Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedibox limited available ! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedibox limited available !

Comments

• Thanks.

And I was wrong, I have 2 of the 3815's, might have switched because of the additional IPs...

• Ugh, I'm slow close to pulling the trigger on the 43816 - someone talk me out of it

• @sin said:
    Ugh, I'm slow close to pulling the trigger on the 43816 - someone talk me out of it

Buy.

• in bios, sata 3 option is enabled. but why my ssd just got 150mbps

• @hawkjohn7 said:
    in bios, sata 3 option is enabled. but why my ssd just got 150mbps

Which model ?

• @Spacedust said:
    Which model ?

Dedibox Limited 43816

see on kvm over ip

• edited September 2016

Not related, but I am limited to SATA 2 speeds (3.0Gb/s) on the Xeon servers, probably due to Dell's custom HDD firmware.

• So there's no setup fee on the 43816 model?

• Tried 2 different Visa cards : Error: An error occured

Fuck off

• FredQc said: Tried 2 different Visa cards : Error: An error occured

Fuck off

Contact support team, i had same problem, but i contacted with support team and they solved it.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jam said:

FredQc said: Tried 2 different Visa cards : Error: An error occured

Fuck off

Contact support team, i had same problem, but i contacted with support team and they solved it.

How did they solve it?

• I had my BOA Debit (Mastercard) refused in the first try too, opened a ticket, the rep said "can you try after I did some adjustments" and the payment went thru after that.

Don't know what/how they do it but it works from their side.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited September 2016

edit:Paging @nekki . <--sorry. that must have been in my draft buffer and got included when commenting on mobile.

@vimalware said:
    Do the E3s come with HWraid card or can we run ZFS RAID1 with direct access?

According to datasheet :PERC S110 OR PERC H310 ?

Someone with these E3 check the BBU (enabled/cache size) ?
    http://betanews.com/2014/09/30/why-is-dell-crippling-its-low-end-server-raid-cards/

• Nice, got myself an avoton one to replace my SC2016. The SC is a little too underpowered for what I'm doing and I don't mind spending 2€ more for something slightly better :)

• @Rodney said:
    Nice, got myself an avoton one to replace my SC2016. The SC is a little too underpowered for what I'm doing and I don't mind spending 2€ more for something slightly better :)

Does anyone use the cheap SC2016 for dedicated 400-600mbit seedbox duty?

My kidechire is probably going to die any day.
    It maxes at little under 300mbit currently due to CPU.

• The issue with these boxes is there isnt a published guaranteed bandwidth. If you call them it's 200mb/s which means if you continually go over that they will call you on it and suspend the account or throttle you to 100mb/s.

• @hawkjohn7 said:

@Spacedust said:
    Which model ?

Dedibox Limited 43816

I was asking about disk model.

• @vimalware said:
    edit:Paging @nekki . <--sorry. that must have been in my draft buffer and got included when commenting on mobile.

Someone with these E3 check the BBU (enabled/cache size) ?
    http://betanews.com/2014/09/30/why-is-dell-crippling-its-low-end-server-raid-cards/

There is no H/W RAID on these.

• I feel so good. I resisted. And it was not even hard this time. The therapy is working! :)

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Amitz said:
    I feel so good. I resisted. And it was not even hard this time. The therapy is working! :)

Shouldn't been too hard to resist if you already got a Kimsufi and/or OVH from the last sales.

• @Amitz said:
    I feel so good. I resisted. And it was not even hard this time. The therapy is working! :)

Resisting the E3 was easy this time. 19.99 would have been TROUBLE.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2016

Tion said: Shouldn't been too hard to resist if you already got a Kimsufi and/or OVH from the last sales.

Pssst. Don't ruin my inner triumph... ;)

@vimalware said:
    Resisting the E3 was easy this time. 19.99 would have been TROUBLE.

Even mentioning that server at that price made me shiver and feel warm. Seems I am not fully cured yet.

• ehabehab Member
    edited September 2016

-- deleted comment

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Amitz said:

Even mentioning that server at that price made me shiver and feel warm. Seems I am not fully cured yet.

I feel better after hearing all the complaints recently about the shit network quality on budget plans. Don't care if those reports were true, sticking with that story in my head.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2016

Harambe said: shit network quality on budget plans

There will always be people who expect the world for a few euros and when they don't get that it must be shit...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • 泥焖褶逼装德氦魅硪屌呢

• Harambe said: Don't care if those reports were true, sticking with that story in my head

Yeah, giving a gigabit line to those budget servers of 12$ per month and having almost always speeds over 400Mbps is really a shit network. Do feel better and stay away from those shitty providers, stick with this story in your head and let the others enjoying this service. Sigh

Thanked by 2Lee netomx
  • JunklessJunkless Member
    edited September 2016

@jvnadr said:

Harambe said: Don't care if those reports were true, sticking with that story in my head

Yeah, giving a gigabit line to those budget servers of 12$ per month and having almost always speeds over 400Mbps is really a shit network. Do feel better and stay away from those shitty providers, stick with this story in your head and let the others enjoying this service. Sigh

He meant that as an excuse to stop himself from getting sucked into this offer.

Thanked by 2Amitz Harambe