Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DrServer.Net AbusiveCores Server downtime - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DrServer.Net AbusiveCores Server downtime

Comments

• @Francisco said:
    Deadpool due to finances? Nah. Deadpool becasue Jarland spilt vodka on the rack? far more likely.

Francisco

You know i would have picked @jarland as more a single malt man. Live and learn lol.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@mycosys said:

@Francisco said:
    Deadpool due to finances? Nah. Deadpool becasue Jarland spilt vodka on the rack? far more likely.

Francisco

You know i would have picked @jarland as more a single malt man. Live and learn lol.

To be fair when I found out he lived in Texas I assumed he was a shine kinda man.

Francisco

• mycosys said: You know i would have picked @jarland as more a single malt man.

You've clearly not read enough @Jarland. Everclear FTW.

• @Nekki said:

mycosys said: You know i would have picked @jarland as more a single malt man.

You've clearly not read enough @Jarland. Everclear FTW.

Good god, that stuff sounds more dangerous than stroh 80. I want XD. Although it may as well be ethanol absolute.

I should probably stick to rare breed XD

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

mycosys said: Good god, that stuff sounds more dangerous than stroh 80. I want XD. Although it may as well be ethanol absolute.

The amount of red bull you mix in is entirely dependent on how much longer you intend to live, and also directly responsible for how much longer you do live.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@jarland said:

mycosys said: Good god, that stuff sounds more dangerous than stroh 80. I want XD. Although it may as well be ethanol absolute.

The amount of red bull you mix in is entirely dependent on how much longer you intend to live, and also directly responsible for how much longer you do live.

You know. @Jarland is like a cat. He has 9 lives.

Thanked by 2jar netomx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

hawc said: You know. @Jarland is like a cat. He has 9 lives.

I'll drink to that!

8 left.

Thanked by 3mycosys yomero hawc
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2016

@Francisco said:

@hawc said:

@jarland said:

@MikeA said:
    People that run businesses don't just forget to pay bills (Or god would I hope not?)

I ummm... I challenge that notion. No comment :P

And then MXRoute deadpools.....

Francisco

He probably only has enough in his mouth to kill one or two servers on the rack

• @jarland said:

Ah, makes sense. before that stuff hit in the west when we couldnt get the thai stuff we used to mix 'berrocoke' preferably about 1/3rd syrup from a semi malfunctioning wunderbar.
    Learned the hard way not to have too much, or add guarana - ur not gonna have a good time XD. These days its just 8 shots of coffee a day and the odd hairy lemon in the morning.

• As much fun as spirits are, :)

@drserver, any updates, there has has been no update or information on the support ticket and the services are still down, entering the 15th day now!

• Has anyone heard back from @drserver? As usual, support is non responsive and the company doesn't seem to care. Maybe its time to put out a general advisory warning people about quality of service at Dr Server.

• Francisco said: To be fair when I found out he lived in Texas I assumed he was a shine kinda man.

Sips lean/sizzurp

• vipinr said: @drserver, any updates, there has has been no update or information on the support ticket and the services are still down, entering the 15th day now!

Why don't you migrated to another provider?

• @Profforg said:

vipinr said: @drserver, any updates, there has has been no update or information on the support ticket and the services are still down, entering the 15th day now!

Why don't you migrated to another provider?

$2 is a lot to just throw away, dude.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@vipinr please refrain from assumptions, we've got lots of tickets and we find it a priority to solve the problem rather than explaining the situation the servers are being shipped as soon as we have an ETA on deploy and send a mailer.

Thank you

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • Nekki said: $2 is a lot to just throw away, dude.

But he can migrate to another provider and then ask drserver for refund because service was not working correctly isn't it?

• BharatB said: @vipinr please refrain from assumptions, we've got lots of tickets and we find it a priority to solve the problem rather than explaining the situation the servers are being shipped as soon as we have an ETA on deploy and send a mailer.

Thank you

oh my, look at that respond.

Thanked by 1doughmanes

@tommy said:

BharatB said: @vipinr please refrain from assumptions, we've got lots of tickets and we find it a priority to solve the problem rather than explaining the situation the servers are being shipped as soon as we have an ETA on deploy and send a mailer.

