Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM/BuyShared downtime - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM/BuyShared downtime

Comments

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:
    @DewlanceVPS - I think you're mixing something up here. This wasn't a case of tinkering and something went mental. This was Voxility committing an ACL incorrectly and it mixing up the sequence order.

Francisco

I did not say anything about you, My comment was for beginner peoples. I will get nothing by saying about your service.

edited May 2016

@Kris said:

DewlanceVPS said: Production server is not for experiment ;) If anyone do experiment on production server then I want to suggest their customers to keep away from them. If you want to do your experiment then do it on test server.

Lot of dumb and beginners do experiment on their production server. If you want to learn then learn on test server and for improving service you can do it on test server and then apply it on your production server.

You're an idiot. You are misunderstood adding features to his service overall to a single server, like the ones you rent...

Also your example was daft. People know Apache is about as stable as Greek's economy at taking load. Nginx would be better.

If it takes 5 hours to get a web server online after a configuration issue, check your auto-boot, or IQ...

I believe they use LiteSpeed on shared hosting, and while it was just an example, it goes to show you don't know what you're on about.

They thoroughly experiment features before putting them online. No leaks poor performance from their Anycast when it was brought live, and I engineered Anycast routes for 1+ year. Not easy with an uneven AS-PATH.

DewlanceVPS said: This is the reason I do not recommended new company because of they think that production server is for experiment.

This is why I would avoid a wanna-be host who trolls around with poor ESL skills, resulting in a fail post as seen above.

While I think Aldyric has customer service skills on par with an Iranian prison, that's personal. BuyVM is solid, and has features others like yourself could only dream of.

You are stupid, I was only give a example about Apache,Nginix and did not say anything about Apache, Nginix or LightSpeed but you write a big long boring story.

• KrisKris Member

DewlanceVPS said: You are stupid, I was only give a example about Apache,Nginix and did not say anything about Apache, Nginix or LightSpeed but you write a big long boring story.

You're absolutely right.

Down with Nginx and yay with Apache for scaling!

Kindly remit your killer conf files so I can tweak my sites.

• KrisKris Member

Francisco said: it isn't doing anything but slapping some random people around.

It's been one of those days.

@Francisco I am sorry If you are hurt by my comment but this article is good for you however my comment was not for you. It was for new peoples.

@jarland You are best administrator of forum. I realize that I should not do this. Next time I will take care about it and did not post any wrong comment. I should not use language like "dumb", etc even for newbies.

@Kris Also sorry to you If you are hurt by my comment. ;)

• dailydaily Member

Wow @DewlanceVPS you have made a fool of yourself and your company. Let this one be a sign, folks.

@dailymc said:
    Wow @DewlanceVPS you have made a fool of yourself and your company. Let this one be a sign, folks.

I don't know but I regret after saying something bad to anyone. Its a really hurtful specially If that person does not say anything bad to me.

• @dailymc said:

In another thread:

@DewlanceVPS said:
    I never use their service so I can't say anything but they are still using "© 2015" which is suspicious. I mean they do not update year so maybe they are not serious provider.

I hardly sign up with another provider unless it has good reputation, but if the host makes a fool of themselves trying to slam another provider without much justification then maybe they are not so serious provider because they could be spending time more wisely by looking at cat GIFs or doing so proper PR stunts to get more customers.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@DewlanceVPS said:

@Kris said:

DewlanceVPS said: Production server is not for experiment ;) If anyone do experiment on production server then I want to suggest their customers to keep away from them. If you want to do your experiment then do it on test server.

Lot of dumb and beginners do experiment on their production server. If you want to learn then learn on test server and for improving service you can do it on test server and then apply it on your production server.

You're an idiot. You are misunderstood adding features to his service overall to a single server, like the ones you rent...

Also your example was daft. People know Apache is about as stable as Greek's economy at taking load. Nginx would be better.

If it takes 5 hours to get a web server online after a configuration issue, check your auto-boot, or IQ...

I believe they use LiteSpeed on shared hosting, and while it was just an example, it goes to show you don't know what you're on about.

They thoroughly experiment features before putting them online. No leaks poor performance from their Anycast when it was brought live, and I engineered Anycast routes for 1+ year. Not easy with an uneven AS-PATH.

DewlanceVPS said: This is the reason I do not recommended new company because of they think that production server is for experiment.

This is why I would avoid a wanna-be host who trolls around with poor ESL skills, resulting in a fail post as seen above.

While I think Aldyric has customer service skills on par with an Iranian prison, that's personal. BuyVM is solid, and has features others like yourself could only dream of.

You are stupid, I was only give a example about Apache,Nginix and did not say anything about Apache, Nginix or LightSpeed but you write a big long boring story.

BTW it's Nginx and LiteSpeed. Man, you're so much of a noob. Seriously.

Thanked by 2Kris ihatetonyy
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

DewlanceVPS said: @Francisco I am sorry If you are hurt by my comment but this article is good for you however my comment was not for you. It was for new peoples.

You can't seriously think you hurt my feelings right? Man, I've been in this field for way too many years to have that thin of a skin.

I had an ex employer try to throw a monitor at my head.

Francisco

edited May 2016

@Francisco said:

DewlanceVPS said: @Francisco I am sorry If you are hurt by my comment but this article is good for you however my comment was not for you. It was for new peoples.

You can't seriously think you hurt my feelings right? Man, I've been in this field for way too many years to have that thin of a skin.

I had an ex employer try to throw a monitor at my head.

Francisco

Really? I think you should share that story with us one day... :P

@Francisco
    1. Why your server was down for 5 hours?

