Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DrServer.Net AbusiveCores Server downtime - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DrServer.Net AbusiveCores Server downtime

Comments

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

goodone said: I thought this problem was fixed. Can I have my server up please?. it's really important :( I just need it up for this month. It is ok if you take it down next month.

Pls open ticket

Thanked by 1goodone
  • goodone said: I thought this problem was fixed. Can I have my server up please?. it's really important :( I just need it up for this month. It is ok if you take it down next month.

it probably is simply not working this way. moving TB of data from old disks to new ones will take time no matter what you are doing. customers wanting or trying to access that data (if available at all) would add a lot of trouble and cause more load issues to it. so they simply need all affected customers to be kept out.

migration of tons of data won't be done in a blink of an eye.

Thanked by 1goodone
  • @drserver said:

goodone said: I thought this problem was fixed. Can I have my server up please?. it's really important :( I just need it up for this month. It is ok if you take it down next month.

Pls open ticket

Ticket opening done :) .

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, its Online, still slow and gets randomly connection drops.

Hopefully these network issues will be fixed.

• I'll come back to Drserver if I ever really need a xen/kvm in Incero DC anytime.

I decided to let my xenstorage lapse since I was just hoarding it, honestly, for 2years.

• @vimalware said:
    I'll come back to Drserver if I ever really need a xen/kvm in Incero DC anytime.

I decided to let my xenstorage lapse since I was just hoarding it, honestly, for 2years.

• I got my new VPS; data was fried, as we know already. Of course, it is too early to say anything about the service, or anything else for that matter. I will have to wait about three to five months as I always do in order to establish a "baseline value".

Here is a benchmark:

Colormedia Benchmark 0.1/a (forked by k0nsl)
    Website  : k0nsl.org
    Contact  : irc.k0nsl.org #k0nsl

General Information

CPU :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X5670  @ 2.93GHz
    CPU Cores :  2
    CPU frequency per core :  2933.514 MHz
    Memory : 999 MB
    Swap Space : 1022 MB
    Uptime : 0 days, 0 hours, 14 minutes
    Kernel : 3.16.0-4-amd64

Network Benchmark

Download Speed:  BuyVM (US): 7.63MB/s
    Download Speed:  DigitalOcean (US): 11.1MB/s
    Download Speed:  RamNode (US): 10.4MB/s
    Download Speed:  BuyVM (EU): 9.39MB/s
    Download Speed:  HostHatch (USA): 11.0MB/s
    Download Speed:  DigitalOcean (EU): 10.6MB/s
    Download Speed:  RamNode (EU): 7.61MB/s
    Download Speed:  BuyVM (EU): 9.40MB/s
    Download Speed:  YourServer (EU): 7.96MB/s

Disk Benchmark

I/O Performance [1]:  583 MB/s
    I/O Performance [2]:  585 MB/s
    I/O Performance [3]:  577 MB/s

CPU Benchmark

real    0m14.625s
    user    0m14.608s
    sys     0m0.000s

Before this whole incident happened they used Xeon L5520 on the host node. So the CPU is a notch better now.

• @drserver said:

TheOnlyDK said: Can I open a ticket to have my current XenStorage moved to the new SSD storage node? Want it online so I can back up my week worth of stuff, and the SSD bonus couldn't be better.

please open ticket

Opened for a few days now, no answers. Should I pm you the ticket number? Since the supports are too busy for tickets?

• Note I have no stake in this either way, but I'm curious when those with issues because of "Byteshack / Abusive Cores VPS servers" are getting free service till Jan 2017 and yet those with the unexpected "XenStorage" migration or only getting 1 or 2 months free.

drserver said: All affected customers with Byteshack / Abusive Cores VPS servers will be credited till 1.1.2017. with free plan upgrade.

tommy said: If you were migrated – 2 free months If you were not migrated – 1 free month

• not having any servers with them though....

impossiblystupid said: site like "SERVERS ON DEMAND", "Reliable and scalable", "Pay what you really need", "You get all the resources dedicated to you", "High performance, robust", "No recent incidents on our network", "All Systems Operational". Quite a bit of false advertising there.

Your legal education sucks i guess, you even went to a jur class once?

Servers on demand

No claim or guarantee.

Reliable and scalable

Not further defined, no guarantee.

Pay what you really need

Not further defined, no guarantee.

You get all the resources dedicated to you

Not in any way proven (and, regardless of country and what you say - innocent until proven guilty) to be correct.

High performance, robust

Not a specific statement, no guarantees.

No recent incidents on our network

Nice try, but that is in legal sense only for "network" which does not include hardware or servers.

No false advertising, no false info.

• goodonegoodone Member
    edited September 2016

My vps went down randomly again for over 6hrs. and I am not able to reboot either....
    http://take.ms/pD3z3

Should I post a ticket?. oh wait... they replied my 4 days old ticket as they were busy on fixing servers and moving data, like 21hrs ago. My VPS was up. http://take.ms/E1Hkj

And then.... http://take.ms/F4ufV

No notice. Great service overall. -_-

Thank you.