Thank you

Apologies if that looked offensive or something im not sure if I've explained or expressed myself correctly but im sure maybe @Nekki can help :)

• @Profforg said:

Nekki said: $2 is a lot to just throw away, dude.

But he can migrate to another provider and then ask drserver for refund because service was not working correctly isn't it?

I can do you a sarcasm detector at a great discount if interested.

Thanked by 2Peroni Pwner
  • I am concerned about the data and the mismatch in my system created due to the downtime. If the system is unrecoverable, I will compensate my clients and move on. But if it is, it saves me money and reputation. I admit my mistake was in assuming that a low end VPS could be reliably used for business services and not just testing.

@BharatB its been 17 days since the downtime dude, and 5 days since @drserver gave an ETA of 24 to 36 hours for the resolution. Its been 2 days since I asked for an update privately over the support ticket, and there has been no response. Apparently your team only responds on public forums.

I already have backup deployments. and I pay a lot more than $2 to DrServer, though money isn't point.

• vipinrvipinr Member
    edited September 2016

Thanked by 1Inglar
  • @BharatB said:

@tommy said:

BharatB said: @vipinr please refrain from assumptions, we've got lots of tickets and we find it a priority to solve the problem rather than explaining the situation the servers are being shipped as soon as we have an ETA on deploy and send a mailer.

Thank you

Apologies if that looked offensive or something im not sure if I've explained or expressed myself correctly but im sure maybe @Nekki can help :)

You've basically said that you're happy to leave customers in the dark for an elongated period because you haven't solved the problem yet. Poor (unacceptable?) customer service - if you can't reply to tickets (why?) should be issuing either emails updating impacted customers or updating the customer portal with a message. If you can't do either of those because no-one had the capability then, everyone needs to cancel and walk away now rather that persist with such a shithouse.

Thanked by 3K4Y5 kkrajk Dylan

@Nekki said:

Oh that's what it mean't , thank you. So I don't know how to put it in words I guess. Anyway @vipinr I've been informed by staff that only your ticket is pending even after you've been explained our current situation all customers have agreed to wait and take our compensation towards downtime. I've just logged in to confirm that that's the case.

I'll try to get an updated ETA on the resolution of this issue posted here sorry for the inconvenience.

@Nekki Ty for explaining that highlighted part :)

• @BharatB, Ticket for what? My ticket number is #323498. I have asked you for an update, but no reply. And neither @drserver nor any support staff has confirmed the basic question I have been asking "Is the data recoverable?".

I am happy that all your other customers have agreed to wait indefinitely, and I guess that makes me seem unreasonable, but I have not been messaging outside the timelines you have mentioned. I believe I have done my fair part in waiting, I only ask to have more information on what is happening as I have my own clients to answer to.

Thank you for your response though. I am glad to just have someone communicate, irrespective of how rude or flippant it is.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @vipinr said:
    @BharatB, Ticket for what? My ticket number is #323498. I have asked you for an update, but no reply. And neither @drserver nor any support staff has confirmed the basic question I have been asking "Is the data recoverable?".

TBH dude, it looks like someone shit the bed in Dallas, and unless you were paying for offsite backup, you've got to assume that as Dallas is wasteland now your backups are gone too.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @Nekki That pretty much sums it up. I am just making some last ditch efforts here. I would be kicking myself if I compensate the clients only to realize things came back up in the next few days!

• @vipinr said:
    @Nekki That pretty much sums it up. I am just making some last ditch efforts here. I would be kicking myself if I compensate the clients only to realize things came back up in the next few days!

You should be compensating your clients anyways. You made a mistake in choosing a low end provider for business use, and that should be a lesson learnt. Even if things go back to normal, your clients should have been compensated...

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Hi everyone. I am sorry that this takes so long but this is best what we can do. If you cant wait or you are unhappy with level of service that you are getting (i would be honestly) submit refund ticket and we will refund you in 24 hours.

Servers are on the way, IPs are announced, rack is ready, BW is paid...

Thanked by 2BharatB Ndha
  • Still doesn't explain why nobody was told about what was going on.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Nor if peoples data is safe

Thanked by 1doughmanes