2. Why your domain was expired, It was your fault or domain registrar?

3. I still regret about my previous comment that I use word like "beginner" but I my all other claim is valid like you should not do experiment on production server.

I still suggest you to do not do a experiment on production server.

My apology was only for saying "beginner" and yes still I regret that I use this type of word.

• dailydaily Member

@DewlanceVPS said:
    @Francisco
    1. Why your server was down for 5 hours?

2. Why your domain was expired, It was your fault or domain registrar?

3. I still regret about my previous comment that I use word like "beginner" but I my all other claim is valid like you should not do experiment on production server.

My apology was only for saying "beginner" and yes still I regret that I use this type of word.

Okay there is a large misunderstanding, and it's really hurting your reputation. None of this was @Francisco's fault.

Thanked by 2Kris MikePT
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2016

@DewlanceVPS said:

>

Son, every production deployment is an experiment to some degree. Anyone who isn't deploying new things would never know that. You can test and test and test, but you will never rule out all human imperfections to ensure 100% successful production deployments of everything. Computers (software and hardware) are no more perfect than their creators.

People who talk about never making mistakes reveal themselves easily, as people who never take risks and never develop new things. You'll find me talking the same way a few years ago, because I didn't have the experience to know better.

It's easy to spot armchair experts, they haven't been humbled by their mistakes.

Thanked by 3MikePT vimalware Four20
    edited May 2016

@jarland said:

@DewlanceVPS said:

>

Son, every production deployment is an experiment to some degree. Anyone who isn't deploying new things would never know that. You can test and test and test, but you will never rule out all human imperfections to ensure 100% successful production deployments of everything. Computers (software and hardware) are no more perfect than their creators.

People who talk about never making mistakes reveal themselves easily, as people who never take risks and never develop new things. You'll find me talking the same way a few years ago, because I didn't have the experience to know better.

It's easy to spot armchair experts, they haven't been humbled by their mistakes.

Take a risk on important data of your customer? If you really want to take a risk then take risk on your own, purchase new server, spend money and take risk on that server instead of taking risk on customer's data.

You can make a copy of your production server and then do your experiment on your test server.

1. Take a risk on production server is really a big joke that you want to improve your service by shutting down website/server of your customer.

2. Hours of downtime due to your experiment.

Exactly what I mean. They give themselves away so easily.

Thanked by 2Kris MikePT
  • KrisKris Member

I love the ninja edits to make himself look less of a div.

It's just adding to it that he's recited the thread and adding a list one edit at a time. The derp is strong in this one.

Beware of Dewlance Hosting, you will be choosing a right idiot with the reading and writing comprehension of SmarterChild.

Wait, actually SmarterChild could form a sentence, nevermind.

Thanked by 3jar MikePT ATHK
    edited May 2016

@Kris said:
    I love the ninja edits to make himself look less of a div.

It's just adding to it that he's recited the thread and adding a list one edit at a time. The derp is strong in this one.

Beware of Dewlance Hosting, you will be choosing a right idiot with the reading and writing comprehension of SmarterChild.

Wait, actually SmarterChild could form a sentence, nevermind.

Post comment from fake accounts to hide reason that why your server was down and use abusive language from your 1st, 10th fake accounts.

1. Why to much downtime? "Server is down due to our experiment, We're improving - BuyShared." haha..

• david_Wdavid_W Member

Looks like badas*PR marketing strategy is getting very popular in LET, or we just need some drama?

Still miss Mark's professional version, this one is kind of too low...

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • KrisKris Member
    edited May 2016

Going to just add that before he edits.

Yes, I am @Francisco. I have also masqueraded as an angry sysadmin who has lived both on the East and West coasts for a decade.

You have reached a new level of stupidity. I feel an award of some order is due.

-Not Francisco.

edited May 2016

@Kris said:

Yes, I am @Francisco. I have also masqueraded as an angry sysadmin who has lived both on the East and West coasts for a decade.

You have reached a new level of stupidity. I feel an award of some order is due.

-Francisco.

Dear buyshared, why your server was down from 5+ hours? This is your daily routine? I am not using PR improving method. I have a rights to ask because of I am customer of a BuyShared.

@DewlanceVPS said:

@Kris said:

-Francisco.

Dear buyshared, why your server was down from 5 hours+? This is your daily routine? I am not using PR improving method. I have a rights to ask because of I am customer of a BuyShared.

It wasn't, our main website was out for about an hour due to Voxility if you actually read the thread.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Kris

@DewlanceVPS said:
    Dear buyshared, why your server was down from 5+ hours? This is your daily routine? I am not using PR improving method. I have a rights to ask because of I am customer of a BuyShared.

• FoulFoul Member

DewlanceVPS said: 1. Why to much downtime? "Server is down due to our experiment, We're improving - BuyShared." haha..

Stop reading between the lines and read the whole damn thing.

It's not buyshared fault that Vox decided to have ACL issues and it only impacted those using Filtered IP's.

Thanked by 2ChrisMiller Kris
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@DewlanceVPS said:

Your account hacked?

I dunno, this is just...confusing.

Francisco

Wow, lot of fake accounts with lot of fake company.

and Lot of downtime with BuyShared, KnownHost Fake Retard company.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent

@DewlanceVPS said:
    Wow, lot of fake accounts with lot of fake company.

Not only you deserve to get banned due to your false accusations, as you should lose your Provider tag. You are incredibly, fucking stupid.

• FoulFoul Member

DewlanceVPS said: Wow, lot of fake accounts with lot of fake company.

You shouldn't be on LET at all if you're this belligerent, lol.

Thanked by 2MikePT doghouch