Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Launches 3 New Datacenters

Comments

• Oles has just written that IP addresses will be available in WAW in 2-3 weeks.

• HaxHax Member

@Pilovali said:
    I can't even ping or run a traceroute to their SmokePing host.
    I'm curious for the latency between Singapore > Roubaix.

Thanked by 1Pilovali
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2016

God I hate OVH.

Just spent an hour on the phone for an attack that was not being mitigated, traffic bypassing even a simple drop all rule in the hardware firewall. Their solution: there is nothing that we can do. Leave it and wait for the attack to subside.

Yeah, bye bye.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@SplitIce said:
    God I hate OVH.

Just spent an hour on the phone for an attack that was not being mitigated, traffic bypassing even a simple drop all rule in the hardware firewall. Their solution: there is nothing that we can do. Leave it and wait for the attack to subside.

Yeah, bye bye.

You can't use tcpdump and their network firewall?

I can't do alot when the traffic BYPASSES their network firewall (there are drop all TCP rules for that IP). They admitted it themselves that there was an error there, but they were unable/unwilling to fix it.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

SplitIce said: but they were unable/unwilling to fix it.

Sure I bet they can't fix something like that while you are on the phone with the support even if you wait for an hour and even if there's an attack going on, but likely if you brought that up in a ticket you'd get the result eventually (in a week or two).

@rm_ said:

SplitIce said: but they were unable/unwilling to fix it.

Sure I bet they can't fix something like that while you are on the phone with the support even if you wait for an hour and even if there's an attack going on, but likely if you brought that up in a ticket you'd get the result eventually (in a week or two).

There is a ticket. I'm betting the response is something like "your server is online now", a week or 2 later.

• @theqkash said:
    Oles has just written that IP addresses will be available in WAW in 2-3 weeks.

Source?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2016

SplitIce said: I'm betting the response is something like "your server is online now", a week or 2 later.

Nah I was getting DDoS protection misfiring ALL the time on my VPS-SSD, finally it even got stuck in the enabled state, I filed a ticket, they said they will "pass this over to the VAC team for review" and since some time later, no issues whatsoever.

• @theqkash said:
    Oles has just written that IP addresses will be available in WAW in 2-3 weeks.

Those 2-3 weeks will turn into 3-4 months. Just wait and see.

@SplitIce, you should not contact OVH support if you have problems with VAC. My friend got this email from OVH once, it was a direct email to the team that works with their DDoS protection - after this all his problems were solved. And they responded very quickly.

• stefeman said: Source?

OVH WAW discussion list.

• @theqkash said:

stefeman said: Source?

OVH WAW discussion list.

May you link? I'd like to follow that as well.

• stefeman said: May you link? I'd like to follow that as well.

It is in Polish only.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited October 2016

Damn.. I see.

• Hi,
    May I know the result for Internal OVH transfer rate "iperf -c iperf.ovh.net -i 1" from WAW ?

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited October 2016

`root@Skynet:~# iperf -c iperf.ovh.net -i 1

Client connecting to iperf.ovh.net, TCP port 5001
    TCP window size: 45.0 KByte (default)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [  3] local 137.74.x.x port 40981 connected with 188.165.12.136 port 5001
    [ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth
    [  3]  0.0- 1.0 sec  65.5 MBytes   549 Mbits/sec
    [  3]  1.0- 2.0 sec  93.5 MBytes   784 Mbits/sec
    [  3]  2.0- 3.0 sec  95.2 MBytes   799 Mbits/sec
    [  3]  3.0- 4.0 sec  93.9 MBytes   787 Mbits/sec
    [  3]  4.0- 5.0 sec  94.5 MBytes   793 Mbits/sec
    [  3]  5.0- 6.0 sec  95.1 MBytes   798 Mbits/sec
    [  3]  6.0- 7.0 sec  95.1 MBytes   798 Mbits/sec
    [  3]  7.0- 8.0 sec  94.8 MBytes   795 Mbits/sec
    [  3]  8.0- 9.0 sec  93.6 MBytes   785 Mbits/sec
    [  3]  9.0-10.0 sec  95.0 MBytes   797 Mbits/sec
    [  3]  0.0-10.0 sec   916 MBytes   768 Mbits/sec

`

• Am i dreaming to expect Sydney servers to start coming online today?

• @htun said:
    OVH seems to reduce their introductory offer price from $124.60 to $99 in Singapore and Australia location.

https://ovh.com/us/discover/singapore.xml

$124 is AUD
    $99 is USD

• @seaeagle said:

@htun said:
    OVH seems to reduce their introductory offer price from $124.60 to $99 in Singapore and Australia location.

https://ovh.com/us/discover/singapore.xml

$124 is AUD
    $99 is USD

Was originally 124.60 USD, it then changed to $99 USD. Support said they had an error and the original pricing was in CAD. I send them a screenshot of my original payment and they are looking to refund the difference.

Thanked by 1seaeagle
  • OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Spazzly said: Am i dreaming to expect Sydney servers to start coming online today?

Someone on another forum had a reply from OVH support indicating that location wasn't even online/ready yet.

They aren't really getting off to a good start by over promising to Aussie customers who in my opinion are not as tolerant of being bullshitted about with this type of stuff; might even fall foul of some consumer protection stuff if they don't notify people who pre-ordered when they will get their servers and offer refunds due to their inability to provide the service paid for.

I am waiting for a server there as well (Sydney) and doubt it'll be online; there's no real evidence of them having anything connected in Sydney at all anywhere.

Thanked by 2Wicked racksx
  • @Oliver said:

Spazzly said: Am i dreaming to expect Sydney servers to start coming online today?

Someone on another forum had a reply from OVH support indicating that location wasn't even online/ready yet.

They aren't really getting off to a good start by over promising to Aussie customers who in my opinion are not as tolerant of being bullshitted about with this type of stuff; might even fall foul of some consumer protection stuff if they don't notify people who pre-ordered when they will get their servers and offer refunds due to their inability to provide the service paid for.

I am waiting for a server there as well (Sydney) and doubt it'll be online; there's no real evidence of them having anything connected in Sydney at all anywhere.

Thats a worry!

• Just asked on twitter, will see what they have to say

• kennethkenneth Member
    edited October 2016

@stefeman said:

I wonder if they got Internal 1Gbits for OVH, anyone know anything about this ?

• From WAW I can't see why not as they have 600Gbps back to their core, other locations I doubt.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

I have also asked about Australia, Said today but no luck so far.

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

SG location should be up 11th Nov!

• @cfgguy said:

really?

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

@jeatey said:

@cfgguy said:

really?

Yes, Thats what they told me. It should be up between 7-11th Nov.

• Anyone heard anything about Sydney ? I've still yet to receive a response about when the servers should be up.

• @sqamsqam said:
    Anyone heard anything about Sydney ? I've still yet to receive a response about when the servers should be up.

Have asked on twitter and sent a support ticket, no response.