Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ShoveHost (Market Research) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ShoveHost (Market Research)

Comments

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Lol

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

This thread makes me want to Shove a sock in your mouth.

• jhjh Member

I don't want a free trial. I want you to listen to our advice...

• @shovenose Trust me I have made myself an ass here. Boy did it hurt for the first 3 or 4 months I was here. I argued that ssl is not really needed. My personal view on the situation regardless doesn't matter. It matters what the community thinks.

Perception is everything. So I would take some time keep whatever customers you have happy. Do some learning then make a push once you get it figured out.

• @24khost said: @shovenose Trust me I have made myself an ass here. Boy did it hurt for the first 3 or 4 months I was here. I argued that ssl is not really needed. My personal view on the situation regardless doesn't matter. It matters what the community thinks.

Perception is everything. So I would take some time keep whatever customers you have happy. Do some learning then make a push once you get it figured out.

I've noticed that you've changed your ways, and you seem to be doing much better because of it too. I think you're one of the better up-and-coming hosts, and I'm looking forward to what you can do and competing with you.

• Haha Thanks. Honestly its more Brain Garbles of Half-Asleep HalfEatenPie.

• @Damian Thanks means alot. I had my head in the clouds. We grew and hopefully we can make a really strong push here in the next year and a half and maybe put me close to not have to work a regular job!

@HalfEatenPie Am I still on the never order from sheet?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

We have technical people here, so don't make that assumption that if something went wrong I'd be like "whatever, let's just open a ticket with the server provider and get the server reinstalled" - I'd get the two other people on the SH team to help out and get everything back online. @24khost gee I missed you.
    Shove Hosting Services Inc. will exist in May. Everything takes a bit of time! But we need to get enough money to pay for all that stuff when it comes up, so we sell services.\
    We would never go out of business? Why? Because a bunch of local small businesses host with me. They know where I live, so if ShoveHost disappeared they'd probably come after me... Oh and I'm not giving anybody the satisfaction of ShoveHost crashing and burning even thought I know that's what you all want.

@shovenose said: We have technical people here, so don't make that assumption that if something went wrong I'd be like "whatever, let's just open a ticket with the server provider and get the server reinstalled" - I'd get the two other people on the SH team to help out and get everything back online. @24khost gee I missed you.

Shove Hosting Services Inc. will exist in May. Everything takes a bit of time! But we need to get enough money to pay for all that stuff when it comes up, so we sell services.\
    We would never go out of business? Why? Because a bunch of local small businesses host with me. They know where I live, so if ShoveHost disappeared they'd probably come after me... Oh and I'm not giving anybody the satisfaction of ShoveHost crashing and burning even thought I know that's what you all want.

Any normal provider would say they're not going away because they're committed to their customers, or they a committed to bringing quality services to the market. But no, the Shove ™ reason is that you're scared of angry customers.

edited March 2013

@RobertClarke no reason to be a jerk. Go Shove it :) Obviously I care more about my customers than anything else... I wouldn't be here if I didn't. But you know I could buy a cheap BlueHost account, put all the people I know on it (none of them ever use cPanel nor do they even care, they just call when they need stuff changed) , then I could give the VPS customers resold BurstNET VPS. But would I do, that OF COURSE NOT!

• @shovenose That is not what I want. There is enough money to go around. I want you to prosper. I just don't think your fully ready yet. My opinion from things I have seen here. Not that you can't get there. Great you brought in a technical person. Now just withdraw a little bit from the community. Don't be here all the time and let everything cool down. Build a reputation, then build your company. You seem to not like the advice your getting from me, but I was in your shoes once. Trying to show you the light at the end of the tunnel!

• LeeLee Veteran

@shovenose said: We have technical people here

See you are missing the point and ignoring everyone again. It's you, what you say and what you ask that is causing the issues, nobody cares whether you have the best techs the industry has, YOU have blown it.

• @shovenose said: Because a bunch of local small businesses host with me.

I feel so bad for those poor small business owners...not trying to be ass but if you have to ask people how to do cron without a control panel...I really think you have a lot to learn in providing hosting to people.

edited March 2013

Why does a serious question turn into a "you suck go out of business"

@shovenose You're trying to Shove ™ crap down our throats. Stick to the offers section, and stop going out of your way to ask why people aren't hosting with you.

