Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedibox limited available ! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedibox limited available !

Comments

• Some more fio (latest release version 2.14) IO benchmark ballpark #s (for the Intel DC3500 ssd on the avoton special) :

38000 read IOPS on a 100% Random 4k Read-only workload.

36000 read IOPS on a 95/5 Random 4k Read/write workload.

27000/9000 read/write IOPS on a 75/25 Random 4k Read/write workload.

32000 write IOPS on a 100% Random 4k WRITE-only workload.

The 8GB test data file was generated from /dev/urandom, if it actually matters.

Now to LOG every damn event in the universe and write it to this disk real-time.

• @vimalware said:
    Now to LOG every damn event in the universe and write it to this disk real-time.

Are you part of GCHQ?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Fuck it I ordered one, my lowend will is not strong enough. Total came to € 1.47 and delivered in about 15 seconds.

• @sin said:
    Fuck it I ordered one, my lowend will is not strong enough. Total came to € 1.47 and delivered in about 15 seconds.

But then you will have to pay the full price for another month ;)

Thanked by 1sin
  • @Spacedust said:

@sin said:
    Fuck it I ordered one, my lowend will is not strong enough. Total came to € 1.47 and delivered in about 15 seconds.

But then you will have to pay the full price for another month ;)

Yeah, I just canceled a 8.99/month Dedibox (before the 20th!) this past month and had started to use Scaleway but this 10.99 limited edition box seemed like a really good deal for my needs.

• To those folks in the U.S., is anyone going to use theirs for hosting content or just for seedboxes? My impulse-control was low and I got the 1230v3 (which turned out to be a 1231v3). I am just trying to figure out if keeping it might be worthwhile.

• 网络限速,没性比价

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2016

@Lsnmx1024 said:
    网络限速,没性比价

Please kindly provide a google translation at least the next time.

Thanked by 3tarasis elflord netomx
  • Lsnmx1024 said: 网络限速,没性比价

"Network speed, no sexual parity"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thanked by 3Amitz elflord netomx
  • Ehhm. Yes...

• @Lsnmx1024 said:
    网络限速,没性比价

No Guarantee Bandwidth, Poor Price Ratio.

Thanked by 2tarasis Amitz
  • edited September 2016

`[root@sd-79768 ~]# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    Benchmark started on Tue Sep 27 14:43:29 CEST 2016
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info

Processor : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C2750 @ 2.40GHz
    CPU Cores : 8
    Frequency : 1200.000 MHz
    Memory : 7809 MB
    Swap : MB
    Uptime : 8 min,

Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel : 3.10.0-327.36.1.el7.x86_64
    Hostname : sd-79768

Speedtest (IPv4 only)

Your public IPv4 is 62.210.105.242

Location Provider Speed
    CDN Cachefly 102MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US Coloat 15.3MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US Softlayer 9.76MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US Softlayer 10.3MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US Softlayer 10.1MB/s
    Washington, DC, US Softlayer 17.9MB/s

Tokyo, Japan Linode 7.67MB/s
    Singapore Softlayer 6.07MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands id3.net 62.3MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands Leaseweb 24.0MB/s

Disk Speed

I/O (1st run) : 154 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run) : 155 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run) : 155 MB/s
    Average I/O : 154.667 MB/s
    `

• ShigawireShigawire Member
    edited September 2016

Is there anything wrong with hosting stuff on it? I mean, it's server hardware, you can make a RAID, it has got a 99,9% SLA and a GBit-Interface. Compared to a Kimsufi this is pure sex.

Thanked by 1quicksilver03
  • JunklessJunkless Member
    edited September 2016

@Shigawire said:
    Is there anything wrong with hosting stuff on it? I mean, it's server hardware, you can make a RAID, it has got a *99,9% * SLA and a GBit-Interface. Compared to a Kimsufi this is pure sex.

99.5% to be precise, if I am not wrong.

• @Shigawire said:
    Is there anything wrong with hosting stuff on it? I mean, it's server hardware, you can make a RAID, it has got a 99,9% SLA and a GBit-Interface. Compared to a Kimsufi this is pure sex.

Sorry, I might not have been clear. I am referring to hosting content for an audience in the U.S. from a server in France.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Junkless said:

@Shigawire said:
    Is there anything wrong with hosting stuff on it? I mean, it's server hardware, you can make a RAID, it has got a *99,9% * SLA and a GBit-Interface. Compared to a Kimsufi this is pure sex.

