Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ShoveHost (Market Research) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ShoveHost (Market Research)

Comments

• NoermanNoerman Member
    edited March 2013

@shovenose said: Why haven't you tried ShoveHost? Yes, for a month

If you have:
    Why didn't you vote ShoveHost for this quarter? in-love with another providers
    If you did:
    Why didn't you vote ShoveHost as your top provider? it's love, nothing can change it
    If you did:
    What can we do to make your experience even better? fast support, better technical understanding, order vps from another providers to get better understanding as a client

@shovenose Good luck with your services, cheers.

@PhilND said: I'm flattered that you have copied my thread.

I hope he copied how you run the business too.

• Suprised no one has compared him to me, I almost expected that. No offense. :P

• I don't like to way in on other hosts.

@shovenose 2 pieces of advice. I am not the tech guy for my company and have never been afraid to admit that.

1. If you have issues with your servers go to wht and hire someone, or hire a server managment company.

2. Don't talk crap about other providers.

Hopefully you will get everything wrangled in and get your business under control.

• Get a real job

• @Shane_Elmore nobody compares to you!

:P

• Why I don't use ShoveHost?

This thread.

• The post where you tried to use deb as a command and asking why it didn't work, when you needed to add it to a .conf

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@Brightbull it was a mistake I mixed up my two VPS.

• @shovenose my only advice is to you is make two different profiles.

• @ftpit One business, one personal. Two business / Personal profiles wouldn't be any good.

edited March 2013

Is that not against the rules like at WHT?

• ToadyusToadyus Member
    edited March 2013

You lost all credibility when you said OVH was a creditable company to use as a server provider. It was almost at that point of your existence that you were going to be doomed as a provider.

@Toadyus I think OVH is shit now for use as VPS hosting. So that is an outdated opinion of mine.

• @shovenose or stop being silly!!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2013

Why haven't you tried ShoveHost? No reason to pick over existing providers.
    Why didn't you vote ShoveHost for this quarter? Experience over time gains my vote.
    Why didn't you vote ShoveHost as your top provider? ^
    What can we do to make your experience even better? A lot, actually.

Constructive criticism:

1. You frequently ask for advice here, completely ignore the advice you get. It's your way or the highway, as though you're not interested in being like everyone else. That's fine, if you're reinventing the wheel. You aren't though. Instead, you're sticking to insecure and poor practices that put you in a category with people who do not know any better, not in the category of someone who is breaking out of the mold. When you do know better because everyone here is telling you better, you close your mouth and push forward with what you're doing because you like it and that's priority #1 over quality and security.

2. You ask for too much advice here. Don't think I haven't had a dumb question. I go directly to people I trust if Google comes up empty. We all have moments of stupidity. We don't all broadcast them.

A little reassurance:
    My first attempt to sell VPS here was reselling. Dumb idea. Could have ruined my credibility for later. I just wasn't ready to take the financial leap. I learned better, I backed out, I came back when I was ready and had what it takes.

• I have no clue if two accounts are prohibited. The policy banning two accounts would be ass backwards when used like I proposed.

WHT cares about one provider posting offers for two different "shell" companies. Doubt they care about second one for social commentary.

edited March 2013

Thank you to the people who actually said something helpful and weren't trolls. Advice noted.
    Actually @pubcrawler WHT is super strict about it. It's why I'm banned.

• Good input @jarland. We need more community mentors of the new providers.

• @jarland Really good advice. +1

@Voss not gonna rebrand. Want a free trial to prove how good our VPS is?

• WHT is a total disaster @shovenose. Probably a big chunk of folks who are providers have lost an account over there. I question the sales value of posting offers over on there though.

That said I know a big colo facility who ran the routine with WHT over multiple accounts and were f'd by them even though cutting them ad dollars.

I trust and value WHT even less than this site. That says a lot based on some of my scorching commentary.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited March 2013

Note: This is me talking as a member of this community and opinions here do not reflect my job.

Why haven't you tried ShoveHost?

Because there's no reason to replace my VPSes with creditable providers that I already have pretty strong relations with (and have worked with me and helped me out when I needed it).

Why didn't you vote ShoveHost for this quarter?

Because I never used your services.

Why didn't you vote ShoveHost as your top provider?

Above

What can we do to make your experience even better?

Listen to the LET community. Seriously. Please. I mean we've all made mistakes here and there or just forget to read the entire topic of the post (e.g. "What Linux Distribution are you Running on your VPS", you said "Windows") but that doesn't mean every (even angry) criticism is to be neglected.

You use LET too much as a personal help-desk for even things that could be Google Searched. People don't like providers or even CEOs (who claim they run a company) ask LET for something that's a simple Google Search. If you can't find it via Google Search than ask people you trust/know. If that doesn't work THEN go to the public about it (e.g. LET) but first mentioning your previous attempts at trying to find the problem.

When a problem comes up on LET that someone asks and I don't know, I google it. Usually, its within the first two results.

If you really don't know and you're running into too many problems, then please just hire a server administrator to guide you in your way.

Basically, whenever I use a provider I feel like I'm getting a partnership with them. Because myself as the user of their services don't want them to go out of business (therefore even if I do just have an idle VPS with them I continue to pay them because I'd rather have that VPS be available as a quick backup container than to see that company out of business). This also means I expect the company to work with me on their end of the bargain and honestly to be truthful to me. Now I personally don't know how you run your business, but for me (and from reading from your posts on LET) I'd rather work with a company that I know can yield the return/results and is reasonable (professionalism sometimes comes into this), than someone who asks every single question on LET and uses it as a personal help desk.

If you disagree with certain points feel free to rip my argument apart. I'm just here to say what I think personally.

• So you didn't appreciate my advice @shovenose? Wow I wasn't trolling you. I was trying to give advice. I am not the tech guy and don't claim to be. Just would use somebody else If I didn't know everything I am doing.

• Ok @shovenose here is an actual piece of advice: You are loosing money. The longer you try this, the more money you will loose. Stop ist ASAP, save money and spend 2 or 3 years gaining experience.

• Good post @HalfEatenPie.

• You scare me.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@MrAndroid said: You scare me.

Welcome back btw :)

• LeeLee Veteran

@shovenose, I have actually avoided you on this site because of what I would say, but now you have forced my hand ;)

Probably the most important lesson you need to learn in life is that perception really is reality.

I would never use your service, your lack of every skill required to run a customer service based business is so very obvious, then you need to put technical capability in there as well and you very clearly lack all of those skill sets too.

One day, you will get hacked, customer data will be passed about or a node will fail and everything will be lost, not because these things happen, but because you don't know what you are doing and you are flying by the seat of your pants thinking this is all so easy..

Every time you post I cringe. You don't even have the sense to hide your lack of ability, perhaps you simply don't care? Quick few bucks and run?

I gave young Robert @servercrate a hard time before but really, that boy is actually a good example of listening and applying what you learn through listening. He has come a long way. I really can't say that about you.