Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Scalaway C2 Intel Avoton based dedicated server - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Scalaway C2 Intel Avoton based dedicated server

123457»

Comments

• tommytommy Member

@Spacedust said:
    I wish there would be C2S with 250 GB SSD disk in a bit higher pricing so I can replace my XC SSD ;)

+4 euro

• wow but still in waiting list

• jlayjlay Member
    edited March 2016

I got my account, had to wait on the list for a day or two.

Spun up a few servers to play with so far, not bad! Had some issues with ARM availability, but I got one eventually. Would love to see CentOS make its way to the x86 dedicated boxes. Not a fan of Debian/Ubuntu personally. I settled for Fedora on the ARM server haha.

Anybody know if you can import images with their system? Seems like their imaging is only useful to build servers from snapshots.. Which limits you to their image choices. I'd make a CentOS image if it were possible to import new ones.

• snacsnac Member

For those in North America, what's the ping/speeds like to Scaleway?

• agonyztagonyzt Member
    edited March 2016

@snac Pretty bad for me. Using my work connection, speed varies between 700KB/s and 3MB/s depending on the time of the day. However, when I tunnel the traffic through my OVH BHS server, I get speed around 20MB/s...

• The minimum plan is anywhere close for production ?

• snacsnac Member

@agonyzt said:
    snac Pretty bad for me. Using my work connection, speed varies between 700KB/s and 3MB/s depending on the time of the day. However, when I tunnel the traffic through my OVH BHS server, I get speed around 20MB/s...

Ah that's unfortunate. Low price to mess around with things I suppose. I used to have a VPS in Paris, pings were around 200ms so it wasn't ideal to host anything on it.

• AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited March 2016

@snac said:
    Ah that's unfortunate. Low price to mess around with things I suppose. I used to have a VPS in Paris, pings were around 200ms so it wasn't ideal to host anything on it.

They have very limited/if any peering across the pond. OVH BHS has some good peering and also peers directly with online.net via their own network so using BHS as a hop would get you direct to online.net a lot better than using the providers online.net has coming in.

• VbroVbro Member

Finally I found the way to access my server with putty ssh key. But how can I access my server with root & password?

I tried with sudo passwd root, but it wont work.
    Please help me. This gave me headache :(

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@Vbro said:
    Finally I found the way to access my server with putty ssh key. But how can I access my server with root & password?

I tried with sudo passwd root, but it wont work.
    Please help me. This gave me headache :(

You need to update/use default sshd_conf which it does allow direct login.

Thanked by 1Vbro
  • VbroVbro Member

@AlbaHost said:
    You need to update/use default sshd_conf which it does allow direct login.

Thanks. It worked.