Well, its 24.99 + TAX, the 2x1TB is not a deal.

But compared to KS-Flash Deals its also crap, since the KS4C costs 10,99+ VAT.

Comes with 6k CPU Bench, 100Mbit flat, 2TB Drive. And even when you got Gbit, you can only Spike not use it 100%, my Hetzner can use 1Gbit for days and more.

The only Deal for me is, the Atom with 160GB SSD for 10.99+ VAT.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited September 2016

@Lsnmx1024 said:

@mycosys said:

@Lsnmx1024 said:

myhken said: what ever. I don't use time to translate the shit you are writing.

哈哈,随便你,反正无视你!
    PS:这素质,管理自己看吧!

@Lsnmx1024 said:

myhken said: how stupid can you be then? Start writing in English, everybody else is doing that.

也不见得你有多高明!无视你~~~~~~

given your iq is clearly lower than your age, which is clearly small, i would not be boasting

PS: This quality management for yourself!

Stop your stupid trashing please.

As someone who can understand what you are saying, I feel bad for your EQ, may be instead of sitting in front of a computer, you should try to go out and talk to people.

Don't be a social retard, this rule applies whether you are Chinese or American or white or black.

And if English is too hard for you, my suggestions are:

1. Pay more attention in school (or go to one if you don't), students who went to proper school education in China start to learn how to speak English as early as Primary 5.

2. Learn how to respect others, it doesn't matter what your origin is, you need to respect others before you expect others to respect you

3. Visit Hostloc, you might find more friends there

4. If you are buddy with @ones, feel free to explain the same to him too

• jxdyzxjxdyzx Member
    edited September 2016

@rm_ said:

Lsnmx1024 said: 好好看清楚 10.99 € 的都没有标示出带宽保证,24.99 € 29.99 € 的仅仅是保证100M

Look, we don't come to your Chinese forums to post in English, so could you stop doing this here?

I am really sorry for my sibling's impolite behavior, maybe he is just a pupil and cannot use English well.
    ╮(╯_╰)╭

Thanked by 1thatix
  • Back on topic, what do you guys use Avotons (or in general Atoms) with SSD? My understanding is generally Atoms are used as storage servers, however would it make more sense to have HDD for larger disk space?

Unless these Avotons could be functioning as a webserver as well?

• @zhuanyi said:

@Lsnmx1024 said:

@mycosys said:

@Lsnmx1024 said:

myhken said: what ever. I don't use time to translate the shit you are writing.

哈哈,随便你,反正无视你!
    PS:这素质,管理自己看吧!

@Lsnmx1024 said:

myhken said: how stupid can you be then? Start writing in English, everybody else is doing that.

也不见得你有多高明!无视你~~~~~~

given your iq is clearly lower than your age, which is clearly small, i would not be boasting

PS: This quality management for yourself!

Stop your stupid trashing please.

As someone who can understand what you are saying, I feel bad for your EQ, may be instead of sitting in front of a computer, you should try to go out and talk to people.

Don't be a social retard, this rule applies whether you are Chinese or American or white or black.

And if English is too hard for you, my suggestions are:

1. Pay more attention in school (or go to one if you don't), students who went to proper school education in China start to learn how to speak English as early as Primary 5.

2. Learn how to respect others, it doesn't matter what your origin is, you need to respect others before you expect others to respect you

3. Visit Hostloc, you might find more friends there

4. If you are buddy with @ones, feel free to explain the same to him too

I am really sorry for my sibling's impolite behavior, maybe he is just a pupil and cannot use English well. ╮(╯_╰)╭

• SpacedustSpacedust Member
    edited September 2016

2x160 GB SSD instead of 2x1 TB HDD would be nice ;)

• ManofServerManofServer Member
    edited September 2016

@zhuanyi said:
    Back on topic, what do you guys use Avotons (or in general Atoms) with SSD? My understanding is generally Atoms are used as storage servers, however would it make more sense to have HDD for larger disk space?

Given that Avotons are not weak CPU's, they score almost 4k in PassMark, have 8 cores which makes them great for threaded apps, combining them with an SSD make them a great web server, especially if your web apps are not storage intensive.

