Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Pricing Changes - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Pricing Changes

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Lee said: If someone puts up an ad for a job on here you all shoot him/her down for the low amount, not a living wage etc. You need the income to pay the living wage.

WHMCS Dev Lives Matter!

BTW, I think it's completely hilarious that everyone and his mother has written a VPS control panel, but open source billing systems are few and far between. Even some that start that way turn commercial sometimes.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @MikeA said:

@Internoc24 said:

@Lee said:
    If someone puts up an ad for a job on here you all shoot him/her down for the low amount, not a living wage etc. You need the income to pay the living wage.

WHMCS is a company with several employees, offices and all the associated costs. Especially for a UK based firm.

Love it, hate it or indifferent towards it bills need to be paid. Prices go up in all companies eventually.

The reality is that that the changes are nothing at this time. Those that will pay the top tier price quite frankly have nothing to complain about.

If a couple of $'s are not worth it then the options are build your own, the time and cost of that will far exceed the WHMCS prices over many years. Move to a different panel like Blesta and save a couple of bucks, but if that was your worry before then you would have done it.

If you just want a bitch about more money than anything else, carry on.

The generic nature of any Business is, if prices are raise up, there must BE additional Benefits for the customer..But not here. You get nothing for your additional paid amount. Only one Business can raise up prices (and sometimes reduce) without additional Benefits: The Gast Station in your town!

But the gas station has to pay for the gas, food, employees to run it.

Maybe Gas Station was not the best example to explain it, Landlords should be better :) They also raises up the rent for the apartments, and you dont get any additional Benefits...most....but maybe you have a good Landlord and have renovate your Bathroom..as the result of rasing of the rent. But on WHMCS: Price raises up 250%: Benefits raises up..0,00%.

• It's a free market and you're totally free not to use them. I'd imagine they are betting on people sticking with the status quo / low hassle factor.

How about Windows as a comparison. Everyone could switch to Linux and save cash, but the price isn't the only issue.

• WHTWHT Member
    edited October 2016

Well he who have 10 owned licenses in 10 years can make great money.

Cpanel owned licenses are sold now for 1000+

• ricardo said: How about Windows as a comparison. Everyone could switch to Linux and save cash, but the price isn't the only issue.

Not everyone pays for Windows ;)

• @Internoc24 said:

@MikeA said:

@Internoc24 said:

@Lee said:
    If someone puts up an ad for a job on here you all shoot him/her down for the low amount, not a living wage etc. You need the income to pay the living wage.

WHMCS is a company with several employees, offices and all the associated costs. Especially for a UK based firm.

Love it, hate it or indifferent towards it bills need to be paid. Prices go up in all companies eventually.

The reality is that that the changes are nothing at this time. Those that will pay the top tier price quite frankly have nothing to complain about.

If a couple of $'s are not worth it then the options are build your own, the time and cost of that will far exceed the WHMCS prices over many years. Move to a different panel like Blesta and save a couple of bucks, but if that was your worry before then you would have done it.

If you just want a bitch about more money than anything else, carry on.

The generic nature of any Business is, if prices are raise up, there must BE additional Benefits for the customer..But not here. You get nothing for your additional paid amount. Only one Business can raise up prices (and sometimes reduce) without additional Benefits: The Gast Station in your town!

But the gas station has to pay for the gas, food, employees to run it.

Maybe Gas Station was not the best example to explain it, Landlords should be better :) They also raises up the rent for the apartments, and you dont get any additional Benefits...most....but maybe you have a good Landlord and have renovate your Bathroom..as the result of rasing of the rent. But on WHMCS: Price raises up 250%: Benefits raises up..0,00%.

I once rented where the landlord said they'll be putting a drive in, a porch and make sure they'd upgrade the central heating, although when we first moved in we was paying £600/month, it slowly crept up to £630/month after the first 12months, then out of no where in the second 12 months they wanted £975/month for doing absolutely nothing.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2016

ricardo said: How about Windows as a comparison. Everyone could switch to Linux and save cash

Well, to be fair, Microsoft spent a non-trivial marketing budget on making people believe otherwise.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2016

Internoc24 said: there must BE additional Benefits for the customer..But not here. You get nothing for your additional paid amount. Only one Business can raise up prices (and sometimes reduce) without additional Benefits: The Gast Station in your town!

Behave yourself.

My bills that increase year on year with no additional benefit:

Landline
    Mobile
    Gas
    Electricity
    Taxes
    Insurances
    Servicing for my watches
    Car Servicing
    and more...

WHMCS provide you with security patches and additional features, those are benefits.

• Does anyone have a owned whmcs license they want to sell?

• LeeLee Veteran

zafouhar said: Does anyone have a owned whmcs license they want to sell?

Jebus, that was quick...

Lee said: Servicing for my watches

Plot twist: he meant "wenches".

Thanked by 2Lee cassa
  • @Lee said:

zafouhar said: Does anyone have a owned whmcs license they want to sell?

Jebus, that was quick...

ofcourse I can see demand for those skyrocketing

• LeeLee Veteran

@raindog308 said:
    Plot twist: he meant "wenches".

Chicks with dicks cost more!

