Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DrServer.Net AbusiveCores Server downtime - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DrServer.Net AbusiveCores Server downtime

Comments

• @Zen said:

ATHK said: ripping

ATHK said: Dr Severs

Meh auto correct.

• This is because we actually like Dr.Server. That is at least true in my case. It may sound infantile, but I am loyal to them — even in a situation such as this ;)

@ATHK said:
    This is worse than Delimiters power outage, yet no one seems to be ripping Dr Severs head off..

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

The pure fact that after a month long downtime, customers are still awaiting for the new node and ask for updates on daily basis means that Andrej has done something right and offered great services. Only thing that lacks here is the responses.

Thanked by 1Zen
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

The biggest favour you could do yourself and everyone else is to shut your vps down as soon as it boots for a few days, if a good number of people do this you will probably have a fully functional server in a few days instead of one that is up and down for the next 2 weeks.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • @ATHK said:
    This is worse than Delimiters power outage, yet no one seems to be ripping Dr Severs head off..

The reason for Delimiter getting arse-raped was a) because of the QuadIX outage 'refugee' stunt and b) because of PopTart-gate.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@AnthonySmith We have prevented startup of the VPS right now to speed migrations. When they're done, node will be OK.

• they monitor this thread,
    but they cherry pick the question,
    they ignore their customer.
    It's your call

• @Radi are you gonna fix byteshack3's virtualizor? You said a few days max and it's been more than a month already.

• its still the same, i am waiting for vps to come online

• Radi said: We have prevented startup of the VPS right now to speed migrations. When they're done, node will be OK.

A daily progress report would be nice :)

Thanked by 2FrankZ tommy
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I do not know if Incero is a good choice, I hope you have no abuse or very little at all, we had to discontinue the dallas location and our abuse is minimal. There are other problems as well, perhaps we are used with EU DCs, I don't know, people seem to be happy with them.

Thanked by 2vimalware Lee

@sleddog and everyone else:

42 VPS left to be migrated (at the time of writing this). Right now it is doing 5-6 at a time with the usual batch taking up to 4-5 hours(sometimes less). We want to restore service ASAP and we will compensate with free time till end of the year(same as ByteShack customers, to whom we sent an email)

@TheOnlyDK It really does not depend on me, but i'll do my best to have this sorted ASAP. If your VM is running, can't you do "shutdown -r now" to reboot it as you wish?

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @Radi said:

42 VPS left to be migrated (at the time of writing this). Right now it is doing 5-6 at a time with the usual batch taking up to 4-5 hours(sometimes less). We want to restore service ASAP and we will compensate with free time till end of the year(same as ByteShack customers, to whom we sent an email)

@TheOnlyDK It really does not depend on me, but i'll do my best to have this sorted ASAP. If your VM is running, can't you do "shutdown -r now" to reboot it as you wish?

I need to reinstall not reboot.

@TheOnlyDK - Ah, sorry. I thought you are someone else. Anyway, I'll try to get this fixed ASAP.

• Radi said: 42 VPS left to be migrated (at the time of writing this). Right now it is doing 5-6 at a time with the usual batch taking up to 4-5 hours(sometimes less).

Thank you!

So maybe something just under 2 days to complete.

Please update us again tomorrow... :)

• @Radi said:

That more than enough!!! good luck

• BeardyUnixGuy said: Plus, honestly, how many LET providers would give three months of free hosting in response to one month of downtime?

If people are willing to wait despite an outage for a month then it tells me two things:

1. Whatever they are using the service for has no importance.
    2. The price is too good to migrate away.

Sounds a bit like GVH to be honest.

And I just hope it does not end badly with Incero who have little tolerance for abuse.

Thanked by 1tommy
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2016

Lee said: Whatever they are using the service for has no importance. The price is too good to migrate away. Sounds a bit like GVH to be honest.

In fact, it is not at all like GHV. Johnny was ignorant, liar, mythomaniac, providing a service often shitty with no real expectations for long-living because of the extremely low prices and incredible high specs... It was nice till it lasted (huge ram, huge disks, huge bandwidth, no guarantee at all)!

@DrServer is not like that: He is not so cheap, in fact, more expensive than most of the low end providers here and he offers a real good and stable service (when online :P ).
    The reason that most of the people here are willing to stay with him, is IMO that Andrej has very good communication and PR skills. He do take a personal approach to his clients (at least, a while ago, now that his company growed a lot I suppose he has not the time to be so close as was before with long skype talks and personal conversations) and he is willing to refund or give plenty of extra free time in case of a catastrophic scenario.
    If one of his clients do know what he wants, then, he keeps often enough backups and in an incident like this, he has already deployed temporary services elsewhere until his services come back online.

As an example, I had a similar experience with @AnthonySmith. I had a primary server of mine in Miami location. After those servers disappeared, I deployed a temporary one in another provider to be online and waited for Inception Hosting to bring back the old server online or deploy a new one.
    After the loss of the data, witch I didn't mind because I had backups, i moved back my service to IH. Anthony always offers a very stable, fast and nice service for the price, so, I prefer to use that kind of hosters having in mind that I have to keep my backups to sleep peacefully!

