Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Scalaway C2 Intel Avoton based dedicated server - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Scalaway C2 Intel Avoton based dedicated server

Comments

• rm_ said: It is not on a separate port on the C1 ARM, and on the new ones the NIC is 2500 Mbit so it won't bottleneck the Internet bandwidth at the same time with storage access.

Oh, are they limited to the listed speeds for internet access? I thought it was like the port/"guaranteed" bandwidth with the regular servers.

• Very powerful servers.
    Running Giga Blast for testing so far Page Crawl 121118.
    I will run few more machines for testing :)

• They have an odd configuration where the public IP and network info doesn't show up on netstat -nr or ifconfig.

The only thing visible on ifconfig and netstat is the private IP net info.

• @globalRegisters said:
    They have an odd configuration where the public IP and network info doesn't show up on netstat -nr or ifconfig.

The only thing visible on ifconfig and netstat is the private IP net info.

Isn't that just a 1:1 NAT? I don't think that is so unusual.

• @Setsura said:
    Isn't that just a 1:1 NAT? I don't think that is so unusual.

@Setsura I haven't seen that before, but your right, that's exactly what it is.

Regardless, it screws up my install scripts since they get info from ifconfig and such.

• @globalRegisters said:
    Regardless, it screws up my install scripts since they get info from ifconfig and such.

Yeah that could be annoying, maybe modify them to grab your external IP via some curl -s http://my.ip.fi or something?

• @Setsura said:
    Yeah that could be annoying, maybe modify them to grab your external IP via some curl -s http://my.ip.fi or something?

Good point, that or just hard code the new IP into a variable.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited March 2016

@globalRegisters said:
    Good point, that or just hard code the new IP into a variable.

Eh, if it works it works. I'm guilty of some pretty ghetto scripts myself.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • You'd better use : oc-metadata | grep PUBLIC_IP_ADDRESS :)

Mik

Thanked by 1globalRegisters
  • boernd said: It seems the C2L is not hard capped to 800mbit/s...

Is that to outside the online.net network or to another scaleway?

• @linuxthefish said:
    Is that to outside the online.net network or to another scaleway?

outside, to multiple vps from different providers :)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @boernd said:
    It seems the C2L is not hard capped to 800mbit/s...

they not capped to 800mbit/s

Thanked by 1muratai
  • Invite only model sucqs big time.

• Would plex run on the 2,99 VPS one? that could be interresting..

• @Tripleflix said:
    Would plex run on the 2,99 VPS one? that could be interresting..

Barely. 1080p get stuck.

• _Nic_Nic Member

Can anybody provide dowload link for testitng internal bandwidth on C2?

• I think IPv6 will be added very soon. On their new website is stated that VPS and C2 have IPv6, while C1 does not have IPv6. https://www.scaleway.com/faq/server/

Right now there is no IPv6 for any server, and it makes me think they will add IPv6 for VPS and C2 (not ARM) quite soon.

• @_Nic said:
    Can anybody provide dowload link for testitng internal bandwidth on C2?

You can have a free 20min instance here to test whatever you want : www.instantcloud.io

• default said: I think IPv6 will be added very soon. On their new website is stated that VPS and C2 have IPv6, while C1 does not have IPv6. https://www.scaleway.com/faq/server/

>

Yes, it's coming very soon !

• @abermingham said:

Please provide centos... online.net support centos os for the avoton dedicated servers. Why there so hard to get. I wait more then a year for this...

Thanks!

• abermingham said: Yes, it's coming very soon !

how about windows?

• How about FreeBSD?

• AmitzAmitz Member

And Workbench 1.3 with a modified Kickstart?

Thanked by 1cassa
  • What is the profit of 50Gb LSSD in C2L plan? By removing this, one can save 1 euro for a coffee cup :)

• @abermingham availability to use custom kernel to C2 instances would be great and ignite the value per cost for those servers! Please, work on that!

• jvnadr said: @abermingham availability to use custom kernel to C2 instances would be great and ignite the value per cost for those servers! Please, work on that!

Don't they use some proprietary 2.5Gbps network card? I doubt you have a driver for that. What does lspci say on one of these? Which driver is used for the network card?

• @rds100 said:
    Don't they use some proprietary 2.5Gbps network card? I doubt you have a driver for that. What does lspci say on one of these? Which driver is used for the network card?

I deleted mine but they are Intel NICs, integrated ones. You can see at the Intel ARK page: http://ark.intel.com/products/77987/Intel-Atom-Processor-C2750-4M-Cache-2_40-GHz

Integrated LAN 4x1 or 4x2.5 GbE

• Can anyone post output of ethtool eth0 ?

• I wish there would be C2S with 250 GB SSD disk in a bit higher pricing so I can replace my XC SSD ;)

• hawkjohn7hawkjohn7 Member
    edited March 2016

@Spacedust said:
    I wish there would be C2S with 250 GB SSD disk in a bit higher pricing so I can replace my XC SSD ;)

Just add 250Gb ssd, and all is well