Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters

Comments

• So if we order a server right now and pay for it, when it's going to be the next renewal date? February 1st ? Also is the ddos protection added yet or that's coming soon too, together with failover ip's ?

I'm considering if it's worth the move from roubaix to warsaw datacenter.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited November 2016

Anti-DDoS and Failovers are not available yet. They are coming later in January.
    If you buy now, you already missed the free month voucher. They gave free time until January 1, however if you buy a month now, at most you'll get 5 days or so free time.

Peering to the WAW DC (at least for me) is ridiculous for me. 78ms from north europe lol

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited November 2016

Oh wow, is there any test ip?

So anyone buying now won't get that free time until January as it says in the mail?

During development, servers offer Discover remain free until 1 January 2017., And the fee will be calculated only from that date. We encourage you to read messages from Octave Klaba for more information.

I assume if you purchase now, you're doing it during the development period. Gonna try send them a ticket about that.

edited November 2016

@kalimov622 said:
    Oh wow, is there any test ip?

So anyone buying now won't get that free time until January as it says in the mail?

During development, servers offer Discover remain free until 1 January 2017., And the fee will be calculated only from that date. We encourage you to read messages from Octave Klaba for more information.

I assume if you purchase now, you're doing it during the development period. Gonna try send them a ticket about that.

Its free untill january 1. If you buy month now, they obviously wont make it free untill february for you.

Full services start in January so all those that bought before got free renewal. For example, I had the server sitting half idle waiting for anti-DDoS and failover ips.

If you buy now, ur server will expire in december 27. If they gave u free month after that, your server would expire January 27.

Free time ends at 1st January.

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited November 2016

Got it, thanks.

@danninov, thanks. (pretty bad ping, I got +30ms compared to rbx which isn't quite normal)

• Holy crap. Seems they are not doing their best to make additional IPs available.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Soo, whats the likelihood of me getting my server provisioned tomorrow?

edited November 2016

@pbgben said:
    Soo, whats the likelihood of me getting my server provisioned tomorrow?

I guess you might need to wait until january 1 in the worst case. Thats when they start full services xD

I wish the failover IPs came faster.

• ivecotrakkerivecotrakker Member
    edited November 2016

I've received a server from WAW with SSD.
    Speeds are very average.

• So anyone had their servers delivered in Sydney?

• @sqamsqam said:
    So anyone had their servers delivered in Sydney?

Funny guy eh...

No be the answer

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@sqamsqam said:
    So anyone had their servers delivered in Sydney?

I'll try and update you tomorrow after I wake up about it. Today (tomorrow my time, it's midnight) is their delivery date.

• Any idea if their ping will improve in warsaw location? A +30 ms compared to France is quite high and I see everyone has pretty much bad speeds and latency too.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited November 2016

1 more day until the Sydney, Australia datacenter opens

Hello,

>

Thank you for contacting OVH! We were told that the delivery ETA was postponed to the 1st of December. I'll get back to you as soon as I receive more information.

>

Kind regards,

>

Eric Fransen
    OVH Sales Department

That is what I was told by OVH Support when I submitted a ticket about it, for everyone wanting to know what OVH's official response on this is.

Whether more information will be released on these datacenters (if OVH actually owns this location, if the servers are watercooled like they are in Montreal, etc) is unknown. We don't really have a way to find out either as no statement on these details have been made.
    As far as
    https://www.ovh.com/us/about-us/datacenters.xml and http://status.ovh.com/vms/ go I assume they'll update these once full services begin at those locations.

• VinnyletjeVinnyletje Member
    edited November 2016

kalimov622 said: Any idea if their ping will improve in warsaw location? A +30 ms compared to France is quite high and I see everyone has pretty much bad speeds and latency too.

https://twitter.com/olesovhcom/status/803704572959162368

I guess it will, they are still upgrading their network in warsaw.

edit: https://twitter.com/olesovhcom/status/802057224013148160

I suppose this is good too.

Hello,

Due to a recent issue we are forced to push back the launch of the introductory offer in Sydney and Singapore. We estimate that it will take 15 days to resolve the matter.

The opening of a new datacenter in a new geographical zone requires us to deploy a new VAC (anti-DDoS system) infrastructure. VAC works under a simple principal that permits the “vacuuming” of incoming traffic in the event of a DDoS attack.