• @William said:
    Your legal education sucks i guess

Your reading comprehension sucks, I guess. I never claimed to be making a legal argument or suggesting anyone take legal action. I was just noting the disconnect between the high-minded words on their site compared to the dirty reality of the downtime their customers have been experiencing.

• VPS is online within Virtualizor, It shows GREEN! but .... Not able to ping and connect via SSH.

• impossiblystupid said: I was just noting the disconnect between the high-minded words on their site compared to the dirty reality of the downtime their customers have been experiencing.

impossiblystupid said: Quite a bit of false advertising there.

Statement does not compute.

• How much is rebuilding RAID systems a factor in the restoration of VM images, backups and etc?

• rchurch said: How much is rebuilding RAID systems a factor in the restoration of VM images, backups and etc?

depend on RAID type and hardisk size.

I'm really surprise some people still loyal to drserver after they #1 place on downtime contest (without explanation, IP changet etc).
    GVH, goodhosting and friend will happy to have you as client.

• @TheOnlyDK is your byteshack LA still UP??

• @Ndha said:
    @TheOnlyDK is your byteshack LA still UP??

Nope

• @William said:

impossiblystupid said: I was just noting the disconnect between the high-minded words on their site compared to the dirty reality of the downtime their customers have been experiencing.

impossiblystupid said: Quite a bit of false advertising there.

Statement does not compute.

Words can have different meanings when used in different contexts. That's why it's perfectly fine for someone to use "begs the question" to mean something entirely different than a circular argument. The world is a lot bigger than your legal fine print. Deal with it.

• @tommy said:

rchurch said: How much is rebuilding RAID systems a factor in the restoration of VM images, backups and etc?

depend on RAID type and hardisk size.

I'm really surprise some people still loyal to drserver after they #1 place on downtime contest (without explanation, IP changet etc).
    GVH, goodhosting and friend will happy to have you as client.

Can you suggest something better?.

• dailydaily Member
    edited September 2016

Time to open your eyes people. All I see is praise for this company yet at the same time problems from actual paying customers. I understand they are doing everything in their ability to get it back together but this has really hit them hard and not having an immediate answer for it should be a tad bit worrying. If you were hosting important data on DrServer (or any LE host), you kind of got/get what was coming to you.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • impossiblystupid said: Words can have different meanings when used in different contexts

I'm not sure where you live but in a lot of countries the statement that something is false advertising - which is definite, you did not say it seems or similar - is pretty simple a statement that can have consequences.

Thanked by 1mycosys
  • @William said:
    I'm not sure where you live but in a lot of countries the statement that something is false advertising - which is definite, you did not say it seems or similar - is pretty simple a statement that can have consequences.

I'm not sure what your point is. Are you trying to threaten me in some way? Perhaps you're in one of those shithole countries that kill bloggers for speaking freely?

• impossiblystupid said: I'm not sure what your point is. Are you trying to threaten me in some way? Perhaps you're in one of those shithole countries that kill bloggers for speaking freely?

Woah dude!! You are being ultra-paranoid. Take it easy.

William was referring to potential legal consequences of libel.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • It's getting really annoying now. Looks like I have to look for alternatives for my 4$ 150gb

• @From_Xps said:
    It's getting really annoying now. Looks like I have to look for alternatives for my 4$ 150gb

Maybe I will ask for a refund for my most down VPS as @drserver mentioned, maybe that is what they are wanting. Don't care about compensation as my server is down and I am unable to do any task.

http://take.ms/uf9Cy

• cassacassa Member
    edited September 2016

Still waiting for mine to get up, guess I'll open a ticket :)

• @rincewind said:

impossiblystupid said: I'm not sure what your point is. Are you trying to threaten me in some way? Perhaps you're in one of those shithole countries that kill bloggers for speaking freely?

Unless you're a mind reader, I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. William can speak to his own intention. Besides, all I did is quote the drServer web site and point out that those statements don't reflect the experience that their customers are relating here. Nobody who has any real notion of the law would mistake that for libel. Since William claims to have a greater legal education than me, clearly he must have been referring to some other, non-legal kind of "consequence".

• impossiblystupid said: Perhaps you're in one of those shithole countries that kill bloggers for speaking freely?

Actually he is the one that kills the bloggers. You know, the man has to earn a living!

• @impossiblystupid said:

@rincewind said:

impossiblystupid said: I'm not sure what your point is. Are you trying to threaten me in some way? Perhaps you're in one of those shithole countries that kill bloggers for speaking freely?

Unless you're a mind reader, I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. William can speak to his own intention. Besides, all I did is quote the drServer web site and point out that those statements don't reflect the experience that their customers are relating here. Nobody who has any real notion of the law would mistake that for libel. Since William claims to have a greater legal education than me, clearly he must have been referring to some other, non-legal kind of "consequence".

You really are a self asorbed cunt with a napoleon complex