Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Pricing Changes - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Pricing Changes

123457»

Comments

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Francisco said: Looks like the 'reseller' program got bumped some too but it doesn't look like they're tiering it... yet.

What do you mean by "got bumped some too" - I haven't found anything to indicate that reseller licenses have changed? From the FAQ:

"I have a license from a reseller, am I affected?

There are no changes being made to reseller licenses at this time."

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

randvegeta said: Do people really demand beautiful UI?

Yep, absolutely. A project of a friend of mine (Airship) got a never-ending stream of vile comments directed at it, just because the UI didn't look snazzy.

• AnthonySmith said: Whmcs importer ,cpanel and solusvm modules?

Edit, oh nvm it's ispsystems, so no external server or panel support I assume, yawn.

There are no automatic modules, but cPanel reselling or SolusVM module can be pretty easily integrated in BILLmanager.

WHMCS -> BILLmanager import can be done which is a manual process, and I admit it might be difficult for a provider with >1000 clients to migrate, but I assume the same works for migration to any other alternative billing solution.

However there might be providers who are exploring good and affordable alternatives to WHMCS right now e.g. for their new business or are ready to switch, and they might be interested to know what alternatives to WHMCS are on the market, such as BILLmanager or other solutions that have been mentioned here. And for us as a developer it is important to know whether BILLmanager could meet their needs.

• MrGeneral said: can't get it why you guys take so long to release something that should already been done. I mean, you got a chance here

We could have upgraded GUI quite quickly and made it more modern, but that would be a half measure. We clearly understand that we need to grow in control panel interaction experience on both admin and user levels. The product has quickly evolved in terms of functionality, and Enterprise companies are using it now, hence we need to re-develop our UX as a combination of both logical and visual parts.

Rich functionality also impacts the time we dedicate to this re-development. I personally see the progress of it and can say that it could be sped up only at the expense of quality, which is unacceptable.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • And whmcs is finally free?

Sarcasm.

• Found this post on WHT regarding WHMCS reseller:

Just a quick update for people on here really. I had a good lengthy discussion with WHMCS about the reseller scheme, because it's potentially going to have an impact on us if they change it.

The Reseller Program will be moved to a tiered structure also at some point by April next year with the changes not being fully in effect until September 2017, but it's only just being thought about at the moment.

One thing which I found very interesting in my discussion with them, which I'm still very dubious about. They're going to change their offering to resellers even further by encouraging providers to push clients directly to WHMCS as customers, rather than servicing them with the licence ourselves. They're basically proposing to incentivise providers to do this. WHMCS would sell the licence at a discounted rate to the customer directly, the provider takes a commission chunk. They're going to put a button in the dashboard which basically says 'Transfer to WHMCS' or whatever and it does it all automatically.

It still makes me quite nervous around the WHMCS Reseller Program at the moment and I have said to them that to me, it seems like (especially with that last point) that they are trying to do away with resellers all together. But I was assured that wasn't the case. If that isn't the case, why is it more financially beneficial to send a client directly to be a customer of WHMCS instead?

We shall see. For now, we will continue to support the program. But with them proposing to introduce a three-tier structure to resellers too, I'm not sure for how much longer.

• It's not april yet @WHMCS :/