A couple of cases can occur:

The user is in close proximity of the datacenter, in this case we locally vacuum traffic at the level of the datacenter (for example, in Singapore). Because it is not conceivable to redirect traffic to other the other VACs in Europe or Canada (due to latency).

The user is in another zone (Europe, US...), in this case, traffic is will enter through one of our worldwide Points of Presence then be directed to the closest VAC. The goal is to avoid attacks being carried out on the entire backbone. The combination of these two techniques allows attack mitigation to be spread across the maximum number of VACs and increases security.

However, the second case requires us to use a routing function that is not available in the software version that was deployed on the routers.

We must update all equipment on the entire OVH infrastructure including in Europe and US/CA.

We thank you for the confidence that you place in us and apologize for any inconvenience.

The OVH team

• I do love how they wait for deployment day to let everyone know there is a 15 day delay..

edited November 2016

Then again, if this shit works, and they can setup VAC point into asia for the local users.. there is no need for backhauling. This would mean that pings stay normal during an attack.

This is a real gamechanger for asia gamehosting business.. Holy shit.. OVH Anti-DDoS in asia.. so long I have waited this day.

OVH asia VAC could mitigate whatever part of the attack comes from asia, while other part of the attacks would go in via their respective nearby VACs. OVH also has no competition in Asia Anti-DDoS scene since without pre-existing VAC points around the world, it would be impossible to mitigate it all only in Asia.

Would be pretty insane if they get this working imo.. I will surely buy a gameserver VPS in asia when this becomes available. Probly from ExtraVM.

Thanked by 1MikeA

@stefeman said:
    Then again, if this shit works, and they can setup VAC point into asia for the local users.. there is no need for backhauling. This would mean that pings stay normal during an attack.

This is a real gamechanger for asia gamehosting business.. Holy shit.. OVH Anti-DDoS in asia.. so long I have waited this day.

OVH asia VAC could mitigate whatever part of the attack comes from asia, while other part of the attacks would go in via their respective nearby VACs. OVH also has no competition in Asia Anti-DDoS scene since without pre-existing VAC points around the world, it would be impossible to mitigate it all only in Asia.

Would be pretty insane if they get this working imo.. I will surely buy a gameserver VPS in asia when this becomes available. Probly from ExtraVM.

Ahem..

edited November 2016

@pbgben said:

@stefeman said:

Ahem..

Or c38.host xD Dunno if you will have asia loc.. Ive seen some on ExtraVM site though.

:P We will do... If they ever come to exist that it.... Damn OVH

• YAY! IPs are available in WAW1 Datacenter.

• Only local IP's (non-transferrable ATM)

• Still no VAC

edited November 2016

@theqkash said:
    YAY! IPs are available in WAW1 Datacenter.

• Only local IP's (non-transferrable ATM)

• Still no VAC

U kidding me? On bed. Gonna log on computer right now. If you bullshitting me Ill murder you :D

• Holy shit its true.

• theqkashtheqkash Member
    edited November 2016

stefeman said: U kidding me? On bed. Gonna log on computer right now. If you bullshitting me Ill murder you :D

I'm serious as never before, this time:)

• Yea... Finally additional IPs are available.

Ya'll can get fucked.

Thanked by 1GamerTech24
  • GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited December 2016

So December 15th it is then for the Sydney location to come online with DDoS VAC, and for all other currently online locations to receive DDoS VAC as well.

Hopefully they'll have additional IPs available too lol

This looks promising http://bgp.he.net/net/139.99.128.0/17
    A /17 IPv4 block announced as "OVH Australia PTY LTD", that's around 32,768 IPs avalible for use there.

Also from the WHOIS you can see
    Address: 90 ARTHUR STREET NORTH SYDNEY NSW
    so we now know the location of the datacenter as well, and I was able to grab these pics from Google Maps,
    https://i.gyazo.com/2f2c9d4f836af68d37829b6a102a630a.jpg presumably that is their Australian datacenter, that building is pretty tall too so it would make sense as far as layout, capacity, etc.

If so, you guys saw it here first!

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • Hey guys,

Seems that OVH Poland servers is uncapped (1Gbps burstable).

Do you can confirm about this?

Thanks!