Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM/BuyShared downtime - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM/BuyShared downtime

Comments

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@robohost said:

@DewlanceVPS said:
    Please leave me alone, I no longer want to debate on this. I am busy in learning lot of books. I received it from online shopping site. ;)

Please leave this forum, we are busy to read your retarded drama

BuyShared - a crap company with lot of downtime. Owner is careless who don't even care that domain is expired and blame on big company like Enom. Now blaming on upstream provider.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@DewlanceVPS said:

@Lee said:

DewlanceVPS said: Please leave me alone

Gladly, cunt.

You are cunt

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@DewlanceVPS said:
    Please leave me alone, I no longer want to debate on this. I am busy in learning lot of books. I received it from online shopping site. ;)

Don't, don't leave yet. I'll check your servers configuration and a little security then I'll report to this thread, you noob ass.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

MrGeneral said: I'll check your servers configuration and a little security

Shouldn't be hard to find issues, considering that he can't roll out updates to customer facing servers without breaking his own moral code. That would be a production rollout on active servers, he can't do that.

• JarryJarry Member

OT: is it common on this forum? I mean, this kind of "conversation". I came just yesterday, so I'm looking for the best way to blend in...

• LeeLee Veteran

DewlanceVPS said: You are cunt

OMG, there was absolutely no need for that hurtful remark.

• DewlanceVPS said: BuyShared - a crap company with lot of downtime.

DewlanceVPS said: You are cunt

When will AutoBOOT kick in and fix your damn attitude?

Jarry said: OT: is it common on this forum? I mean, this kind of "conversation". I came just yesterday, so I'm looking for the best way to blend in...

Welcome! It is fairly common, yes. We need new people. Please don't leave.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • LeeLee Veteran

jarland said: We need new people. Please don't leave.

Don't sound so desperate :P

@Lee said:

jarland said: We need new people. Please don't leave.

Don't sound so desperate :P

I've got a stick of gum and a bottle of vape liquid. It's yours. Don't leave me alone with drewlance.

Thanked by 1Lee

@jarland said:

MrGeneral said: I'll check your servers configuration and a little security

Shouldn't be hard to find issues, considering that he can't roll out updates to customer facing servers without breaking his own moral code. That would be a production rollout on active servers, he can't do that.

dewlance.com:2087

cPanel? I think I don't even need to investigate further... No serious host should use cPanel in their website / billing panel, just for the sake of any issue that may arrise and their data disappears. I mean, it's just so much better to host it like serious companies do... He seems shady... (trying to act like he does) :P

Anyway, he's a noob.

@DewlanceVPS,

Nice security there.

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=dewlance.com

Could be better, come on... It's a production server.

You're trying too hard @MrGeneral :P

Thanked by 3dimitrisp Hxxx Mathias

@jarland said:
    You're trying too hard @MrGeneral :P

Not actually, just ran a few basic tests, this guy is a noob.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran

@DewlanceVPS said:

Honestly i'm not sure if you are trying to deadpool your provider or if you are drunk. You just made a fool of yourself to be honest.

BuyVM is one of the best providers, a bit of downtime here and there is fine because they are always working to improve their services, their services can't even be compared to your services and that is a fact.

I can't see how an outage caused by their upstream provider due to incorrect ACL's has anything to do with Francisco applying upgrades.

If I was you I would shut up and never post again in LowEndTalk nor LowEndBox, I would hide for this thread to be forgotten because if you achieved anything you harmed your business.

And yeah before you say i'm a shill, no i'm not a shill but i'm neither a BuyVM customer, just an onlooker who sees the improvements that Francisco is doing continuously and never even increasing the prices for his customers.

BuyVM is one of the hosts that just know what they are doing, end of story.

Thanked by 2Foul theroyalstudent

MrGeneral said: Not actually, just ran a few basic tests, this guy is a noob.

