Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nexhost Dallas refund - anyone received it? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nexhost Dallas refund - anyone received it?

Comments

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited February 2016

evilghaleon said: Just because you bought an already unsustainable business does not absolve you of responsibility.

I did not buy anything. I knew Mark for at least a year before taking over NexHost. and decided to take it over and help keep it online. and there was serious issues with Stability for all the clients in Seattle that required we buy Hardware. so we have and are moving clients to that over the last couple of days. as it was not a low amount even more then the amount @Ithinkufailed linked in the picture he posted as that was just one of the orders we did.

As I said before the refunds are being processed we get through them on a regular basis. we are just not able to process them all at once and have to do them in order and when we are able to.

• @NexHost said:
    As I said before the refunds are being processed we get through them on a regular basis. we are just not able to process them all at once and have to do them in order and when we are able to.

I noticed you didn't respond to my new estimate. Does that mean I hit the target?

• Why keep buying hardware when you guys already having difficulties refunding.

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed
  • @Jonchun said:
    I noticed you didn't respond to my new estimate. Does that mean I hit the target?

Probably, I wonder if he has something like a kickstarter or gofundme to help refund all the clients needing a refund?

• @NexHost said:

It's irrelevant whether you paid money for it or not. You own the business, it is your responsibility. If you don't understand that, then you shouldn't be running it.

Dallas closed in December, did it not? Give these people back their money.

• evilghaleon said: Dallas closed in December, did it not? Give these people back their money.

Dallas was Terminated on the 25th of January and we kept it running for longer and had to pay more at a loss. and we have processed several $100 in refunds already and have our bills and investment for Hardware so our Dedicated clients can continue to grow as it accounts for 80% of our Monthly Income. and is a Priority as a result. and it's also a Priority to keep our Services Stable and that required Hardware.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

sirmbhe said: Ahh my bad.. I am digging the old message to see about our past conversation. Yup, it is confirmed now. You offer great service, and also a very nice person. It was a good experience.

Hehe no problems, was just surprised to see my name come up when reading this topic :P

IThinkUFailed said: @SpeedBus - Nexhost refugee offer?!

We don't have anything in Dallas :(

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited February 2016

@AnthonySmith said:
    Just ban this kid already?

What for?

And if you lot want to ban me go ahead @Jarland might save me some hassle.

• @SpeedBus said:
    We don't have anything in Dallas

The poor Dallas refugees :(

Thanked by 1SpeedBus

@NexHost said:

Your mentally unstable, you have no empathy, your promising refunds and not delivering them, you shut down what must be thousands of services and think you don't need to tell anyone, clearly a disaster waiting to happen.

We have had enough of those thanks.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited February 2016

AnthonySmith said: you have no empathy

I completely understand how the clients must of felt. how ever we had no option but to Terminate Dallas. as DDoS Protected VPS at $2 per Year with there being very small amount of $20-50 Year Clients. was not something we could sustain. especially with the need for more machines to accommodate all of the clients without a issue.

AnthonySmith said: your promising refunds and not delivering them

And we are issuing refunds we are just limited to how many we can refund now after already processing through a fair amount this month.

AnthonySmith said: you shut down what must be thousands of services and think you don't need to tell anyone

Services was pulled offline after giving 3 set of notices. and a Final Email. we had a influx of tickets on a regular basis due to the system crashes. where we would make clients aware of the fact that the services was going to be pulled offline. and then we pulled the services offline and alerted these clients that the services was no longer going to be provided and that they had up until a certain date to login to Virtualizor and Power on the VM and backup the Data.

I'm out of this Thread now as stated already we are processing through the refunds that are pending. and will continue to do so.

• @NexHost said:

Again, you fail to make the connection that all of the people waiting for refunds are still your customers. These people are the priority, as you are holding their money and not providing them service.

How long did you know you were going to shut the service down? Surely it was less of a surprise to you than it was your clients? It sounds like you have zero cash on hand.

• Do I ask for my $1 back or not.. Hmm

• VPSensationalVPSensational Member
    edited February 2016

NexHost said: as for this thread I'm out.

NexHost said: I'm out of this Thread

... #justsaying

Thanked by 2ATHK IThinkUFailed
  • After a quick skim of this thread, I still see no one stating they received a refund.

If you have, please speak up.

edited February 2016

NexHost said: how ever we had no option but to Terminate Dallas. as DDoS Protected VPS at $2 per Year with there being very small amount of $20-50 Year Clients.

That's fine, shit happens, nothing stopping you from sending out a mass email, you should not have to be told this is the right thing to do.

NexHost said: And we are issuing refunds we are just limited to how many we can refund now after already processing through a fair amount this month.

That must be a self imposed limit then, or so you want to give a technical reason for this?

I simply don't believe you, I think your hoping the idlers wont notice and you will get to keep the money, otherwise this thread would not exist, and really you should be banned for this, it is fraud.

NexHost said: Services was pulled offline after giving 3 set of notices. and a Final Email.

That's not true and you know it, want me to pull Jarlands quote?

Are you some sort of sociopath?

NexHost said: I'm out of this Thread now

As usual, like a child who does not want to take responsibility for the bad, as soon as your put under any scrutiny you break and walk away.

Completely spineless.

