Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Pricing Changes - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Pricing Changes

Comments

• have they released pricing for the resellers? will free whmcs still be something that's offered through hosting resellers? even if its just the lower tier.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Jorbox said:
    There are many developers here why not support boxbilling, its open-source. I Already use it

I'd not take billing software seriously that uses mcrypt.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • time to move to Blesta, HostBill or other whmcs alternative..

Thanked by 1x3host
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Catalin said: time to move to Blesta, HostBill or other whmcs alternative..

Even at 3 times the price WHMCS is still the better of those 3, why move?

Thanked by 2GCat x3host
  • Looks like they will also be doing some hosting soon.

• @joepie91 said:

@Jorbox said:
    There are many developers here why not support boxbilling, its open-source. I Already use it

@GCat said:

@joepie91 said:

@Jorbox said:

Quite the opposite. The mcrypt extension is an oddball crypto implementation that has been unmaintained for a while now, and that has been removed from PHP core for very good reason.

You really, really, really shouldn't be using mcrypt.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @joepie91 said:

@GCat said:

@joepie91 said:

@Jorbox said:

Quite the opposite. The mcrypt extension is an oddball crypto implementation that has been unmaintained for a while now, and that has been removed from PHP core for very good reason.

I know, it was sarcasm

@GCat said:

@joepie91 said:

@GCat said:

@joepie91 said:

@Jorbox said:

I know, it was sarcasm

Aha. It's hard to tell in PHP-land sometimes :)

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @joepie91 said:

@GCat said:

@joepie91 said:

@GCat said:

@joepie91 said:

@Jorbox said:

I know, it was sarcasm

Aha. It's hard to tell in PHP-land sometimes :)

• joepie91 said: Quite the opposite. The mcrypt extension is an oddball crypto implementation that has been unmaintained for a while now, and that has been removed from PHP core for very good reason.

Get off your high horse and send in a pull request then?

edited October 2016

@classy said:

joepie91 said: Quite the opposite. The mcrypt extension is an oddball crypto implementation that has been unmaintained for a while now, and that has been removed from PHP core for very good reason.

Get off your high horse and send in a pull request then?

So, there's a few problems with that:

1. Security-related PRs in PHP-land almost inevitably result in a weeks-long flamewar about how it supposedly isn't really a security issue and how it will cause issues and blah, blah, blah... with the PR getting rejected or remaining in perpetual limbo in the end.
    2. I don't do PHP anymore.
    3. BoxBilling is a commercial company, for fucks sake. They can afford to fix it themselves.
    4. Fixing one such issue isn't going to make it magically secure. If they are not sufficiently security-conscious to know that mcrypt is a bad choice, I have no faith in them getting the rest of the application right either. Attitude is everything.

This is absolutely not worth my time.

Thanked by 2KuJoe GCat
  • classyclassy Member
    edited October 2016

joepie91 said: Security-related PRs in PHP-land almost inevitably result in a weeks-long flamewar about how it supposedly isn't really a security issue and how it will cause issues and blah, blah, blah... with the PR getting rejected or remaining in perpetual limbo in the end.

Oh you mean like with ZPanel? Hehe... hehe... That was a fun read back then.

OK gotcha, probably a PITA indeed and I forgot it was a commercial company too.

@classy said:

joepie91 said: Security-related PRs in PHP-land almost inevitably result in a weeks-long flamewar about how it supposedly isn't really a security issue and how it will cause issues and blah, blah, blah... with the PR getting rejected or remaining in perpetual limbo in the end.

Oh you mean like with ZPanel? Hehe... hehe... That was a fun read back then.

OK gotcha, probably a PITA indeed and I forgot it was a commercial company too.

Not just ZPanel. A friend of mine used to regularly submit security-related issues and PRs to a variety of PHP projects (from very small to very big), and it almost inevitably ended in some variation of this. As a result, the state of security in PHP-land is sad, to say the least.

He's since given up on this as well.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • I dont feel the price change will help with their support or anything. I also do not think they should offer an saas option. They have had too many security issues and lack of support to make that a viable option for them at this time.

• @admsam said:
    Ubersmith good?

Yep its pretty good for the price in my opinion it really depends on what you need ubersmith offers some solutions that whmcs doesn't as well as the other way around.

