Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Scalaway C2 Intel Avoton based dedicated server - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Scalaway C2 Intel Avoton based dedicated server

Comments

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

@yueke pm me your email, first name and lastname to send you the invite!

Thanked by 1satazor
  • As it's x86/x64 I wonder is somehow installation of Windows possible?

• cassacassa Member

@Setsura said:
    I actually have this, I may dump it for scaleway version instead as I could scale the disk and the IPs are cheaper than main online brand lol.

I looks like I can't add a second IP to my C2*, but maybe I'm blind. If anyone finds a way, please let me know.

• Anna_ParkerAnna_Parker Member
    edited March 2016

@cassa I had the same problem few months ago, so seems nothing changed. Here's the reply I've got:

Hello,

Currently only one public IP per server can be assigned.

Regards,
    Benedikt
    Scaleway Technician

Thanked by 1cassa
  • tommytommy Member

people must jealous of me!

some random people will PM me :P

Price details :
    C2

Price:  Monthly Hourly
    IP  €0.99   €0.002
    Server  €10 €0.02
    Storage €1  €0.002
    Total   €11.99  €0.024

C1&C3

Price:  Monthly Hourly
    IP  €0.99   €0.002
    Server  €1  €0.002
    Storage €1  €0.002
    Total   €2.99   €0.006

• @tommy

No at all

Thanked by 2Lee creep
  • @info_hash said:
    They are making money with both. The low end shit as you call it is fully automated they need a tech to take care of hardware issues but can handle a LOT of customers with no manual action... Once it's setup, it's easy money coming to the boss pockets...

Why do you think someone like Quadranet would buy Crissic and then effectively shut it down? Why are Online.net almost always out of stock on their low end stuff if it's so profitable. I think you drastically overestimate the margins in these things.

• nfnnfn Veteran

So what do you guys think about C2S or C2M CPU performance? Are theses compared with a VPS?

• ManofServerManofServer Member
    edited March 2016

@nfn said:
    So what do you guys think about C2S or C2M CPU performance? Are theses compared with a VPS?

They are much faster and you get 4 or 8 fully dedicated cores you can use 100% of the time.

• @cassa said:
    I looks like I can't add a second IP to my C2*, but maybe I'm blind. If anyone finds a way, please let me know.

Yeah you are right, I sorta just assumed you could attach more than one, kinda lame.

• iwaswrongonce said: Why are Online.net almost always out of stock on their low end stuff if it's so profitable.

Because they need to buy and install hardware to scale as the demand grows?
    They are trying to hire workers right now and did move to new, bigger building... They are growing. Their boss is not known to work to loose money, he's more into business than Oles was... I don't think they do this whole scaleway thing to get known and sell their higher end stuff. Not that they won't be happy if this helps them sell the expensive crap, and of course a LowEndCustomer might turn to them later on if/when in need of some powerful stuff, but I think even the small thing is profitable, even though the profit margin might be way smaller than on the high end stuff...

• ssh key never worked.

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2016

@tenpera said:
    ssh key never worked.

I have had problem with debian wheezy only that the ssh key was not working, otherwise in debian jessie or ubuntu etc was working fine.

• eKoeKo Member

Hello, Please someone could send an Invite to buy one of these? thank you!

• @AlbaHost was that it? I just wasted $0.10..:)

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@tenpera said:
    AlbaHost was that it? I just wasted $0.10..:)

Yeah that's it.

• @AlbaHost it worked! thanks..

• Does anyone have the largest one? Can you actually push 800mbit outbound?

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

@eKo please pm me with email, first name, lastname

• xrzxrz Member
    edited March 2016

@linuxfetish

root@-:/# python speedtest_cli.py

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Testing from Free SAS (...*)...
    Selecting best server based on latency...
    Hosted by NEOTELECOMS (Paris) [1.59 km]: 2.287 ms
    Testing download speed........................................
    Download: 933.58 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed..................................................
    Upload: 506.82 Mbit/s

Thanked by 2cassa linuxthefish
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited March 2016

Did anyone try to install virtualization on small or/and large server? Proxmox and/or Virtualbox/qemu?

• AmitzAmitz Member

How shall I consider the current Scaleway offers? As beta? Or would you say that they are meant and already usable for "production"?

Thanked by 1drazilox
  • Amitz said: How shall I consider the current Scaleway offers? As beta? Or would you say that they are meant and already usable for "production"?

One thing I know, is that they don't promote it as "beta" ot "test", but more of like the "new big thing". "Discover a new cloud experience" they say!

• apidevlab said: No PayPal

You'll be glad to not have PayPal. Credit Card has accurate currency conversions unlike PayPal.

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep

Compared the C2 for 12€ per month to DigitalOcean $10 VPS with a simple sysbench. 1.7 seconds vs 7.2 seconds, not to mention the ram. I guess I'm moving :)

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • @jvnadr said:
    Did anyone try to install virtualization on small or/and large server? Proxmox and/or Virtualbox/qemu?

Yes, proxmox failed probably because they don't boot a local kernel, cloudmin failed to install the KVM modules into the kernel.

There is someone on the scaleway forum that got freeBSD to boot but They haven't yet written the guide so I don't know how they managed it.

• @dragon2611 I installed qemu and right now I am setting up a debian 8 image with virtmanager. Qemu can recognize vt-x in the cpu and the installation seems to go smoothly. The host machine setup is ubuntu 14.04 with xfce desktop. I'll post something when the vm installation finish.

• eKoeKo Member

@gleert said:
    eKo please pm me with email, first name, lastname

PM'ed.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Anyone has invites left? I could get a server or two :)