Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedibox limited available ! - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedibox limited available !

167891012»

Comments

• IamIam Member

Spacedust said: But which model ? The slowest model now is Dedibox XC 2015. We might also see something faster like Dedibox Classic 2015. Some Xeon E3 with SSD's would be good like this one: https://documentation.online.net/en/dedicated-server/offers/2014/server-dedibox-md-2014

For how much?

• Really wish I'd grabbed one of these. I didn't start dedi shopping until just after they ran out, and now I can't find anything comparable!

• hzrhzr Member

slavetothesound said: Really wish I'd grabbed one of these. I didn't start dedi shopping until just after they ran out, and now I can't find anything comparable!

There's ikoula for 10 eur with a bit more disk on offers section right now if you want that.

• They still have sc gen2 with 500gb sshd.
    Just hope they will rent for 1.99 euro

• edited October 2016

@hzr said:

slavetothesound said: Really wish I'd grabbed one of these. I didn't start dedi shopping until just after they ran out, and now I can't find anything comparable!

There's ikoula for 10 eur with a bit more disk on offers section right now if you want that.

It's just shy on my desired passmark score. I want to run a seedbox(light use private trackers)/plex server streaming from amazon cloud drive (might need occassionaly do on the fly transcoding, so need about 3000 passmark for that), plus a few VMs to host some services and nodejs projects I'm working on (those IPs are extra expensive at ikoula!) A c2750 with an SSD and 4 extra IPs sounds PERFECT! I'm hoping they come back again.

Otherwise the best I see right now is about 300/yr (~$50 more) for a delimiter dual (old) xeon with /29. No SSD option, and I have to buy a full year up front, but maybe a server in the US (I live in western US) would be better for streaming plex from anyway, especially if I'm using ACD for storage..

• SpacedustSpacedust Member
    edited October 2016

You can get 4 different drives in that SSD model:

Intel 320 Series 120 GB SATA2
    Dell Intel DC S3500 160 GB SATA2
    Samsung PM871 128 GB SATA3
    Seagate 600 Series Enterprise 240 GB SATA3

I'm cancelling one of these with Dell drive.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • LunicsLunics Member
    edited October 2016

I have a Dedibox Limited 33816 (1TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 7200rpm HDD). I noticed that I need less space than I thought. I'd like to trade with someone who has the Dedibox Limited 43816 (same machine, but 120GB SSD). Is it possible, i.e. is online.net OK with that? Is anyone interested who is running out of space on his/her SSD? Ideally one with more than 128GB space...

• Update: I asked online.net and got this response:

"Unfortunately we can not move services from one account to another account."

• I got one unused with 160 GB drive and it will be cancelled at the end of this month. I'm sure they will offer these again on Black Friday.

• Have they done Black friday deals in the past? It's not a big thing in Europe.

• @Lunics said:

They do with kidechire in the past

• There were a nice one last year for just 19,99 Euro with 2x 450 GB SAS drives and Xeon E3 + 16 GB RAM.

• @Spacedust said:
    There were a nice one last year for just 19,99 Euro with 2x 450 GB SAS drives and Xeon E3 + 16 GB RAM.

You're talking about Online.net Dedibox Limited Edition 1215 machines I think. But they were not Black Friday/Cybor Monday offers. They were released along with Limited Edition 1115 boxes

• what was the price of these servers?

• @nobizzle said:
    what was the price of these servers?

I have made the same question in PM for @Spacedust and he have answer me:

"Pricing was 19,99 Euro for both - it happened on Black Friday, it's always different each year, in 2016 it's the 25th November."

• Seems like its over. Any idea when its coming back or other similar offers?

• @partymonger said:
    Seems like its over. Any idea when its coming back or other similar offers?

Are you stupid or something? Of course it's over, for several months. And have you used some time to read the latest posts, there people discuss what you are asking about????
    Of course not.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • Just wait till Black Friday. The XC 2015 is no longer being sold and all machines that are unsold or were cancelled by the customers are simply waiting idle so they must do something with them.

• @myhken said:

@partymonger said:
    Seems like its over. Any idea when its coming back or other similar offers?

Are you stupid or something? Of course it's over, for several months. And have you used some time to read the latest posts, there people discuss what you are asking about????
    Of course not.

Takes some popcorn and watches you rant in amusement

• partymongerpartymonger Member
    edited November 2016

@Spacedust said:
    Just wait till Black Friday. The XC 2015 is no longer being sold and all machines that are unsold or were cancelled by the customers are simply waiting idle so they must do something with them.

Thanks mate. Waiting for something good. I was about to buy them when they just stopped the offer. Thought they'd add more in sometime or maybe come back with different offers, but no :(

• @myhken I flagged your post (i consider the tone inappropriate for a friendly discussion forum), however it appears the flagging feature is broken.

Thanked by 1partymonger
  • SpacedustSpacedust Member
    edited November 2016

I also thought it would last a bit longer because there was still a lot of quantity. It lasted exactly 14 days this time. I've cancelled one of my limited boxes and it's IP says - server in rescue mode so it was erased and waiting to be sold.

They simply cannot dissaemble these SuperMicro blades when some part of them is being rented ;)

• Cpt_BenCpt_Ben Member
    edited November 2016

Is anybody interested in having an outsourced Dedibox Limited 33816 (1 TB HDD)? (I have one spare)