Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DrServer.Net AbusiveCores Server downtime - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DrServer.Net AbusiveCores Server downtime

Comments

• here situation is same, dallas is also down now, having issue in dallas. hope they will issue incerno based vps issue soon. as incerno is backbone of drserver.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Hello guys. Servers will be returned. Also Dallas deployment will be ready to accept people very very soon.

Update: We are running Raid check and there is possible Raid rebuilt. We expect slower I/O for some time.

Thanked by 2vimalware FrankZ
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

So, my Storage VPS died died, eh.

@Neoon Is it pingable?

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited September 2016

@DewlanceVPS said:

@vimalware said:
    drServer has never been abusive to a customer, to my knowledge.

Go back to drama school.

Stop your drama, I did not say anything against DrServer. I never use their service so my comment was only for joking but your type of peoples always ready to start drama. Draft is still save and I was mention that I am not saying anything against Drserver but I was think peoples have a humor so I removed my last line but I was not know that still 1 person in LET is humor less. You want to show your fake loyalty aka slavery that you like Drserver in pubic so they can give you free credits in your account.

Again my comment was not against DrServer's service, etc but humor less peoples want to show their slavery ;)

Your name is Indian and Indians like you, ..Love to show loyalty/slavery so why our country is still not counted in developed country.

vimalslaveware.

Taking a page out of @Nekki's play book, I have the following words of wisdom to share, and a video to drive the point home -

Shut up, cunt!

Read the fucking dictionary and check the definitions of the words 'loyalty' and 'slavery' before you decide to share your dimwitted drab the next time.

And please, do yourself a favor and crawl back in where your crawled out of.

Thanked by 1Riz
  • Well, I have a yearly storage xen box since may '14 with dr. server and just cancelled my renewing due to down time. Goodbye old friend...

• imchandaveimchandave Member
    edited September 2016

Well, my XenStorage was rebooted (not by me) uncleanly.

Had to restart in rescue mode and currently fsck'ing a 150GB disk image (started Sep 14 around 00:00 UTC).

This is going to take forever if they are also rebuilding the RAID system.

• Any happy news for anyone? :(
    still dead...

• No, just wake up and see that situation is same as it is like last day. It is our shared host vps, and hundreds of client inside it, we are facing client related issues. DrServer should resolve incero issue as soon as psosible.

• keep calm everybody, it takes few more day.

• Who will actually stay with a host that has one or two weeks of downtime???
    I had left if the downtime was one day (as I did with Iwstack). Don't understand why people stay...

Thanked by 1switsys
  • myhken said: Don't understand why people stay...

because it's cheap and may have been reliable for a long time?

incidents may happen everywhere, so there might not always be the need to actually run, but always be prepared to get around problems for a while by yourself.

that said, I do believe a lot of people don't have proper fallback options and strategies to restore their (clients) data elsewhere if shit hits the fan...

if there are viable client pages running in production on a server I think one should at least be able to spin up an instance at DO, vultr, linode, whatever to get things up an running while waiting for the provider to sort out the mess.

otherwise you yourself are in no way better than the provider you are blaming now :-)

• I always has three servers with three different hosts with DNS failover. And of course daily backups, so I can start over again on any host within a couple of hours.

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited September 2016

@DewlanceVPS said:

@vimalware said:
    drServer has never been abusive to a customer, to my knowledge.

Go back to drama school.

Stop your drama, I did not say anything against DrServer. I never use their service so my comment was only for joking but your type of peoples always ready to start drama. Draft is still save and I was mention that I am not saying anything against Drserver but I was think peoples have a humor so I removed my last line but I was not know that still 1 person in LET is humor less. You want to show your fake loyalty aka slavery that you like Drserver in pubic so they can give you free credits in your account.

Again my comment was not against DrServer's service, etc but humor less peoples want to show their slavery ;)

Your name is Indian and Indians like you, ..Love to show loyalty/slavery so why our country is still not counted in developed country.

vimalslaveware.

Dude I don't know you i will say this pls don't write things that you don't even understand. I suggest you to take a break & improve you communication skills. Then you can curse and argue with everyone.