• @PrColo said:

@admsam said:
    Ubersmith good?

Yep its pretty good for the price in my opinion it really depends on what you need ubersmith offers some solutions that whmcs doesn't as well as the other way around.

Look at their products features, really nice and good. But the price really too much expensive to me.

• I've been using ClientExec for a few years now, and although it's not perfect and required quite a lot of custom bits adding it works well for me. One of the things I like about CE is how friendly their support is, they even provide some decoded php files if you want to customize something.

@OnApp_Terry, are you thinking of changing SolusVM pricing? I hope not.

• OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited October 2016

@linuxthefish said:
    I've been using ClientExec for a few years now, and although it's not perfect and required quite a lot of custom bits adding it works well for me. One of the things I like about CE is how friendly their support is, they even provide some decoded php files if you want to customize something.

We have no plans to increase pricing.

If any interested customers would like to signup for a contract, you can do so by emailing Shaffi, the SolusVM product manager, at [email protected].

Thanked by 1linuxthefish

@OnApp_Terry said:

@linuxthefish said:
    I've been using ClientExec for a few years now, and although it's not perfect and required quite a lot of custom bits adding it works well for me. One of the things I like about CE is how friendly their support is, they even provide some decoded php files if you want to customize something.

If any interested customers would like to signup for a contract, you can do so by emailing Shaffi, the SolusVM product manager, at [email protected].

So v2 release in 2016 or naa?

Thanked by 3Lee MikePT MichaelCee
  • @AnthonySmith said:

@OnApp_Terry said:

@linuxthefish said:

been wait for v2 until my neck getting longer

@admsam said:

@AnthonySmith said:

@OnApp_Terry said:

@linuxthefish said:

been wait for v2 until my neck getting longer

lol, I have asked on WHT many times, LET many times, Twitter, Facebook, email, ticket, they don't answer, at all, not even diversionary tactics, just no answer at all, it has become a bit silly now, I will keep asking every time they pop up far any reason though.

Thanked by 2MikePT DewlanceVPS
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    lol, I have asked on WHT many times, LET many times, Twitter, Facebook, email, ticket, they don't answer, at all, not even diversionary tactics, just no answer at all, it has become a bit silly now, I will keep asking every time they pop up far any reason though.

I highly doubt you will get an answer or confirmation that SolusVM is dead. I would honestly think that they would purchase any onapp competitor, prior they update SolusVM.

I can live with the 2x times pricing change on WHMCS, we'll see if they actually improve anything. Though, I am pretty sure they will crunch the increased income they get in fighting incomming DDoS attacks against their new hosted solution.

• WHTWHT Member

39.99$ month means in 2 years you pay for 3 lifetime licenses lol

AlexBarakov said: I highly doubt you will get an answer or confirmation that SolusVM is dead. I would honestly think that they would purchase any onapp competitor, prior they update SolusVM.

So do I, does not stop me asking though :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

WHT said: 39.99$ month means in 2 years you pay for 3 lifetime licenses lol

It's a little more complicated - you have to factor in that you need to pay maintenance on the owned license (assuming you want updates/patches).

• If your new provider and on a budget it would dig a hole in your pocket pretty fast. If your smart I'd skip even looking at WHMCS there are better billing systems out there that are more affordable. They still haven't updated there backup system makes you wonder if they even use it?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2016

Snickertastic said: If your smart I'd skip even looking at WHMCS there are better billing systems out there that are more affordable.

I wish this were true, but in all of these years there's been no suitable replacement for all of the features WHMCS has to offer. We even tried switching to Blesta a while back (we still have an owned license) but when we started putting together a list of all the things I needed to manually add the list got so long we realized it wasn't worth the effort because we most likely would have missed something until the day we needed it resulting in me dropping everything I was doing to add it that day.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2016

@Snickertastic said:
    If your new provider and on a budget it would dig a hole in your pocket pretty fast. If your smart I'd skip even looking at WHMCS there are better billing systems out there that are more affordable. They still haven't updated there backup system makes you wonder if they even use it?

A provider on a budget under $40 is not a provider. It's like a kid playing house. Why is WHMCS responsible for your backups?

Thanked by 2MikeA zafouhar