Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DrServer.Net AbusiveCores Server downtime - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DrServer.Net AbusiveCores Server downtime

Comments

• Mine still isn't up :( @Radi migrations still going on?

• goodonegoodone Member
    edited September 2016

.... :/

• Any status updates @Radi?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Migrations are done. I am slowly starting VPS now. There are a few which will need more tweaks to boot though, but most of VMs are online.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited September 2016

I'm back up. I found the new IP in virtualizor.
    EDIT: actually the VPS has been running since yesterday. No data lost.

• It's online but slow af.

• Anna_ParkerAnna_Parker Member
    edited September 2016

@Radi Many thanks for keeping us updated, it's very important at hard time. As I didn't get any information about whole situation (did you sent any e-mail to customers yet?), I'm not sure. I have XenStorage with IP 23.92.x.x - will my VPS be migrated or not? If yes, data will destroyed or transferred? Will my IP change or not? I have to know, because I don't know I can work on my VPS or should prepare to unexpected. Thanks.

• Anna_Parker said: should prepare to unexpected

haven't you done this already? even if they get it sorted (as it seems like and I do wish them all luck to be able to deal with it!) you should be prepared anyways...

• Anna_ParkerAnna_Parker Member
    edited September 2016

@Falzo I don't have any important data on my VPS, even if all things will go to hell, I'm fine with that, at all, so don't worry about me. Thanks.

• My XenStorage is up now, after 130+ hours of downtime. Maybe still doing fsck since it's painfully slow.

• my xenstorage vps working dead slow :( 100% cpu usage.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@goodone It was not 100% cpu usage. I saw 2. load in your VPS + it was good for me at least.

• k0nslk0nsl Member
    edited September 2016

Well, beat this! :D

(click for larger screenshot)

@TheOnlyDK said:
    My XenStorage is up now, after 130+ hours of downtime. Maybe still doing fsck since it's painfully slow.

• goodonegoodone Member
    edited September 2016

My XenStorage Server was still working slow since last night, probably because of fsck? But randomly went offline this morning...... Can't reboot, restart..... No response, No notice.

• And XenStorage went offline, again.

• TheOnlyDK said: And XenStorage went offline, again.

goodone said: My XenStorage Server was still working slow since last night, probably because of fsck? But randomly went offline this morning...... Can't reboot, restart..... No response, No notice.

No issues here. My XenStorage has not missed a beat since it came back up 2 days ago.
    Its much faster then it was before this all started. Are you guys on the new IP or old?

• goodonegoodone Member
    edited September 2016

@FrankZ said:

TheOnlyDK said: And XenStorage went offline, again.

goodone said: My XenStorage Server was still working slow since last night, probably because of fsck? But randomly went offline this morning...... Can't reboot, restart..... No response, No notice.

No issues here. My XenStorage has not missed a beat since it came back up 2 days ago.
    Its much faster then it was before this all started. Are you guys on the new IP or old?

I had 2 vps. New with new IP working smoothly. Old one got banged this morning again. :(

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • did you restart or power on the new ip vps or it was auto started when receive?

• email from the winner of downtime contest

Dear XenStorage users,

As you may or may not know – we have done unscheduled migration for some VPS-es off the XenStorage node in attempt to decrease load. Migrations are now complete, but some VPS are refusing to boot on the old node, so we will walk through them 1-by-1. We will be deleting the successfully migrated VPS on the old node tonight(we're sorry that it is too early) – you will get to use them on the new one though with data intact. Please note that there will be an IP change for the migrated VPS. To check if you got an IP change can login to https://byteshack2.drserver.net:4083 with your XenStorage control panel details. If you didn't change them, they should be in your delivery ticket. In the panel you will find your VPS with same hostname as before but with its new IP. Feel free to begin using it. Also, we will be giving out compensation for the downtime. Ticket in, to get it. In the ticket post your mail and the IP.

If you were migrated – 2 free months If you were not migrated – 1 free month

Please note: We will not send another email in attempt not to spam you. For further updates monitor: https://drserver.net/drbill/index.php?/news/ .

We apologize for all downtime.

Have a good day, drServer Team

They won't send you another email because they think it's a spam. Maybe that the reason they don't send any notification when the server fucked up, or any notification about server dorman.