I would settle with trying too hard if I were you, because otherwise I'm going to rip this statement a new one and make a new declaration of who is a noob:

MrGeneral said: No serious host should use cPanel in their website / billing panel, just for the sake of any issue that may arrise and their data disappears

:)

Thanked by 2Hxxx Junkless
  • AmitzAmitz Member

I would not encourage anyone to run unsolicited "security tests" on other people's websites.

Thanked by 2Junkless lbft
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2016

@Amitz said:
    I would not encourage anyone to run unsolicited "security tests" on other people's websites.

Why is that? no harm for simple web tests :!

• FoulFoul Member

I'd love to see you rip him a new one Dad!

@jarland said:

MrGeneral said: Not actually, just ran a few basic tests, this guy is a noob.

I would settle with trying too hard if I were you, because otherwise I'm going to rip this statement a new one and make a new declaration of who is a noob:

MrGeneral said: No serious host should use cPanel in their website / billing panel, just for the sake of any issue that may arrise and their data disappears

:)

But it's basic... I run cPanel for webhosting. My company websites do not run in cPanel. Neither does softlayer, vps.net, blablabla. I trust cPanel's a lot, don't get me wrong. Thing is, I'm also a security freak :p

@Amitz said:

Just basic tests, no harm done!

• LeeLee Veteran

MrGeneral said: cPanel? I think I don't even need to investigate further... No serious host should use cPanel in their website / billing panel, just for the sake of any issue that may arrise and their data disappears.

I disagree with that, it's not about what you use but how you use it and whether you are competent in knowing how to.

Thanked by 2Foul PremiumN
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2016

EVM_Mike said: Why is that? no harm for simple web tests :!

I just wanted to ensure that things do not escalate...

Thanked by 2MikeA zafouhar
    edited May 2016

MrGeneral said: Thing is, I'm also a security freak :p

Me too, that's why I pay $15/m for an entire team of people on standby to address any security issues with cPanel. Quite a bargain :)

Of course, anyone can do their own LAMP/LEMP server, that's easy. That said, not everyone has the time to maintain a wealth of varying backends and preferring to keep the fleet configuration in sync is not necessarily a bad thing. I mean, if you can't trust your own cPanel server to host your own stuff, you should rethink providing it to clients.

You'll notice MXroute's WHMCS is behind cPanel and I apologize none. I've got the environment sitting there, may as well put it to use. I know my cPanel security very well.

• HxxxHxxx Member

ok what just happened. ... lol

• AmitzAmitz Member

You bastards. I just bought a cPanel license because it suddenly seemed so sexy to have one. I don't even need it. I am happy with VirtualMin. Damn. You bastards!

Thanked by 2zafouhar vimalware

@jarland said:

MrGeneral said: Thing is, I'm also a security freak :p

Me too, that's why I pay $15/m for an entire team of people on standby to address any security issues with cPanel. Quite a bargain :)

Of course, anyone can do their own LAMP/LEMP server, that's easy. That said, not everyone has the time to maintain a wealth of varying backends and preferring to keep the fleet configuration in sync is not necessarily a bad thing. I mean, if you can't trust your own cPanel server to host your own stuff, you should rethink providing it to clients.

You'll notice MXroute's WHMCS is behind cPanel and I apologize none. I've got the environment sitting there, may as well put it to use. I know my cPanel security very well.

@jarland, I'm a cPanel lover, and their support is top notch. Don't get me wrong. Companies get to a point where hosting their website in a cPanel server isn't ideal. Well, if only you host your website there, then it's safer than sharing it with hundreds of other users. That's more what I meant. :P

I've used cPanel since 2004 and I never had any security issue with it.

• LeeLee Veteran

MrGeneral said: That's more what I meant. :P

Sounded more like you just jumped out of your tower..

• HxxxHxxx Member

This forum can be wild @MrGeneral ... Thread slightly.

Lucky enough the previous guy walked away without a ban. Why would somebody hurt their own reputation? I guess business is not well...

Thanked by 1MikePT