Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ShoveHost (Market Research) - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ShoveHost (Market Research)

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@Mun I've read each response carefully.

• NickkNickk Member

@shovenose said: Why haven't you tried ShoveHost?

Because you are a little shit who copies threads word for word. Why did you even do this?

• @Connor said: Maybe ShoveHost should consider a name change?

Absolutely! Shovehost/nose really doesn't sound good for a vps provider.

Why haven't you tried ShoveHost?

1. Because I first noticed shovehost when you gave up your canadian location completely. I wouldn't mind being moved from one canadian dc to another, but being moved from canada to us is nothing that would satisfy me -> first bad impression.

2. Because you're asking your potential customers here on LET how to oversell your ressources the right way. If I was a gas station operator I wouldn't ask the people stopping by how I could put as much air/water/whatever in the tank as I can. Same for every other business, that's just a thing you have to figure yourself or through the experience of people you know and trust, that's business..

3. Because you don't seem mature enough to run a business, your comments here at least state this. You can't open a "worst provider thread" here especially not as a provider..many other nonreflective comments here on LET as well.

4. Simply because of your location, I'm not interested in any us vps for any price.

My advice: Go on as you do now, close down in one year completely. THINK about everything that has happened and then just forget shovenose/shovehost and start with a new name/nick/everything. You are a lucky guy everyone here at least tells you about your mistakes, keeping silent would probably be a thousand times worse for you.

• @shovenose said: This Randy guy sounds like a much ruder, less ethical shovenose.

Hopefully I can turn that around and make that not be the case.

Is that actually the case? I remember @Randy was a pretty friendly guy but just had no idea how to get a genuine Windows key properly, LOL :)

• Good to see folks aren't continuing to shove :)

I hate closed threads. Worst idea in my mind.

We should keep this open and allow it to be bumped when as needed.

Surely was an attention magnet over the past day...

• @zhuanyi said: I remember @Randy was a pretty friendly guy but just had no idea how to get a genuine Windows key properly, LOL :)

Except vs @DewlanceVPS

• Shovenose, with your anti-DDoS 4 Nginx model... please consult with others using Cloudflare... Even the $20/mo plan. Try it, see if it works, save your time and energy.. Roll your own later with time + knowledge...

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@pubcrawler Yeah, I think he got the point after an entire day's worth of shoving.

edited March 2013

I like CloudFlare but it was down more than the site itself.

@shovenose You could shove an Nginx reverse proxy in front of it.

• answer to all of the questions:

never heard of it

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@shovenose their business plan has a 100% uptime sla

@Fliphost Do they auto-credit?

• I hate sharks.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@RobertClarke I honestly couldn't say

• @RobertClarke said: @Fliphost Do they auto-credit?

I doubt it, most hosts don't.

• Oh...that one was a classic :)

• Hey Shove only uses autboot with MySQL.

@pubcrawler ShoveBoot

• :) Sorry @shovenose. Couldn't resist the MySQL reboot.

Well, on my Debian VPS MySQL kept crashing, so we run a Cron every minute to start it if it's not started.

• @shovenose said: so we run a Cron every minute to start it if it's not started.

... Shouldn't you check why its crashing instead of patching it up like... well... virtual tape?

• You need to look at the MySQL logs @shovenose. MySQL works real well. Haven't had a crash in years and we push millions of queries a day at ours.

• @HalfEatenPie:

I call that CRON-DUCT-TAPE.

• @pubcrawler said: I call that CRON-DUCT-TAPE.

I call it a facepalm. Seriously what's up with these recent influxes of just users and providers alike that don't know how to fix things or Google?

• Unsure why the site attracts the stary eyed day dreamers.

Hell, I have way too many years of business under my belt. More years than the average users age. Yet, I won't jump into these shark infested waters as a provider.

Search is alright, but we need a set of books for newbs.

• @HalfEatenPie - I guess Google started idexing us high for the ordinary simple usa people ;-)

The dumb people in the usa are just ignorant, arrogant and shit talking by definition I guess

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited March 2013

@pubcrawler said: Search is alright, but we need a set of books for newbs.

I highly doubt a set of books for newbs would be really helpful especially since most of them will go "tl;dr" and then start posting on the forum.

Honestly though, I'd be interested in knowing more about your years of business (if you don't mind me asking).

@BronzeByte said: I guess Google started idexing us high for the ordinary simple usa people ;-)

Hey now. Relax.

• Ordinary USA people don't like servers or even know what any of this is.

They love football, NASCAR, smoking pot and watching "reality" on TV. That's when they aren't grazing like cows.

• @shovenose said: Well, on my Debian VPS MySQL kept crashing, so we run a Cron every minute to start it if it's not started.

One can't make this stuff up