Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ShoveHost (Market Research) - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ShoveHost (Market Research)

Comments

• @titanicsaled said: @liamwithers said: @jhadley said: Technical incompetence

Poor English
    Terrible website
    Poor attitude
    General lack of thought

Yush.

• SyedSyed Member

I think you should stick with hosting technically inept people(local businesses), anybody with any technical knowledge of any sort would NEVER host with you.

That just about sums it all up.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

Market research gone wrong, very wrong.

• @RobertClarke said: Market research gone wrong, very wrong.

@shovenose will now analyze all feedback and make his hosting better :)

• Be nice Robert.

Newbs must learn. I think Shove is genuine in his questions and will learn from this some.

@pubcrawler Valid point, I digress.

• As much as I understand people disliking shovenose as host as well as a person, I find it rather ridiculous that some of the people in here bashing are no better themselves. LET & LEB have become saturated with crap providers simply looking for a quick buck, there is a handful of providers who are still taking pride in what they do and the services they offer. Summerhosts from left to right, 15-year old CEO's & CTO's of fictitious 'companies' that do nothing other than pester on the community. This has been going on for years and years now, but it is not until recently I noticed how apparent it has become. Thank you for reminding me.

And as they say; Never shit on your own doorstep.

• @RobertClarke said: Market research gone wrong, very wrong.

shovemarketresearch.com

Go!

• @blergh_ said: And as they say; Never shit on your own doorstep.

Here I thought it was.....

From the movie Payback (1999):
    Carter: There's an old expression that's served me well: "Do not shit where you eat."

• You know @TheLinuxBug, that manure and urine are both excellent and common soil amendments. Absent those, most soil would be depleted and dead and probably wouldn't grow food.

• gaaraigaarai Member
    edited March 2013

As a relative newcomer and mostly lurker, I'll throw in my two cents.

Since I've joined this community, I've thrown a bit of coin at numerous providers as I'm having a lot of fun playing around with the different configurations (from ULEB's to "this makes top-end hosting of a few years ago look slow and pathetic"). I've seen numerous ads from you @shovenose, but I've never purchased any of your plans to try things out.

I think the main thing is the way you get hostile (or at least come off as very hostile) whenever you read something you don't like. So, in the back of my mind, I have to imagine sending a ticket to you and getting responses back that are full of swearing and being ticked off at me because you didn't like one of the words I used or you thought that I was trying to dig at you rather than get a legitimate issue taken care of. Frankly, that's something that I'm not willing to tolerate. I'd rather pay more money to host with someone that I'm not leery about sending tickets to.

Even if I put that aside, the brazen way you show your lack of knowledge makes me think that either your having a good laugh trolling us or are in way above your head and just simply don't realize it. If you simply got some servers to play around with as a hobby and host some sites for yourself and some mates, that would be one thing, but I simply cannot see you as a serious business owner. I agree with others that I feel like you are going to get bitten hard one day, and it's not going to be pretty.

And please don't offer me a trial account. I don't care if you have the most solid benches out of any of the other hosts here. I don't care if your iops are sick and you can somehow offer double the resources of the other providers for the same price.

That really doesn't matter.

I want to know if I can trust my data with you. I want to know if I can trust my sites with you. I want to know if I can feel good at the end of the day knowing that I've sent you money. Frankly, I simply don't get any of that from you. It's a trust issue.

I'll rephrase what some of the others have said:

Step 1) Work on your attitude. When people feel that you've wasted their time, they give up on you. Make sure that you show appreciation when people offer their help, even if they say things that you don't like.

Step 2) Calm down, take stock of what you have, focus, and iteratively get better at what you are doing right this very moment without trying to spread out to cover all the bases at once.

Step 3) Learn to stand on your own. Far too often I've seen you do the "me too" thing. Stop that. The number one reason that small businesses fail (and a vast majority of them do fail very quickly) is that they try to grow too quickly and don't focus. You may want to be the master of all trades, but no one is that. Target one thing (such as simple, no frills, stable LEB-style VPS hosting) and master it. This will build your reputation and start to develop respect from your colleagues, something you are sorely missing right now.

Step 4) Profit.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@gaarai Thank you for your feedback. I truly appreciate it.

• @NHRoel: Parks and Rec is a great TV show. My roommate got me to watch it a year or so ago.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@HalfEatenPie said: @NHRoel: Parks and Rec is a great TV show. My roommate got me to watch it a year or so ago.

I love Parks and Recreation. I think its more entertaining than the Office

• @Hassan said: I love Parks and Recreation. I think its more entertaining than the Office

Ever watched IT crowd?

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited March 2013

When I first joined lowendtalk, I made some mistakes and got bashed.... like mentioning @dominicl 's full name :/

When I first introduced @RobertClarke to LET, he got bashed too, however that's no longer happening.

Same with what happened to @dominicl and PremiumVM.

What you're doing wrong is that you're not learning from your mistakes like everyone else, you're trying to argue and defend yourself when others point out mistakes. Just accept their advice and don't do it again.

You should also learn to stop being so hostile to any critisim, and stop jumping to conclusions early.

• MunMun Member

@Shovenose, installed a nginx proxy or replaced apache with nginx yet?

• DylanDylan Member
    edited March 2013

Why I haven't and won't ever try ShoveAnything:

1. You don't know tech, but you pretend you do.

2. You don't know business, but you think you do.

And while if those were the only issues you could perhaps, eventually, overcome them -- chalk it up to dumb youth or something -- what irreparably damages your reputation for me is this:

1. You have a serious lack of ethics, and I just don't think you care.
  • DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited March 2013

@Mun said @Shovenose, installed a nginx proxy or replaced apache with nginx yet?

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

HTTP/1.1 302 Found

Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 04:50:21 GMT
    Server: Apache
    Vary: Accept-Encoding
    Content-Length: 210
    Content-Type: text/html

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently

Content-Length: 230

HTTP/1.1 302 Found

Content-Length: 206

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.3-7+squeeze15
    Set-Cookie: PHPSESSID=t950qm8dmtod8hcm5akpo56tp3
    Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
    Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
    Pragma: no-cache
    Content-Length: 5501

• Shovehost reminds me of Randy :D

• @Victor said: Shovehost reminds me of Randy :D

Maybe it is?

Randy who?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

That clicking sound you heard was @shovenose googling "nginx".

• @Shovenose is simply amazing. @PhilND could hardly attract one page full of comments :)

• @shovenose said: Randy who?

The Singaporean

• @shovenose: http://goo.gl/VDBfo

Or because you don't like "shortened Links"

Google "Randy TheHostingSquad site:lowendtalk.com"

Guys I think he's had enough shoving for tonight.

This Randy guy sounds like a much ruder, less ethical shovenose.
    Hopefully I can turn that around and make that not be the case.

• MunMun Member

@shovenose, might be a good idea to ask the thread closed, for one I don't think any more would be helpful and you are already ignoring some of the posts.