• @GCat said:

@raindog308 said:

GCat said: I laughed when I saw this and "yeah, I saw this one coming"

What else do you see coming?

Hilary Trump 2025

Wall 2018

China invades North Korea 2017

Donald Trump threatens nuclear war too quickly 2017

Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump invade everyones privacy and give the NSA more power than they know what to do with 2017/2018

Brexit fail 2017-2025

Thanked by 1GCat
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:

BTW, I think it's completely hilarious that everyone and his mother has written a VPS control panel, but open source billing systems are few and far between. Even some that start that way turn commercial sometimes.

The problem is the cost isn't worth it for the quality and features, I wrote a billing system I can use right now to replace WHMCS in terms of billing, invoicing, help desk, provisioning, and such but for a few hundred dollars for an owned license there really is nothing else out there that can compete with it. I have a Blesta owned license but it doesn't do what WHMCS does for us.

The billing, help desk, and provisioning part of WHMCS can easily be replaced with a few hours of PHP coding and your favorite energy drink. Unfortunately for a legitimate business that is such a small part of the equation. My dad and I spend more time looking at reports than we do looking at tickets, invoices, clients, and services. I've spent more time creating and running reports than I have building hooks and plugins which is impressive because of how easy it is to create reports and how robust their system is for handling reports.

If WHMCS was simply a "billing system" people would have jumped ship during the "exploit WHMCS" trend, fortunately for business owners it's not just a billing system. Think of WHMCS as "HR-in-a-box" and you'll see why dropping a few hundred dollars is worth it.

Thanked by 2Lee nathanlopez
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Yep, all valid points, I will pay it, there is no viable alternative (although I genuinely do not understand why), but I feel I am entitled to be annoyed that they essentially just took $500 out of my pocket with no other reasoning than 'because we can'

Maybe next year it will go up to $100 p/month for 2000+ clients, then the year after that $1 p/client, and why not, they don't have any natural competition, this is probably just to test the waters.

@AnthonySmith said:
    Yep, all valid points, I will pay it, there is no viable alternative (although I genuinely do not understand why), but I feel I am entitled to be annoyed that they essentially just took $500 out of my pocket with no other reasoning than 'because we can'

Maybe next year it will go up to $100 p/month for 2000+ clients, then the year after that $1 p/client, and why not, they don't have any natural competition, this is probably just to test the waters.

If they start heading into Ubersmith pricing territory then at least there will be competition. :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2016

KuJoe said: If they start heading into Ubersmith pricing territory then at least there will be competition. :)

Does Ubersmith have a supported migration path from WHMCS do you know, they can probably hit 60% of the price of Ubersmith and be just fine.

@AnthonySmith said:

KuJoe said: If they start heading into Ubersmith pricing territory then at least there will be competition. :)

Does Ubersmith have a supported migration path from WHMCS do you know, they can probably hit 60% of the price of Ubersmith and be just fine.

For the amount Ubersmith charges, I'm willing to bet they'll dedicate an engineer to get your clients migrated over.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

AnthonySmith said: Does Ubersmith have a supported migration path from WHMCS

I believe they did in the past.

• Ubersmith good?

• seem the price very expensive, dare not to think on this

• Thank the lord I bought enough owned license. Just for in case. Either way im saving these goldies for later.

Plot twist: "Sorry, we no longer allow transfer of owned licenses. You're welcome to renew maintenance, but we no longer allow transfers."

Thanked by 2hostdare x3host
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2016

@GCat said:

@raindog308 said:

GCat said: I laughed when I saw this and "yeah, I saw this one coming"

What else do you see coming?

Hilary Trump 2025

Wall 2018

China invades North Korea 2017

Donald Trump threatens nuclear war too quickly 2017

Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump invade everyones privacy and give the NSA more power than they know what to do with 2017/2018

Pft.

2017 - Trump sells some of the USA's population to pay back debt to China

2018 - North Korea congratulates the USA and threatens to send "birthday" warheads

2018/19 - North Korea is no longer on the map

2019/20 - China declares war against the USA in support of communism and the regime

2021 - WWIII

• @raindog308
    Who said about transfer? More like renting them monthly :p to people using 1000+ users

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • end up monthly license and owned license will have similar fee. Last month when I submit ticket without pay the queue up fee, the response and resolution time still acceptable, it took about 1 hours.

my ticket was summited yesterday, they took almost 12 hours to reply me, and after my immediate reply until now no more response. already over 15hours.

They may delay the response time to force you pay the queue up fee.

• @raindog308 said:
    Plot twist: "Sorry, we no longer allow transfer of owned licenses. You're welcome to renew maintenance, but we no longer allow transfers."

I'm sure that is coming hence why I am trying to find a owned license now instead of later.

In any case I can guarantee this 100% that in the near future they will stop offering updates to owned licenses as a way to force people to their monthly billing packages or force people to have older/unsupported versions.

• LeeLee Veteran

zafouhar said: I can guarantee this 100% that in the near future they will stop offering updates to owned licenses as a way to force people to their monthly billing packages or force people to have older/unsupported versions.

That's not how they work, the owned licences will be fine forever more. The support package to keep it updated however will increase in price beyond a value that makes having an owned licence uneconomical.

• There are many developers here why not support boxbilling, its open-source. I Already use it