Don't talk about India & Indians.

Thanked by 1mycosys
  • My xenstorage is down. It went offline 20/22 hrs ago.

• Same... Still down. And no response from skype. Are they working to fix?.

• @myhken said:
    I always has three servers with three different hosts with DNS failover. And of course daily backups, so I can start over again on any host within a couple of hours.

haha sorry, no offense meant, that you in my post wasn't meant for you ;-)
    more like those complaining that their customers are coming after 'em...

Thanked by 3myhken vimalware FrankZ
  • Anna_ParkerAnna_Parker Member
    edited September 2016

My XenStorage 23.92.. is finally working, but it works like Pentium 166 MHz + floppy disk. ;-)))

EDIT: And it's stopped/crashed...

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Hi Everyone.

This is really bad month for us. Here is what happened with XS.

Raid got in Check state which slowed down everything and basically caused extremely high loads due I/O wait. We have waited raid to resync to preserve data and that process is done now. However we have preformed forced reboot after sync was done. At this very moment there are 1/2 XS VPS servers online. We are waiting for I/O to lower to start 2nd batch. Lots of servers are running FSCK on startup due bad inodes. That is current problem and that is killing I/O.

Update regarding Byteshacks.

Incero Rack is alive. Servers are racked and tested. Byteshack customers are getting moved there one by one. Check your tickets.

Regarding data recovery

Unfortunately we will not be able to recover all customers. Most of Small VPS plans are backed up daily so we have latest copies of some customers. Those will be restored on new hardware.

Once again, i am terribly sorry for all inconvenience that drServer caused.
    All affected customers with Byteshack / Abusive Cores VPS servers will be credited till 1.1.2017. with free plan upgrade.

Please open ticket for all other infos.

• hopes everyone has their own backup :P I've moved somewhere else after 7 hours + downtime.

2 day + keep counting

• @drserver said:
    Hi Everyone.

This is really bad month for us. Here is what happened with XS.

Raid got in Check state which slowed down everything and basically caused extremely high loads due I/O wait. We have waited raid to resync to preserve data and that process is done now. However we have preformed forced reboot after sync was done. At this very moment there are 1/2 XS VPS servers online. We are waiting for I/O to lower to start 2nd batch. Lots of servers are running FSCK on startup due bad inodes. That is current problem and that is killing I/O.

Update regarding Byteshacks.

Incero Rack is alive. Servers are racked and tested. Byteshack customers are getting moved there one by one. Check your tickets.

Regarding data recovery

Unfortunately we will not be able to recover all customers. Most of Small VPS plans are backed up daily so we have latest copies of some customers. Those will be restored on new hardware.

Once again, i am terribly sorry for all inconvenience that drServer caused.
    All affected customers with Byteshack / Abusive Cores VPS servers will be credited till 1.1.2017. with free plan upgrade.

Please open ticket for all other infos.

If incerno is up then why I cant access my vps via SFTP or SSH?

• VPS is pinging, but can't SSH, possibly due to high load.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, still offline, can be restarted but dosent ping.

• My XenStorage is back up and ssh'able. I/O is better but still slow.
    This is only the second issue in 2 1/2 years I've had with XS, both RAID related.
    More important for me is when it is up it is really good.
    I don't understand why everyone is bailing on this $20 a year storage server.

Thanked by 3Falzo Ndha PrColo
  • @FrankZ said:
    My XenStorage is back up and ssh'able. I/O is better but still slow.
    This is only the second issue in 2 1/2 years I've had with XS, both RAID related.
    More important for me is when it is up it is really good.
    I don't understand why everyone is bailing on this $20 a year storage server.

Good to know bro.
    But I am still under water :( hope to get back online soon.

• Mine still won't start :(

• i am in trouble, vps is still down. it is hurting my life and remain offline will ruin

• @Dilstar said:
    i am in trouble, vps is still down. it is hurting my life and remain offline will ruin

I suggest not basing your entire operation in which you make money off of a cheap service, idiot.

Thanked by 3vimalware ATHK netomx