Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ShoveHost (Market Research) - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ShoveHost (Market Research)

Comments

• @pubcrawler said: One review per user is fairly common on many review sites across all industries. Often companies run contests/promos for reviews.

That is why I trust WHT reviews more than Serchen, to me, the way Serchen works is almost guaranteed to cause abuse/fake reviews because no one is verifying the authenticity of those reviews.

• Damnit @RobertClarke. Shouldn't you be in school or something?

• Agree +1 @zhuanyi

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Could you verify that those are true reviews by asking one of your clients to do a video review? That would be really great of you :)

Was there a host on LET did this before?

• @zhuanyi said: Was there a host on LET did this before?

Ssssssht you are ruining the fun :(

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Ssssssht you are ruining the fun :(

Arghhh....sorry....

I got a better idea lol...if someone wants to set a ShoveNose Hosting on Serchen I'd be happy to send in a 5 star review of the "company" :)

• 3:41PM shoveceo said "I think somebody just hacked our website."
    3:46PM shoveceo said "No customer data was stolen. MySQL service simply crashed, could have been anything."

5 minutes isn't enough time to do a proper security inspection of your system after a potential breach... //facepalm for the 1,875th time in a shoveceo thread.

shoveceo "I'm going to fix my WHMCS by not running it as root."

If you know you have a security vulnerability don't announce the fact on a public forum before you fix the problem. //facepalm for the 1,876th time in a shoveceo thread.

asking one of your clients to do a video review?

that could backfire like it did for this host :P

• @Toadyus said: You lost all credibility when you said OVH was a creditable company to use as a server provider.

To be fair, it's perfectly fine for a personal host. What it's HORRIBLE for is as a product to be chopped up and auctioned off.

• FreekFreek Member
    edited March 2013

@shovenose said: Why haven't you tried ShoveHost?

Because your company is a dime in a dozen. You have no niche whatsoever. It's just another LEB host in the USA. What else is new?
    Also, it looks like a pump and dump "company". You don't even have a proper website. It's down now again, but I remember it being just a basic WHMCS template. Your company name is childish and so are your replies towards other members and hosts if I read through this topic. If you can't handle criticism, don't ask for it. @RobertClarke is about the same age as you are, if the 'intel' I got is correct, but acts way more mature than you do. I see you asking for just above basic stuff here in the forum but you still claim that you have a whole team of engineers that manage your nodes... That doesn't fly with me.
    P.S. Copy-Pasting stuff from others and then writing your own name beneath it, is plagiarism in the academic world. If you copied this exact same startpost from another host, at least mention it.

@shovenose said: fixed it already....I rebooted the server.

That's not fixing.

• ^ Ouchie!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@pubcrawler said: Shouldn't you be in school or something?

In many parts of the US, this week is spring break.

I'm surprised there weren't a bunch of hosting companies started this week. Summer Hosts on internet time.

@Freek said: Your company name is childish

Thank you.

• Spring break hosts... Oh gosh.

The "holiday" hosting industry hasn't reared its head around here in a while.. Or at least I haven't noticed.

• wdqwdq Member

@shovenose said: Why haven't you tried ShoveHost?

To be honest I didn't even know that ShoveHost even existed before this thread. I have however seen you on here being active.

After reading through this thread I don't see myself getting a VPS from you guys. There are just so many other better hosts that I could go with that cost the same if not even cheaper.

Once you know how to run a business on the business side of things, on the hardware side of things, and on the client/marketing side of things it really comes down to being unique. Having something that really makes you stand out in a good way. But after reading through here I really doubt that you have a lot of the skills needed to begin with.

On a side note: I prefer nano as well. I can use vim if I need to but 99% of the time nano can be used without any problems.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Spring break is next week.

• FreekFreek Member

@raindog308 said: Thank you.

Even more childish from a non-native English speaker's point of view.
    It makes me think of Shovels. That's not what I should be thinking about when I am looking for hosting.

• FreekFreek Member

@shovenose said: Spring break is next week.

Great. Use your free time to improve your business given the criticism in this thread.

Good luck!

• And @shovenose is copying GetKVM's TOS?

Shovehost: https://shovehost.com/terms.php

GetKVM: http://getkvm.com/policies/terms-of-service.pdf

Screenshot taken if anyone needs it for future reference

• @Freek, not a fan of the Shove-brand naming. Certainly detracts overall.

• FreekFreek Member

@shovenose after posting this topic

• So let me get this straight so far:

1. You saw Node Deploys thread
    2. You copied it word for word and used find/replace shovenose to put in
    3. You ignore any type of serious criticism
    4. You report your website hacked
    5. You claim to have fixed it by rebooting it?
    6. You performed the worlds fastest security audit
    7. You think someone could possibly be jealous of what you are?
  • FreekFreek Member

@alterarch said: So let me get this straight so far

Congratulations, you proceed to the finals!

@shovenose said: Spring break is next week.

Here in my city, our schools have spring break this week.

I know...quite a mind-blower that there is a whole world outside your bedroom.

• Ohhh...damn, and I was spending a whole evening trying to write my own TOS, thanks for the site.

• wdqwdq Member

@raindog308 said: Here in my city, our schools have spring break this week.

In my city the public schools had spring break two weeks ago while the university had spring break last week.

Even more mind blowing. I know.

• Ohhh...damn, and I was spending a whole evening trying to write my own TOS, thanks for the site.

Do you happen to have a Privacy Policy generator too?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@zhuanyi it includes that too

• @shovenose said: @zhuanyi it includes that too

Thank you.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2013

http://www.webmasters-cavern.com/tools/tosgen/

Legit. That's what ours is based on :)

Cheaper to get a legal opinion than a whole write up.