@Jarland I hope it is obvious that this kid is just going to continue to lie and cheat people here like they are his own personal little cash cows and then assume they are stupid afterwards, please save us all the drama of GVH v4, only Johnny could be behind such a ridiculous setup.

Thanked by 4Riz GM2015 jar Rolter

@ATHK said:
    Do I ask for my $1 back or not.. Hmm

Open a dispute, wait 20 days then escalate it to a claim.

• LicensecartLicensecart Member
    edited February 2016

How much is a VPS refund with him? He paid for a SolusVM license ($28) before I cancelled it and refunded him because he ordered the wrong one and open a ticket moaning haha. Don't help scammers / problem hosts.

Thanked by 2Riz namhuy

NexHost said: Services was pulled offline after giving 3 set of notices. and a Final Email.

and I quote your previous thread on this issue:

NexHost said: We gave notice by turning the services offline

hmm, in the immortal words of judge Judy, when something doesn't sound right, its usually a lie.

Thanked by 2GM2015 Kris
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    Open a dispute, wait 20 days then escalate it to a claim.

If you paid with a credit card or something doing it via your card issuer might be a better way as I believe a $25 fee is imposed now.

I couldn't agree more and I fully think he deserves to be banned. He's stated that their offers were just not sustainable yet continually is buying new hardware to expand and is also constantly offering the same deals... Something doesn't add up there either.

If it's not sustainable then why are you expanding it? Surely it'd be best to just say "Right, this isn't working. Once all users times are up the service will be discontinued. I can't take the hit anymore."

No logical sense is made when @Nexhost speaks as it's simply him saiyng "Booo hooo! Poor me, I bought a failing business and I can't fix it!!!" There's a reason the previous owner was trying to get out... You've found out. Just fix the issues, raise prices on regular VPS' and sell good quality services to off set your costs and slowly phase out each node provided to DollarVZ/Nexhost brand.

I'm sorry but at the rate this is going we'll need a stickied thread called 'LowEndTalk VS Nexhost' as we keep getting a new thread each week it seems.

Thanked by 1Riz
  • ktkt Member, Host Rep

Would it not be better to stop "spending so much" on expanding, closing new orders and take a week out resolving any outstanding refunds to prevent such bad publicity?

Thanked by 2Riz VyprNetworks
  • Why would you have a paypal delayed funding issue if your business is as large and successful as you claim? You are buying hardware through ebay, where 99.9% of payments are via paypal. If you can pay that, you should be able to refund customers with no problems.

You created your LET problem by starting complaint threads crying about companies you were mad at, then attacked people who didn't side with you. You also shut down dallas WITHOUT notifying customers, you said so yourself many times in that thread. You said the shutdown WAS THE NOTICE. You refused to send out notice several times in that same thread claiming you didn't feel it was necessary, people could open a ticket and you would tell them there. Now you claim you sent mutiple notices prior? Selective memory I guess. Wait, thats not even selective, it's outright lying.

Seems the Jordan of today is much the same as the Jordan of a few years ago who was banned from mutiple communities due to his lies, scamming, and frequent outbursts. Waiting for you to use the same cop out excuse you used then for your actions.

• I really don't care about a refund as it's just a couple of bucks so no big deal for us but for you as a company it should be a big deal... It's just utter nonsense for a healthy company to claim they cannot refund in a decent timespan. You would have been able to walk away from this mess easily if only you informed your clients in a decent way and made an effort in refunding. I for one would respect that. Sure, it would cost you but think of it this way, you would save a lot more. Money, future clients... rebranding costs.

You talk about expanding... What for? No one with some sense would buy from you reading about this whole issue. With that I mean clients you actually would love to host. Clients who have more than a mere $10/year to spend, or $7 a month for that matter. This thing will definitely affect your client base ordering the so-called sustainable plans.

• I requested a cancellation at the end of the cycle and it got cancelled immediately. Nice.

• TheOnlyDK said: I requested a cancellation at the end of the cycle and it got cancelled immediately

No-one wants to keep a 'dead-beat' customer now do they ;)

Thanked by 2TheOnlyDK ATHK
  • Just take a little time out and process all of the refunds by the look of your website you use whmcs and whmcs has a very good cancellation/refund option. It is pretty much all laid out for you in the dashboard. If you do not have enough funds in your account to process the refunds that's OK just assure everyone the exact time you'll be able to process the refunds for them. A lot of users don't expect much they only want to know when you can process they're refunds. No point in trying to make anyone feel sorry for you, you got yourself into this mess now take a step back evaluate the situation and move forward. Hopefully it all ends well for you so much drama over practically what could of been nothing.

Thanked by 1KamA
  • @MarkTurner said:
    No-one wants to keep a 'dead-beat' customer now do they ;)

haha I do have another service though, not cancelling until they shut it off.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited February 2016

I'm not telling you how to run your business, but surely you would have lost less money keeping a few L5520's or whatever online than the negative publicity from cancelling and refunding everyone - especially when you have a large LET client base?

I know that's what I would have, and have done, when things get unsustainable.

• @Nexhost

I need to reread and catch up in this thread BUT, you said you are in contact about refunds? you closed my support thread so your lying.

Also here is my billing area, suppose to be a yearly offer:

Thanked by 1namhuy