December 2016

Yeah I can't wait anymore either, it's been almost 2 months now...

• Well it's like 10 PM in NZ so it is probably like around 7 PM on the 21st over there in AU, I guess we'll wait until tomorrow to see if anything else happens, if not then I don't know what to say about that

@ethancedrik said:
    Well it's like 10 PM in NZ so it is probably like around 7 PM on the 21st over there in AU, I guess we'll wait until tomorrow to see if anything else happens, if not then I don't know what to say about that

I will book a flight and deliver some presents to their Melbourne office.

Thanked by 1GamerTech24
  • Just spoke to support and the latest news they have is that there will be a mass communication about this going out tomorrow however is sounds as though the deployment is delayed until sometime in January........

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Spazzly said:
    Just spoke to support and the latest news they have is that there will be a mass communication about this going out tomorrow however is sounds as though the deployment is delayed until sometime in January........

screenshot?

• @MikeA said:

@Spazzly said:
    Just spoke to support and the latest news they have is that there will be a mass communication about this going out tomorrow however is sounds as though the deployment is delayed until sometime in January........

screenshot?

Cant take a screenshot of a phone call however feel free to call them yourself to confirm - 18556845463, spoke with Jason

edited December 2016

I may put in a ticket as well since I already have one open I can just reply to it and they respond, and it seems like you have to call/submit a ticket to their Canada/BHS team of people and then they have to communicate with the people over at Melbourne/Sydney and get back to them before you get any more additional information. Hopefully it isn't like that for server support, etc.

@ethancedrik said:
    I may put in a ticket as well since I already have one open I can just reply to it and they respond, and it seems like you have to call/submit a ticket to their Canada/BHS team of people and then they have to communicate with the people over at Melbourne/Sydney and get back to them before you get any more additional information. Hopefully it isn't like that for server support, etc.
    @Spazzly said:
    @MikeA said:

@Spazzly said:

screenshot?

edited December 2016

As per the latest update received, we were advised that if everything goes

accordingly, the servers should be delivered by next Thursday December 22nd.

It's actually the 22nd not the 21st, hopefully they can meet that deadline, I wanted to wake up today with a surprise like them being delivered lol, would have made my day.

• @ethancedrik said:

As per the latest update received, we were advised that if everything goes

accordingly, the servers should be delivered by next Thursday December 22nd.

It's actually the 22nd not the 21st, hopefully they can meet that deadline, I wanted to wake up today with a surprise like them being delivered lol, would have made my day.

Guaranteed disappointment coming your way friend :)

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Spazzly said:

@MikeA said:

@Spazzly said:

screenshot?

Cant take a screenshot of a phone call however feel free to call them yourself to confirm - 18556845463, spoke with Jason

Didn't realize you called at first.

• Hello,

Twenty days ago we informed you that we were having difficulty deploying our new VAC infrastructure (the anti-DDoS system) in our Sydney and Singapore datacentres.

The deployment proved to be more difficult than we had anticipated and we have therefore been forced to further delay the delivery of your pre-ordered solutions.

In fact, implementing this new infrastructure could have negative side-effects on the entire OVH network. As it is the festive and sale season, we are especially keen to avoid this and guarantee that our customers receive the best service.

We will keep you informed as soon as your server is available. To compensate for this delay, OVH is pleased to offer you one-month service for free; an opportunity for you to test our new datacenters.

Alternatively, you can still cancel your order from your confirmation email and get a full refund.

We apologize about this delay and thank you for the confidence that you place in us.

Regards,
    The OVH team

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Why didn't they run a test deployment to see what happens? I mean, this explains their CEPH issues a bit more.

Francisco

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:
    Why didn't they run a test deployment to see what happens? I mean, this explains their CEPH issues a bit more.

Francisco

Yolo straight to prod

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2016

@trewq said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Yolo straight to prod

Francisco