• From_XpsFrom_Xps Member
    edited September 2016

@Lee said:

BeardyUnixGuy said: Plus, honestly, how many LET providers would give three months of free hosting in response to one month of downtime?

If people are willing to wait despite an outage for a month then it tells me two things:

1. Whatever they are using the service for has no importance.
    2. The price is too good to migrate away.

Sounds a bit like GVH to be honest.

And I just hope it does not end badly with Incero who have little tolerance for abuse.

GVH was a nightmare, even for a cheap backup storage vps. I had very good experience with drserver. All is good If it doesn't happen again.

Thanked by 1ATHK

Update:

Batch of 8 is running.

17 more left.

Andrej said that there will be one more migration for the VPS-es that were migrated, but we will warn you in advance, since right now this is spare hardware.

Thanked by 1YellowHummingbird
  • @Radi said:
    Update:

Batch of 8 is running.

17 more left.

Andrej said that there will be one more migration for the VPS-es that were migrated, but we will warn you in advance, since right now this is spare hardware.

Thanks for the update! I was wondering if it's also possible to have an update on the Byteshack server provisioning (relating to the email that was recently sent out about the new hardware), please. I'm not particularly in a rush, but just thought I'd ask.

@YellowHummingbird We will be getting back to that soon. We had only 3-4 tickets out of quite a few customers with decisions. I've decided to fix the XenStorage problem now and will get back to the ByteShack tickets soon. You aren't forgotten!

• @Radi said:
    @YellowHummingbird We will be getting back to that soon. We had only 3-4 tickets out of quite a few customers with decisions. I've decided to fix the XenStorage problem now and will get back to the ByteShack tickets soon. You aren't forgotten!

Thanks! Yeah, I understand - it must be very busy right now. Best of luck with the situation :)

Thank you! I'll do my best to ensure everything is right in the end. If it's not right - then it's not the end. We will get out of this situation. Thanks for all users' understanding and once again I am sorry for the inconveniences caused to you.

I have good news.

There's been a change of plans and the other scheduled migration which was to occur won't happen. The spare hardware has been repurposed and will now house the migrated VPS-es. Also expect some very very interesting things regarding XenStorage soon. :) :)

Last batch of 8 is running and 4 other VPS left. I estimate this to be complete today in few hours or tomorrow. After it is done, we will do check of data integrity and suspend the old servers. You will get notice with your new IP address(sorry for that, there was no other way to make this fast) and have some time to change DNS-es etc. Your old server will be booted during this time if you need it ONLY on request, to prevent high node load occuring again. The unmigrated VPS will be brought online ASAP after everything is completed.

• goodonegoodone Member
    edited September 2016

@Radi said:
    I have good news.

There's been a change of plans and the other scheduled migration which was to occur won't happen. The spare hardware has been repurposed and will now house the migrated VPS-es. Also expect some very very interesting things regarding XenStorage soon. :) :)

Last batch of 8 is running and 4 other VPS left. I estimate this to be complete today in few hours or tomorrow. After it is done, we will do check of data integrity and suspend the old servers. You will get notice with your new IP address(sorry for that, there was no other way to make this fast) and have some time to change DNS-es etc. Your old server will be booted during this time if you need it ONLY on request, to prevent high node load occuring again. The unmigrated VPS will be brought online ASAP after everything is completed.

Does it mean we lose all data?. :/

• Radi said: Also expect some very very interesting things regarding XenStorage soon. :) :)

let's talk about it later after everything done. No one interest about future relationship with drserver if they failed hard this time.

LOOK AT !!. They change IP address without notification at all (except LET POST)

goodone said: Does it mean we lose all data?. :/

after down for soooo long what do you expect?

Thanked by 2Nekki Lee
  • @Radi said:
    I have good news.

Not as bad as sending out pop-tarts while customers are still struggling, but come on son, there's a time and a place and this really isn't it.

Thanked by 3MikeA Lee lontong

@tommy said:

Radi said: Also expect some very very interesting things regarding XenStorage soon. :) :)

let's talk about it later after everything done. No one interest about future relationship with drserver if they failed hard this time.

Of course we will talk about it, after all those things are fixed.

LOOK AT !!. They change IP address without notification at all (except LET POST)

Notification will be sent out after migrations are complete. Old server will stay for 2-3 weeks and can be booted on request.

goodone said: Does it mean we lose all data?. :/

XenStorage data is intact. ByteShack Dallas on the hand was unrecoverable. We have sent out email to the affected people detailing their options.

• I am yet to receive any update on my ticket @Radi @DrServer, my ticket is still open and I am patiently waiting for any notification. Ticket number 323498. And now my Xenstorage has been down for the last 2 days too. Guess I just having a string of bad luck! :(