A 20GB Wordpress site hosted on it could get millions of views without a problem, since SSD is great for SQL queries.

You can also use them as a Windows remote desktop, it pretty much flies.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Neoon said:

@Junkless said:

@Shigawire said:

Well, its 24.99 + TAX, the 2x1TB is not a deal.

But compared to KS-Flash Deals its also crap, since the KS4C costs 10,99+ VAT.

Comes with 6k CPU Bench, 100Mbit flat, 2TB Drive. And even when you got Gbit, you can only Spike not use it 100%, my Hetzner can use 1Gbit for days and more.

The only Deal for me is, the Atom with 160GB SSD for 10.99+ VAT.

Well, I am tax exempt here. And I also got two of the KS4C. Basically, Two of the KS4C equal to roughly one Dedibox.
    I also don't really need the 2x2TB. I find it pretty tempting to get get the 2x1TB one.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

ManofServer said: Given that Avotons are not weak CPU's, they score almost 4k in PassMark

But that means each core is only as fast as about 500 score in PassMark, right?

Could you run my quick and dirty "dd" CPU benchmark on the Avoton,

dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=1024 | md5sum
  • @Spacedust said:
    2x160 GB SSD instead of 2x1 TB HDD would be nice ;)

It's the LT 2014

• @rm_ said:

ManofServer said: Given that Avotons are not weak CPU's, they score almost 4k in PassMark

1024+0 records in 1024+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 3.58351 s, 300 MB/s cd573cfaace07e7949bc0c46028904ff -

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited September 2016

@ManofServer said:

@zhuanyi said:
    Back on topic, what do you guys use Avotons (or in general Atoms) with SSD? My understanding is generally Atoms are used as storage servers, however would it make more sense to have HDD for larger disk space?

Given that Avotons are not weak CPU's, they score almost 4k in PassMark, have 8 cores which makes them great for threaded apps, combining them with an SSD make them a great web server, especially if your web apps are not storage intensive.

A 20GB Wordpress site hosted on it could get millions of views without a problem, since SSD is great for SQL queries.

You can also use them as a Windows remote desktop, it pretty much flies.

This ^

8 cores @ 2.4GHz + 160GB SSD ( High IOPS Even at SATA2 limitations) +1GBit port makes for a pretty capable box for hosting a bunch of medium to high traffic wordpress sites, provided the stack gets a fair bit of tuning as well.

@Spacedust said:

@rm_ said:

1024+0 records in 1024+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 3.58351 s, 300 MB/s cd573cfaace07e7949bc0c46028904ff -

Online Dedi with 160GB Dell SSD -

some@thing:~$ dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=1024 | md5sum
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 3.13505 s, 342 MB/s
    cd573cfaace07e7949bc0c46028904ff  -

My Leaseweb 8G VPS for comparison -

[some@thing ~]# dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=1024 | md5sum
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.68646 s, 400 MB/s

My OVH SP-64 Special Dedi with E5-1620 v2 for comparison -

some@thing:~# dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=1024 | md5sum
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 1.79897 s, 597 MB/s

My KS-4c with i5-3570S for comparison -

some@thing:~# dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=1024 | md5sum
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 1.81298 s, 592 MB/s

Not bad, I'd say.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2016

Spacedust said: 300 MB/s

This test mostly uses just one core;
    Atom N2800 = 173 MB/s
    Nano U2250 = 177 MB/s
    i3-2130 = 510 MB/s
    i5-3570S = 623 MB/s

So it's 1.5x as fast as kidechire, but 2x slower than i3/i5.

• @jaypeesmith said:

@Shigawire said:

Sorry, I might not have been clear. I am referring to hosting content for an audience in the U.S. from a server in France.

The majority of my visitors are in the US (as am I) and I have used Scaleway and Online.net (AMS1 and their Paris location) for hosting a lot of my websites that generate income and they have worked fine. I haven't tested out this Limited Edition box yet though.

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@jvnadr said:

Harambe said: Don't care if those reports were true, sticking with that story in my head

Yeah, giving a gigabit line to those budget servers of 12$ per month and having almost always speeds over 400Mbps is really a shit network. Do feel better and stay away from those shitty providers, stick with this story in your head and let the others enjoying this service. Sigh

Fucking Whooosh, at least @Junkless understood it.

Thanked by 1Junkless