Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nexhost Dallas refund - anyone received it? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nexhost Dallas refund - anyone received it?

Comments

• @ManofServer said:
    Anyone notice ChairHosting is missing from chat?

Hello

We've been quite busy recently :)

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2016

raindog308 said: What is the script that runs on drop.jarland.me ?

What @MarkTurner said. I'm thinking of switching back to Dropshare though, I go back and forth. The only thing I like better about Droplr, really, is that I can use it as a generic URL shortener for pages I'm on, like this:

http://drop.jarland.me/114pG

But for images and screencasts, Dropshare is a one time app cost and it can just SCP the files to my own server.

Here's a Dropshare sample:

http://d.jarland.me/s/zE8tMbqqKO.png

• why did people sign up with a host run by a member of hackforums anyway :/

Thanked by 2jar MikeA
  • LeeLee Veteran

Stevie said: He said he is gonna kill himself

I spat out a lol when I read that. Hate me if you like, I don't care :P

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @jarland said: I'm thinking of switching back to Dropshare though

It's pretty awesome, I use the screen recording function a lot :)

https://upload.obj.space/Screen-Recording-2016-02-20-15-21-45.mp4

Thanked by 1jar
  • Used CloudApp for the longest time, I gave them 2 years to implement multiple domain aliases, and they did nothing, while raising prices insanely.

Not renewing, and Dropshare (especially the new version, last week?) is amazing.

Multiple places to upload, you can control your own domain aliases, etc.

Good call on the ban. Someone needs to me smack that kid's elementary school teacher. The arbitrary capitalizing of ever other word was plain annoying, I gave up reading 2 pages in.

• @Kris said:
    Good call on the ban. Someone needs to me smack that kid's elementary school teacher. The arbitrary capitalizing of ever other word was plain annoying, I gave up reading 2 pages in.

It was requested by himself but honestly, even if he didn't request it I expect it was coming sooner or later.

• IThinkUFailed said: It was requested by himself but honestly, even if he didn't request it I expect it was coming sooner or later.

I quote the title of a decade old song : The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage

Don't give him the attention, let him putter out. Hopefully this will get closed enough, and his 15 minutes are done.

If possible, just keep submitting chargebacks (from CC) to his Paypal or file proper claims. First way will get him closed after 2-3, but the algorithm will get him soon enough with X number of complaints over Y time. Bombard them.

• @Kris said:

Kris said: The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage

But I swear to shake it up, if you swear to listen...

I agree if you really don't get a refund, dispute via your card issuer and cause headaches for him like he has for you.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • IThinkUFailed said: I agree if you really don't get a refund, dispute via your card issuer and cause headaches for him like he has for you.

More not buying his bullshit and getting a proper refund.

Paypal gets hit with fees per chargeback. 3-4 and no more eBay shopping sprees, he's locked.

Good old 90's AOL ToS style.

• Did anyone else started receiving refunds?

• @ManofServer

Nope he is a liar and a thief.

• @ManofServer said:
    Did anyone else started receiving refunds?

No, not for me.

• @Trigold said:
    No, not for me.

Just dispute via your card issuer or via PayPal. He won't refund.

• EMERGENCY:

DOLLARVZ SEATTLE NODE HAS BEEN TURNED OFF, DOLLARVZ PLANS AREN'T VISIBLE ANYMORE ON WHMCS

theroyalstudent:~ student$ ping seattle
    PING seattle (107.191.112.237): 56 data bytes
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 1
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 2
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 3
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 4
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 5
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 6
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 7
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 8
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 9
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 10
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 11
    ping: sendto: Host is down
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 12
    ^C
    --- seattle ping statistics ---
    14 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

OPERATION CHARGEBACK??!?!?!?!?!?

• Can still see mine in whmcs, although they are down since 2 days or so. Don't really care about that 4$

• Even if you don't care about $2 or so you should still issue a chargeback on Paypal if you have been scammed.

• @Frecyboy said:
    Can still see mine in whmcs, although they are down since 2 days or so. Don't really care about that 4$

see mine in virtualizor, too! paid $3 since he is desperate for customers. lmao :)

• gsrdgrdghd said: Even if you don't care about $2 or so you should still issue a chargeback on Paypal if you have been scammed.

Can you still do that even after 180days? Never had to chargeback anything.

• Frecyboy said: Can you still do that even after 180days? Never had to chargeback anything.

No, I think 180 days is the maximum. How long was he selling those plans?