@RobertClarke how the f*** do you think I can improve without knowing?

• "satisfaction of ShoveHost crashing and burning even thought I know that's what you all want."

Anyone wishing the crash and burning of any provider is just a plain evil person or someone who needs to grow up. I hope for your success. Nothing better than succeeding when the odds dictate otherwise.

Even my least favorite providers here, I just want honesty and humility from.

In many ways, the entrepreneur needs tempered. Made strong through trials and tribulation. Keep learning, yearning to do better and be a tad more button down professional of sorts and it should work out.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited March 2013

@shovenose said: @RobertClarke how the f*** do you think I can improve without knowing?

I heard it's sunny outside in California, why don't you go out for a walk and have a play on the swings? A breath of fresh air will do you some good.

• marcmmarcm Member

@shovenose Why did you get banned from WHT?

• @shovenose said: Why does a serious question turn into a "you suck go out of business"

1. I don't think copying others' posts to advertise your brand would make you, by any means "serious"

2. I think you still have a lot to learn. It is good to be an entrepreneur, but know what you are doing before getting into something, that is very important as well.

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited March 2013

@Albert said: @Magiobiwan said: Ditto.

that's a pokemon, isn't it?

also was a device to backup

iomega ditto i had it looong time ago

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Why haven't you tried ShoveHost? I have

Why didn't you vote ShoveHost for this quarter? Because of the OVH debacle, I have no confidence that you know what you're doing, and are able to cope with unexpected issues. Voting for you would equate to a recommendation IMO, and I wouldn't want to recommend anyone purchase a service from you right now.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@shovenose I guess this would be better if you sent it in a email blast to your clients, and not a public forum.

@Nekki free trial of our new VPS service?

@marcm said: @shovenose Why did you get banned from WHT?

This thread looks like it http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1211873

• @W1V_Lee said: @shovenose said: We have technical people here

I believe you stated that you prefer nano over vim, that not really technical people statement.

But I do find that you have dedicated your time for your business and that a great start.
    Just move on and keep learning as we all do.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited March 2013

gsrdgrdghd said "spend 2 or 3 years gaining experience.." [before you start your own company]

Probably the best advice in this thread for starting a hosting business or any other business.

W1V_Lee said "I gave young Robert @servercrate a hard time before but really, that boy is actually a good example of listening and applying what you learn through listening."

agreed

• @Shovenose serious question to you: Have you ever been diagnosed with autism? From http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/autism/detail_autism.htm

What are some common signs of autism?

The hallmark feature of ASD is impaired social interaction.  As early as infancy, a baby with ASD may be unresponsive to people or focus intently on one item to the exclusion of others for long periods of time.  A child with ASD may appear to develop normally and then withdraw and become indifferent to social engagement.

Children with an ASD may fail to respond to their names and often avoid eye contact with other people.  They have difficulty interpreting what others are thinking or feeling because they can’t understand social cues, such as tone of voice or facial expressions, and don’t watch other people’s faces for clues about appropriate behavior.  They lack empathy.

Many children with an ASD engage in repetitive movements such as rocking and twirling, or in self-abusive behavior such as biting or head-banging.  They also tend to start speaking later than other children and may refer to themselves by name instead of “I” or “me.”  Children with an ASD don’t know how to play interactively with other children.  Some speak in a sing-song voice about a narrow range of favorite topics, with little regard for the interests of the person to whom they are speaking.

Children with characteristics of an ASD may have co-occurring conditions, including Fragile X syndrome (which causes mental retardation), tuberous sclerosis, epileptic seizures, Tourette syndrome, learning disabilities, and attention deficit disorder.  About 20 to 30 percent of children with an ASD develop epilepsy by the time they reach adulthood. .
  • Most of the time I see people banned on WHT because of duplicate IDs, I guess he got his back and had another ID registered on WHT if in case Shovehost is not working out for him?

@zhuanyi said: Most of the time I see people banned on WHT because of duplicate IDs, I guess he got his back and had another ID registered on WHT if in case Shovehost is not working out for him?

WHT ban all accounts, but merge them together and un band the desired account.