Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedibox limited available ! - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedibox limited available !

Comments

• sinsin Member
    edited October 2016

@Spacedust said:

@sin said:
    I'm loving that this has kvm over ip (unlike the SC 2016 I just got rid of), I might try an OpenSUSE Leap install for this :).

Mounting own ISO and booting it is a superb function ;)

Yup! Usually the cheap dedicated servers I rent do not have kvm over ip so it was a nice surprise with this 10.99 one. Thanks again for the heads up about the deal :)

• How many Dedibox 23186 can handle client?

I will use for windows RDP.

• @sin / @Spacedust

So, using an ISO mount and KVM, can BYOL Windows easily be installed on those 8GB RAM dedis? (33816 and 43816)

Or is there anything else (that I'm forgetting) that would prevent them from being nice RDP boxes?

• @tr1cky said:

@stefan_wie said:
    Is DC3 better than DC2?

Nope, for me DC2 was always better.

Funny. It has always been the complete opposite for me while I was with online.net.

• Why some people force some other people to use some language, and force them not to use another language? Is using a specific language a rule of LET? Although English is the de facto language in US, US doesn't even have a law to enforce English as an official language.

Thanked by 1dgprasetya
  • @elgs said:
    Why some people force some other people to use some language, and force them not to use another language? Is using a specific language a rule of LET? Although English is the de facto language in US, US doesn't even have a law to enforce English as an official language.

Will you understand if I speak Indonesian?

Thanked by 1muratai
  • @elgs said:
    Why some people force some other people to use some language, and force them not to use another language? Is using a specific language a rule of LET? Although English is the de facto language in US, US doesn't even have a law to enforce English as an official language.

Kowe reti nek aku ngango boso jowo?

• elgselgs Member
    edited October 2016

@NanoG6 said:

@elgs said:

Will you understand if I speak Indonesian?

I understand very limited Indonesian since I spent about 10 months in Surabaya last year. However, I respect and will protect your rights to speak any language you like in case other people attack you because of what language you speak.

Thanked by 2dgprasetya NanoG6
  • @hawkjohn7 said:

@elgs said:

Kowe reti nek aku ngango boso jowo?

Thanks for the mighty Google translate. I learned that in eastern Java, people speak apa as opo, and jawa as jowo, Surabaya as Suroboyo. I actually learned a little bit of Indonesian and Javanese.

Thanked by 1dgprasetya
  • @paplu said:

Spacedust said: WOW ;) So they exist - finally SATA3. Which drive model ? Can you test hdparm -t /dev/sda ?

hdparm -t /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
    Timing buffered disk reads: 852 MB in 3.00 seconds = 283.80 MB/sec

Is this a Kingston ?

• SpacedustSpacedust Member
    edited October 2016

@hawkjohn7 said:

@paplu said:

look like i'm not lucky as you. just ordered today, and got intel

I got another Intel 160 GB as well ;(

• Just ordered the 33816. I couldn't resist... can't wait to test it.

• @Amitz said:

@tr1cky said:

@stefan_wie said:
    Is DC3 better than DC2?

Nope, for me DC2 was always better.

Funny. It has always been the complete opposite for me while I was with online.net.

Maybe the rack plays the more-important role.

• tr1cky said: Maybe the rack plays the more-important role.

Must be something like this! I was always under the impression to be surrounded by torrent-freaks and DDoS magnets in DC2, while DC3 never caused any bigger problem to me. But in the end, it's most probably the rack and not the DC neighbours.

• Does anyone know if kvm over ip is available with the cheaper ones?
    And do they upload iso images to their nas if you ask via support ticket?

Dedibox Limited 33816
    Dedibox Limited 43816

It's not listed on the details page: https://www.online.net/de/dedizierter-server/dedibox-limited43816

Thanks for your help.

• KVM is available for these cheaper ones. Real SuperMicro KVM not TTY console.

• sinsin Member

plueschopath said: Dedibox Limited 43816

That's the one I have and it does have kvm over ip - works great and the server rocks.

• Anyone can confirm what SATA type 2 or 3 for Dedibox Limited 23816 ?

Thanks

• ebonyebony Member
    edited October 2016

@plueschopath said:
    Does anyone know if kvm over ip is available with the cheaper ones?
    And do they upload iso images to their nas if you ask via support ticket?

Dedibox Limited 33816
    Dedibox Limited 43816

It's not listed on the details page: https://www.online.net/de/dedizierter-server/dedibox-limited43816

Thanks for your help.

ISO @ https://virtualmedia.online.net its xc for mounting on them servers

• @ahokk said:
    Anyone can confirm what SATA type 2 or 3 for Dedibox Limited 23816 ?

Thanks

SATA3

Thanked by 1ahokk
  • I just got my setup fee refund - really nice ;)

• Grabbed one to play around with.

edited October 2016

All servers gone ;(

• That caught me out, had to go away for five days and came back to the offer being done. Hopefully I'll get to take advantage of the next one.

• blackfriday, hope kidechire will out

edited October 2016

@hawkjohn7 said:
    blackfriday, hope kidechire will out

There were plenty of these server left, but this offer ended exactly after 14 days. We might see them again soon.

It seems some lucky ones in Dedibox Limited 43816 got Seagate 600 Pro Series ST240FN0021 2.5" 240GB SATA III MLC Enterprise class SSD with 520 MB/s reads and 400MB/s writes.

• Spacedust said: There were plenty of these server left, but this offer ended exactly after 14 days. We might see them again soon.

Nope. online.net has declared that kidechire is EOL, they may even do not have replacement parts if something will broke.

• At least, i want see dedicated wuth 1.99euro again.

• @hawkjohn7 said:
    At least, i want see dedicated wuth 1.99euro again.

But which model ? The slowest model now is Dedibox XC 2015. We might also see something faster like Dedibox Classic 2015. Some Xeon E3 with SSD's would be good like this one: https://documentation.online.net/en/dedicated-server/offers/2014/server-dedibox-md-2014

• hzrhzr Member

why did i buy this? i don't even need it wtf