• gsrdgrdghd said: No, I think 180 days is the maximum. How long was he selling those plans?

I've got one last may.

• What's the point of buying nexhost and then cancel all the existing plans? Is not like any existing customer will be dumb enough to buy anything else if they never had a good experience.

• Yup, better chargeback or request a refund on PP, situation is going downhill

• lazytlazyt Member
    edited March 2016

Folks have to realize when someone is trying to unload one of these hosting "companies" there is a reason for it. They need to look really hard at the offer and think how much damage will be done to their name while the person who messed up gets a free pass.

• FUCK YEAH. If you want your refund, go open a dispute.

Dear Ang Edwin,

This claim has been closed because your seller has issued you a refund of $3.00 USD. If you paid with a credit card, the money is refunded to your credit card. Please note that it can take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement.

Transaction Details

Case number: PP-004-638-188-983

Seller's name: Nexhost

Seller's email: nando@​deathwishx.​com

Seller's transaction ID: 7RE152962V3579603

Transaction date: 6 February 2016

Transaction amount: -$3.00 USD

Your transaction ID: 04N332576H4423905

Sincerely,

PayPal

Thanked by 2Trigold ManofServer
  • theroyalstudent said: Seller's email: nando@​deathwishx.​com

Why doesn't such unprofessionalism surprise me at all?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @theroyalstudent said:
    FUCK YEAH. If you want your refund, go open a dispute.

>

> Dear Ang Edwin,
    > 
    > This claim has been closed because your seller has issued you a refund of $3.00 USD. If you paid with a credit card, the money is refunded to your credit card. Please note that it can take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement.
    > 
    > Transaction Details
    > 
    > Case number: PP-004-638-188-983
    > 
    > Seller's name: Nexhost
    > 
    > Seller's email: nando@​deathwishx.​com
    > 
    > Seller's transaction ID: 7RE152962V3579603
    > 
    > Transaction date: 6 February 2016
    > 
    > Transaction amount: -$3.00 USD
    > 
    > Your transaction ID: 04N332576H4423905
    > 
    > Sincerely,
    > 
    > PayPal
    > 

Please advise how to open the dispute?

• NantoriousNantorious Member
    edited March 2016

@theroyalstudent said:
    FUCK YEAH. If you want your refund, go open a dispute.

> Dear Ang Edwin,
    > 
    > This claim has been closed because your seller has issued you a refund of $3.00 USD. If you paid with a credit card, the money is refunded to your credit card. Please note that it can take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement.
    > 
    > Transaction Details
    > 
    > Case number: PP-004-638-188-983
    > 
    > Seller's name: Nexhost
    > 
    > Seller's email: nando@​deathwishx.​com
    > 
    > Seller's transaction ID: 7RE152962V3579603
    > 
    > Transaction date: 6 February 2016
    > 
    > Transaction amount: -$3.00 USD
    > 
    > Your transaction ID: 04N332576H4423905
    > 
    > Sincerely,
    > 
    > PayPal
    > 

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    Why doesn't such unprofessionalism surprise me at all?
    @Trigold said:
    Please advise how to open the dispute?

Thanks to everybody who mentioned my domain for the backlinks Google will love more of them so feel free to keep posting snip some more i never expected to find my domain here in the search engine console.

Also i'd like to state out the privacy policy of paypal which will get you in trouble, i'll quote section 8:

1. Your Use of Information and PayPal Services

In order to facilitate the transactions between PayPal users, PayPal Services allows you limited access other users' contact or delivery information. As a seller you may have access to the User ID, email address and other contact or delivery information of the buyer, and as a buyer you may have access to the User ID, email address and other contact information of the seller.

You agree that, with respect to other users' personally identifiable information that you obtain through the PayPal Services or through a PayPal-related communication or PayPal-facilitated transaction, you will only use this information for: (a) PayPal-related communications that are not unsolicited commercial messages, (b) ancillary actions in relation to the PayPal payments or the transactions for which PayPal has been used (e.g. insurance, delivery and fraud complaints), and (c) any other purpose that such user consents to after adequate disclosure of the purpose(s).

In all cases, you must provide users with the opportunity to remove their data from your database and review any information you have collected about them. More generally, you must comply with all applicable privacy regulations, in particular as they relate to the sending of marketing emails.

PayPal does not tolerate spam. We strictly enforce our Anti-Spam Policy. To report PayPal-related spam to PayPal, please contact us.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2016

@Nantorious said:

• There are no backlinks in that post