Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters

Comments

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited November 2016

@XIAOSpider97 said:

@trewq said:

Do people still host nodes with only RAID 1?

Some people host SSD nodes without RAID, but they'll never tell you.

I have wondered this a while now and decided to ask finally.. is that icon of yours a cloud with moustache or gust of wind?

• @stefeman said:

I have wondered this a while now and decided to ask finally.. is that icon of yours a cloud with moustache or gust of wind?

Wind.

• @stefeman said:

@trewq said:

@XIAOSpider97 said:

@jimaek said:
    So any providers offering VPS in Warsaw yet?

Once additional IPs are available.

Ive seen some hosts that do not even have a RAID array to maximize the disk space. Still more redundant than RAID 0 because if one disk fails, you only lose half of your clients data lol and still keep max storage space. compare that to 2 disk RAID 0 which is a bit faster but will eventually screw up faster too.

I don't know what others on this thread will do with their machines but my own plan is to setup RAID 1 proxmox for me and my 2 friends as our hardware requirements increase while we still need individual kvm containers. Updating from half as powerful soyoustart server while paying just 8€ more is worth it for us (I hope).

Raid 0 all the way. 'Fail fast, fail often' that's the spirit in the Valley.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2016

@elwebmaster said:

@stefeman said:

@trewq said:

@XIAOSpider97 said:

@jimaek said:
    So any providers offering VPS in Warsaw yet?

Once additional IPs are available.

Ive seen some hosts that do not even have a RAID array to maximize the disk space. Still more redundant than RAID 0 because if one disk fails, you only lose half of your clients data lol and still keep max storage space. compare that to 2 disk RAID 0 which is a bit faster but will eventually screw up faster too.

I don't know what others on this thread will do with their machines but my own plan is to setup RAID 1 proxmox for me and my 2 friends as our hardware requirements increase while we still need individual kvm containers. Updating from half as powerful soyoustart server while paying just 8€ more is worth it for us (I hope).

Raid 0 all the way. 'Fail fast, fail often' that's the spirit in the Valley.

The marketing wank goes a little like this. "We use RAID to provide the best performance possible, allowing you the full speed of our SSD hosting with affordable reliably that you can count on" (to fail)

Terms and conditions will state that tge service is not production ready and that the user should have backups in place to reocver from failure, should one occur, for an extra fee we can do this for you if requested via ticket, there will be an additional fee.

• Fresh news for you - polish support is telling that additional IP addresses will be provided in December probably :)

• "Probably". Lol

Thanked by 2karjaj XIAOSpider97
  • SpazzlySpazzly Member
    edited November 2016

Latest in: Deployments in Sydney delayed until Feb 2017 due to ECC Memory shortages.

Failover Ip's are also delayed due to memory shortages and will be available within 1 months of deployment.

WAW failover ip's will come before Sydney and be ready in Jan 2017

• It is a powerful company
    great

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited November 2016

@Spazzly said:
    Latest in: Deployments in Sydney delayed until Feb 2017 due to ECC Memory shortages.

Failover Ip's are also delayed due to memory shortages and will be available within 1 months of deployment.

WAW failover ip's will come before Sydney and be ready in Jan 2017

I hope not, let's stay positive

• I had better fire up a server with @Oliver to help me through the delays

• Octave Klaba:

We have some issues with the "neutral" facilitie Thinx/Atman.
    Yesterday, they refused us to connect the new fibers from a
    competitor (Skynet) to our rack in Thinx. We consider it's not
    a neutral POP. That's why we will move from Thinx to Equinix
    WA2.

Our DC, WAW, is connected to 2 POP: Equinix/Telecity/LIM and
    Thinx. WAW is still connected and it works fine using Equinix but
    we need to take 1 month to secure the 2nd POP with Equinix WA2.

We could have hidden this fact and provide you the services with
    only 1 POP. But we don't want to take any risk for your service.
    We don't want to start all products with not fully secured network
    design. That's why, we decided to delay deliverying of all products
    during 1 month. We will start all full services in January, 1.

The "discovery" offer is free until January 1, for all customers
    that trusted us ordering and using the servers from our DC WAW.

Thanked by 1dgprasetya
    edited November 2016

I still can see expiration day on my waw server.. 27.11.2016

how is that free untill january? Lol or did I understood wrong.

• graphicgraphic Member
    edited November 2016

It will be automatically paid or extended (however) when you get your invoice. I've got my invoice and a few days later it was marked as paid.

• How soon does the invoice come?

• I think it was a week before invoice date.

http://prntscr.com/d7yy2z

• HDD version for Poland server in current moment is Sold out.

• @mtsbatalha said:
    HDD version for Poland server in current moment is Sold out.

I wonder how many of the 500 servers they have sold so far.

• How about SG speed to CN?

edited November 2016

Still not renewing automatically for free =/

Was that bullshit what Oles tweeted about free untill January?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@stefeman said:
    Still not renewing automatically for free =/

Was that bullshit what Oles tweeted about free untill January?

One must digress, where are the cookies?

• It's the 24th, we're almost there until December when they're supposedly set to come online

• Has anyone gotten their promised free rewenal yet for the waw servers?