• After staying online for 30hrs my xen is down again. No ip change.

• Honestly, this is all pretty bad.. even the communication isn't that great..

But yet, you all chuff along like nothing bad has happened at all.

I'd be quite angry about this tbh.

Thanked by 3MikeA Zen sin
  • Dilstar said: did you restart or power on the new ip vps or it was auto started when receive?

It was started already when I received it.

ATHK said: Honestly, this is all pretty bad.. even the communication isn't that great..

You are correct. If I didn't have a good redundant, auto failover system, I would be upset too.

I also see from @tommy email above that not everyone was migrated, so I understand why people are seeing things differently.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2016

Its down again since 3 Hours....

• @ATHK said:
    Honestly, this is all pretty bad.. even the communication isn't that great..

But yet, you all chuff along like nothing bad has happened at all.

This went extremely bad. I already had my VPS renewed +1 year advance. I am getting angry now.... :|
    Things are not working as expected.

• @ATHK said:

No point in getting angry. Just adjust their reputation and move on to a provider that is better on the cost-reliability curve.

Maybe they should change their name to mrServer or jrServer. :-) Definitely should remove all the service claims from their site like "SERVERS ON DEMAND", "Reliable and scalable", "Pay what you really need", "You get all the resources dedicated to you", "High performance, robust", "No recent incidents on our network", "All Systems Operational". Quite a bit of false advertising there.

• DilstarDilstar Member
    edited September 2016

it was everything going toward fine track last night, but dont know how everything again back to wrong way. they must be working on backend to resolve, but issue is inproper support

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Guys, whoever thinks that we did false advertising, not providing services as advertised, stealing money, please open ticket with refund request. Your refund will be processed in 24 hours after ticket submission.

There is no reason for paying something that you are not happy with. This is really bad situation for us and we will do whatever is possible to fix this.

We have sent 2nd batch of new HW there. It will be installed in few days. We are looking here to improve things. We did great investment in own Dallas Rack.

Things are slow / still problems for some users, others are migrated to brad new SSD storage for same price. All users are / will be compensated for downtime.

Things are getting fixed, slowly but they are getting fixed.

Some clarifications.
    There are around 40ish Xenstorage users who needs to be migrated on new nodes and there are around 80ish Byteshack users who needs to be moved/recreated/fixed.

Xenstorage problems:
    We have serious problem in our Disk array setup. We are doing this carefully to not loose anyone data. Whoever had small vps (less than 150 gb) was moved already. All hypervisors talking to affected will be coverted / are converted to Local storage ones. We are filling those with 1gb ssd drives and that is reason why you are getting SSD drives on your migrated vps servers.

In 2 days we are expecting delivery of new HDD array with WD golds and we will send those immediately to incero. New spinning disk cluster will be ready some time next week. In meantime your VPS servers will most likely be migrated.

Byteshack problems:
    New hardware is getting provisioned we are building all hw form 0. Most of users are already moved and they got new IPs.

New 4nodes twins are installed at incero and we are waiting for shipment of Samsung SSDs. RAID cards are delivered today. Only drives are remaining. We are expecting them online in day or two.

Thank you everyone for understanding. Once again, there is no reason pay service that you are not happy with. Please open ticket and we will do refund in 24 hours after ticket submission.

• @drserver said:
    Things are slow / still problems for some users, others are migrated to brad new SSD storage for same price. All users are / will be compensated for downtime.

Can I open a ticket to have my current XenStorage moved to the new SSD storage node? Want it online so I can back up my week worth of stuff, and the SSD bonus couldn't be better.

• drserver said: Xenstorage problems: We have serious problem in our Disk array setup. We are doing this carefully to not loose anyone data. Whoever had small vps (less than 150 gb) was moved already. All hypervisors talking to affected will be coverted / are converted to Local storage ones. We are filling those with 1gb ssd drives and that is reason why you are getting SSD drives on your migrated vps servers.

I thought this problem was fixed. Can I have my server up please?. it's really important :(
    I just need it up for this month. It is ok if you take it down next month.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

TheOnlyDK said: Can I open a ticket to have my current XenStorage moved to the new SSD storage node? Want it online so I can back up my week worth of stuff, and the SSD bonus couldn't be better.

please open ticket