Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedibox limited available ! - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedibox limited available !

Comments

• @partymonger said:
    What is the speed of the 1TB harddisk vs SSD on the atom server ? I see SSd speeds of around 165MBps but nothing on the Harddisk version

once again

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU  C2750  @ 2.40GHz
    CPU Cores       : 8
    Memory          : 7970 MB
    Uptime          : 2 days, 19:35,

OS              : Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 4.4.0-38-generic

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        84.4MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          17.7MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       6.50MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       10.8MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       10.1MB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       14.0MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          9.22MB/s
    Singapore               Softlayer       6.23MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         76.4MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        101MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 104 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 104 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 106 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 104.667 MB/s

• partymongerpartymonger Member
    edited September 2016

@mycosys said:

@partymonger said:
    What is the speed of the 1TB harddisk vs SSD on the atom server ? I see SSd speeds of around 165MBps but nothing on the Harddisk version

once again

Thanks mate! So only 1/3 slower than the SSD. Interesting. I guess the I/o and response would be much higher in the ssd.

• Ssd 150us vs hdd 1ms.

Tested on Ubuntu fresh instal with ioping

• Dedibox Limited 23816 is gone!!!

• @mtsbatalha said:
    Dedibox Limited 23816 is gone!!!

It was an over-rated 'deal' without SSDs as an option. What a waste of a perfectly good CPU and network!

• @mycosys said:

@zhuanyi said:
    what do people use for the Avotons + SSD config?

They are faster than i3s in multithreaded workloads so they are nowhere near as slow as you think.

Now I am tempted :)

• OMG!!! It's gone, it's gone. What can I do now...I really need a 23816, can I buy it from somebody for "el mucho dollaros"????? I'm of course not validated and I can only pay with stones.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@myhken said:
    OMG!!! It's gone, it's gone. What can I do now...I really need a 23816, can I buy it from somebody for "el mucho dollaros"????? I'm of course not validated and I can only pay with stones.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • Regarding the IP block. I'm still waiting for a quote from their sales team but as I expected you need to be on their business level support. Might be worth it though depending on additional setup fees.

Thanked by 2Falzo MikePT
  • Where are the servers located? Anyone got a test ip for ping?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Saragoldfarb said:
    Regarding the IP block. I'm still waiting for a quote from their sales team but as I expected you need to be on their business level support. Might be worth it though depending on additional setup fees.

Yep, I'd appreciate their answer. Thank you so much Sara

• Hello guys,
    Do you can explain me about bandwidth for this limited ones?
    Seems that there is a very very fair usage, right?

• Dedibox Limited 23816 is on again 42 in stock.

• @mtsbatalha said:
    Dedibox Limited 23816 is on again 42 in stock.

Interesting - maybe we will see some other models as well ;)

• @Spacedust said:

@mtsbatalha said:
    Dedibox Limited 23816 is on again 42 in stock.

Interesting - maybe we will see some other models as well ;)

Would be great!

• Hello I got this answer about bandwidth for limited ones:

Thanked by 2BeardyUnixGuy layfon
  • lusirhelusirhe Member
    edited September 2016

"By default your bw is 100 mb since you don't have a defined guarantee bandwidth"

Hahahahaha, that is a funny phrase! Gotta love online. \o/

• Look this:
    It's very very funny.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2016

Those clowns. Why can't they just write something like:

You have 100 Mbps guaranteed. Everything above up to 1 Gbps is depending on luck and possible congestion. If you go above 100 Mbps for X amount of time, then mikmak will come to your house to kick your balls and charge for a bandwidth upgrade.

That would still sound stupid, but at least contains some useful information.

Thanked by 2lbft BeardyUnixGuy
  • @Amitz said:
    Why can't they just write something like:

You have 100 Mbps guaranteed. Everything above up to 1 Gbps is depending on luck and possible congestion. If you go above 100 Mbps for X amount of time, then mikmak will come to your house to kick your balls and charge for a bandwidth upgrade.
    Vous Branleur!

corrected that for you ;-)

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Thanks @mtsbatalha for pasting those official responses and saving me from myself. For a while, I've feared that I would do an impulse-buy of one of those special offers.

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • fanfan Veteran

Now I'm looking forward to online.net's future revenge offer after getting defeated by OVH/Kimsufi, last time when their specials came out, they went out of stock really quick.

• just wondering when online.net creates bill for next month like now for october and how much time do we have to pay it if selected card payment is failed ?

• @jackpison said:
    just wondering when online.net creates bill for next month like now for october and how much time do we have to pay it if selected card payment is failed ?

I see my invoice always at the first business day of the month.

But I pay via direct debit, so they'll simply charge my bank account afterwards which happens to be around a week later.

can't tell how they handle cards and what happens if a payment fails as I use to pay my invoices or at least have enough money in account for regular charges. ;-)

• You will get something like this then:

`Subject : Your payment for transaction #XXXXXX has been rejected

Dear Sir or Madam,

We notify you that the payment of the transaction #XXXXXX has been rejected.
    `

We draw your attention on the fact that, if your invoice is not paid within 8 days, your services will be locked and terminated.

• I have to say, this offering from Online.net isn't as strong as that OVH one.

This limited offering pretty much sucked....

Thanked by 1Tom
  • I honestly regret getting a 23816(2x2TB E3). I do like the 43816(Avoton 120GB SSD) though.

• LeeLee Veteran

PirateHitman said: This limited offering pretty much sucked....

Just because it may not be good for you does not mean everyone else feels the same. Not everyone needed that OVH for €40 when a good €10 one is fine.

Thanked by 2sin justscheduled
  • sinsin Member
    edited October 2016

@PirateHitman said:
    I have to say, this offering from Online.net isn't as strong as that OVH one.

This limited offering pretty much sucked....

I'm very happy with the Online.net Dedibox Limited 43816 that I got for 10.99! Even got a 160gb SSD instead of the 120gb.

• how does this compare to KS-2E deal from Kimsufi (7.99 euro/month)? I'm contemplating getting the 1x1tb Dedibox for personal use