• theqkashtheqkash Member
    edited November 2016

stefeman said: Has anyone gotten their promised free rewenal yet for the waw servers?

Yes.

They've told that that servers will be renewed up to day before expiration.

Drogi Kliencie,

>

Dziękujemy, że zdecydowałeś się zostać jednym z pierwszych, którzy zamówili serwer dedykowany w naszym nowym centrum danych WAW1 w Polsce.

>

Jak już mogli Państwo usłyszeć, uruchomienie pełnej gamy produktowej zostało przesunięte w czasie względem pierwotnego harmonogramu.

>

Transparentność w komunikacji z klientami jest dla OVH bardzo ważna. Poniżej możecie Państwo przeczytać wiadomość od Octave Klaba, założyciela i dyrektora technicznego OVH, który wyjaśnia przyczyny zaistniałej sytuacji i przekazuje informacje na tematu obecnego statusu projektu.

>

Podczas prac rozwojowych, serwery z oferty Discover pozostaną darmowe do 1 stycznia 2017 r., a wniesiona opłata będzie liczona dopiero od tego dnia. Zachęcamy do przeczytania wiadomości od Octave'a Klaby w celu uzyskania szczegółowych informacji.

>

Dziękujemy za okazane zaufanie.

>

Zespół OVH

(Automatically translated):

Dear Customer,

>

Thank you decide to become one of the first who ordered a dedicated server in our new data center WAW1 in Poland.

>

As you may have already heard, the launch of the full product range has been postponed from its original schedule.

>

Transparency in communication with customers is very important for OVH. Below you can read the message from the Octave Klaba, founder and technical director OVH, which explains the causes of the situation and provide information on the subject of the current status of the project.

>

During development, servers offer Discover remain free until 1 January 2017., And the fee will be calculated only from that date. We encourage you to read messages from Octave Klaba for more information.

>

Thank you for your trust.

>

team OVH

• @stefeman said:
    Has anyone gotten their promised free rewenal yet for the waw servers?

sure

Has received an extension of the time of the order, but the late payment orders do not know what it means, have encountered it?

edited November 2016

@theqkash said:

stefeman said: Has anyone gotten their promised free rewenal yet for the waw servers?

Yes.

They've told that that servers will be renewed up to day before expiration.

Drogi Kliencie,

>

Dziękujemy, że zdecydowałeś się zostać jednym z pierwszych, którzy zamówili serwer dedykowany w naszym nowym centrum danych WAW1 w Polsce.

>

Jak już mogli Państwo usłyszeć, uruchomienie pełnej gamy produktowej zostało przesunięte w czasie względem pierwotnego harmonogramu.

>

Transparentność w komunikacji z klientami jest dla OVH bardzo ważna. Poniżej możecie Państwo przeczytać wiadomość od Octave Klaba, założyciela i dyrektora technicznego OVH, który wyjaśnia przyczyny zaistniałej sytuacji i przekazuje informacje na tematu obecnego statusu projektu.

>

Podczas prac rozwojowych, serwery z oferty Discover pozostaną darmowe do 1 stycznia 2017 r., a wniesiona opłata będzie liczona dopiero od tego dnia. Zachęcamy do przeczytania wiadomości od Octave'a Klaby w celu uzyskania szczegółowych informacji.

>

Dziękujemy za okazane zaufanie.

>

Zespół OVH

(Automatically translated):

Dear Customer,

>

Thank you decide to become one of the first who ordered a dedicated server in our new data center WAW1 in Poland.

>

As you may have already heard, the launch of the full product range has been postponed from its original schedule.

>

Transparency in communication with customers is very important for OVH. Below you can read the message from the Octave Withers, founder and technical director OVH, which explains the causes of the situation and provide information on the subject of the current status of the project.

>

During development, servers offer Discover remain free until 1 January 2017., And the fee will be calculated only from that date. We encourage you to read messages from Octave tubers for more information.

>

Thank you for your trust.

>

team OVH

A day before? Thats pretty sneaky.. some people might not wait that long but decide to pay instead.

I cant find any messages regarding this though :( You sure this is not only for the polish customers?

• leiluo said: Has received an extension of the time of the order, but the late payment orders do not know what it means, have encountered it?

Nope sir, I have no problem like that.
    Maybe it is related to another service?

stefeman said: A day before? Thats pretty sneaky.. some people might not wait that long but decide to pay instead.

I cant find any messages regarding this though :( You sure this is not only for the polish customers?

Indeed.

My friend has ordered by ovh.de and his server has been already renewed. You just have to wait.

• @theqkash said:

leiluo said: Has received an extension of the time of the order, but the late payment orders do not know what it means, have encountered it?

stefeman said: A day before? Thats pretty sneaky.. some people might not wait that long but decide to pay instead.

Indeed.

My friend has ordered by ovh.de and his server has been already renewed. You just have to wait.

My server is renewed for free too.

• @mtsbatalha said:

@theqkash said:

leiluo said: Has received an extension of the time of the order, but the late payment orders do not know what it means, have encountered it?

Indeed.

My server is renewed for free too.

Day before expiration date?

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

@stefeman my expiery dat voor WAW server (not ordered from Poland) now has changed to "Expires on Dec 31, 2016"

• I got the extension now. 30th 12th.