Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ShoveHost (Market Research) - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ShoveHost (Market Research)

Comments

• @Noerman said "I believe you stated that you prefer nano over vim, that not really technical people statement."

(evil grin) emacs emacs emacs , let the editor wars begin :P

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@shovenose said: free trial of our new VPS service?

No thank you. A free trial wouldn't do anything to turn around my impression of you as a provider, so I won't waste your resources. The only thing that would get me back to the point where I'd consider using you again is a solid period of quality service, backed up by decent reviews from community members who's opinion I trust.

Also, a quick question; you've mentioned that you have other team members who are more technically adept than yourself; why do you ask so many technical questions here if you have these people available to you?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@Nekki You have no idea how many stupid questions they get bombarded with.

• Emacs >2013

No.

Vim please. ST2 for any serious editing with a GUI.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@shovenose said: You have no idea how many stupid questions they get bombarded with.

Maybe you should bombard them with the rest then. Just my opinion, but some of the things you ask don't really cover you in glory, and only reinforce the notion that you're in over your head when it come to the VPS hosting business.

• I know people here hate nano but I just prefer it.

@Nekki you still have a vps with us right?

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited March 2013

@24khost said: @HalfEatenPie Am I still on the never order from sheet?

I haven't really looked at that list in a long time. But you've come a long way @24khost!

Personally, I like working with vim and nano (more nano recently though), but all of them works. Choice between text editors shouldn't really matter.

@shovenose said: You have no idea how many stupid questions they get bombarded with.

Does that mean they can ignore questions from their "Boss"?

• @24khost said: I know people here hate nano but I just prefer it.

I love nano <3

• MunMun Member

Let me sum it up. If you as a provider are asking basic questions of how do I use crontab -e on this forum then I probably don't want to host with you. It is pretty much linux 101. As such how do I know you do proper VPS backups. How do I know that you don't have a screwed up setting that will kill my server eventually. We pay for multiple facets when we purchase VPS and one of those facets is experience. Which you clearly don't have.
    This may seem harsh by all regards, but I mean really? You make me feel like you are 15 year old saying Aha! I will start a VPS hosting business and I have not a clue what I am doing. I mean what happens when you get a solusvm attack? Do you know how to filter it or protect it? What about mysql hashing so I don't have my passwords and other information leaked across the internet. The point is, if you don't have any idea what you are doing, why should I take the risk and host with you?

I get 34% they each get 33% so what's the problem?

• I know people here hate nano but I just prefer it.

nano rocks. simple as it gets. small install.

It is what I use, until the other nerd text editors have something compelling that I actually need to use them for.

• Alright i've tried to be nice with you @shovenose but your consistent dumbness made that impossible. I'll just point this out:

@shovenose said: We would never go out of business? Why? Because a bunch of local small businesses host with me.

Thats right. @shovenose said Shovehost would never get out of business on March 25th. I'll be quoting myself on this very soon.

• @shovenose said: I get 34% they each get 33% so what's the problem?

Of what? The profits? If you're going to be the face of the company then you should also know the basics of linux.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@gsrdgrdghd said: Thats right. @shovenose said Shovehost would never get out of business on March 25th. I'll be quoting myself on this very soon.

I love it when hosting "companies" through up the "local businesses" flag, because that means so much.

• @HostUS said: WHT ban all accounts, but merge them together and un band the desired account.

Ya, but I think if he continue to use both after being warned he will have both accounts banned.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@24khost said: you still have a vps with us right?

I do indeed, more than happy with the service.

• More importantly, why are you spilling whatever arrangements you have with these 'partners' out in a public forum?

As for editors, I use nano extensively. Vim is overkill for config file editing, and I pretty much only use it when actually coding something. And then again, there are better options for that (ST2 generally, PHPStorm for PHP)

• @Voss exactly!!!!

• @Voss said: @shovenose: develop a relationship with other hosts? They tend to at times help one another when they encounter problems.

Personally, I want all hosts to succeed. I don't see it as a competition because they have their way of managing their services and we have ours. They're getting people outside of the LEB/LET Market? Nice! Bring more people to the market! It's always growing! Find your own nitch! Do what you think is right! I'll try to help you in what you're doing but only if you recognize that and understand that this is one huge community, we're not trying to step on each other's feets just for the hell of it

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@shovenose said: Give me a week for shoveads and just use that. It would work in the same way as buysellads.

Looking forward to the unveiling on Wednesday.

• And now between @shovenose & his vps services there is another bigger battle between nano & vim.

I'm not really technical guy and I does using nano more than vim, and for better trick I always install Webmin and using the "File Manager" over nano or vim.
    Sad isn't it !?

@raindog308 you did not see where I posted later I'm not doing it yet?

• @shovenose OMG, you have lots of dream.Concentrate on one first!!

• @shovenose == mtwiscool?

• lol jk @shovenose

edited March 2013

@24khost first time today I've laughed. But um, I think not :) Anybody who wants to talk on the phone to prove I don't stutter like a retard...

• wow don't use the r word kinda offensive.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@24khost said: wow don't use the r word kinda offensive.

He said the f word to me earlier, very offensive.

• :) retard is offensive? Come on, are mentally challenged people offended by the word? Doubt it. They'll blissfully smile.

It's unrelated politicians and interest groups that have us tripping over words.

I mean, isn't mentally challenged sort of derogatory and vague? Who says they are mentally challenged? I've never heard a retarded person argue they were mentally challenged.

We should be way official if we want to be proper. You know, the "medical" names for the conditions. That will make for good conversations and snoring.

• Which f word? @RobertClarke if it was "Fag" then yes offensive. If the f word as F*ck not so offensive.