Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nexhost Dallas refund - anyone received it?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nexhost Dallas refund - anyone received it?

Just following up on this as I was told this 2 weeks ago, and the previous NexHost thread reminded me -

I am putting this ticket back on hold and we will restore the services within 24 hours and the refund will then be processed in a list by date as there is 19 separate cases waiting for a refund. and some with Larger Amounts

Has anyone received a refund for their Dallas VPS cancellation yet?

Comments

• I really don't see how he gets himself in these stupid situations. I'm sorry that you and everybody have suffered. While Nexhost probably wasn't ran perfectly before it definitely isn't now.

I'm surprised he's even allowed to participate in this community still.

• At least when Mark ran it I could count on these boxes for a testing environment, now, they can't even be counted on for even that.

That is why I created this thread, I'm curious if anyone actually has been refunded for the cancellation.

• Nope I am still waiting, I believed I sent a refund request January 25thish - and still waiting

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited February 2016

@Riz said:
    At least when Mark ran it I could count on these boxes for a testing environment, now, they can't even be counted on for even that.

That is why I created this thread, I'm curious if anyone actually has been refunded for the cancellation.

Back when Mark ran it there wasn't several threads a week regarding downtime/bad support/problems all relating to Nexhost.

I mean... I wouldn't expect miracles at $2-4 a year but I wouldn't expect anything to be as bad as it's current state.

He clearly has money to refund you guys as he's stated that he's buying 5x new dual L5630(may be wrong on model) systems, plus several WD RE4 drives and some switches... Totalling to $2,000.

(This was provided to me by Jordan on the 27th of January and I uploaded to imgur incase he deletes it)

Gyazo in image is https://gyazo.com/408a8d7ccbf27cda259fca5fdc75db8c

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited February 2016

Riz said: At least when Mark ran it I could count on these boxes for a testing environment, now, they can't even be counted on for even that.

What because we terminated Dallas we cannot be relied on. a location that was oversold heavily and crashed regularly with the need for more Hardware and was already sucking out enough money. So we had no option but to terminate it. That makes no Sense that we cannot be relied on simply because we removed a really unsustainable service.

IThinkUFailed said: He clearly has money to refund you guys as he's stated that he's buying 5x new dual L5630(may be wrong on model) systems, plus several WD RE4 drives and some switches... Totalling to $2,000.

See posting information without knowing the facts or actually what is going on. Just pure slander nothing else.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited February 2016

@NexHost said:
    See posting information without knowing the facts or actually what is going on. Just pure slander nothing else.

So he has a screenshot clearly detailing you purchasing hardware. Unless you're piling yourself up in even deeper debt (which shows poor life decisions and business decisions... again...), you clearly have money somewhere to buy more stuff instead of refunding people who deserve refunds.

Where's the slander? If there's actually a valid reason as you claim he doesn't "[know] the facts or actually what is going on", why not just tell us?

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • Jonchun said: So he has a screenshot clearly detailing you purchasing hardware.

posting information without knowing the facts or actually what is going on. Just pure slander nothing else.

• @NexHost said:
    posting information without knowing the facts or actually what is going on. Just pure slander nothing else.

Where's the slander? If there's actually a valid reason as you claim he doesn't "[know] the facts or actually what is going on", why not just tell us?

• @Jonchun said:

Does not matter what I say or how hard I try. it won't work. no reason to explain clients will get their refunds when we are able to begin processing them again. There has been refunds already issued but there is a delay and we keep telling everyone that as they update their tickets. as for this thread I'm out.

• @NexHost said:

You stated "my project for next month" and linked me a Gyazo of the hardware you were buying... I'm pretty sure that's all the facts I need to know? Along with you purchasing a dual E5 node on the 7th of January?

• What because we terminated Dallas we cannot be relied on.

When you don't tell your clients and don't give refunds, no no you can't be relied on.

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed
  • What because we terminated Dallas we cannot be relied on.

When you don't tell your clients and don't give refunds, no no you can't be relied on.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited February 2016

@ATHK said:

See more slander.

We do give refunds we process refunds on a Daily Basis since we terminated Dallas. There is just too many to handle and we are getting through them.

And we have informed clients about Dallas going offline and we have informed everyone to the best of our Ability.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited February 2016

IThinkUFailed said: You stated "my project for next month" and linked me a Gyazo of the hardware you were buying... I'm pretty sure that's all the facts I need to know? Along with you purchasing a dual E5 node on the 7th of January?

Yes so?

NexHost runs on our own Hardware we have to buy Hardware to sustain growth. Before NexHost was taken over we spent 70-90% of our Monthly Income on Hardware and still do. we are not denying anything about purchasing hardware or hiding it. as we bought a lot of Hardware recently to help provide a better service to clients and deal with the demand. Sorry if that is so wrong of us meeting up to our demand and trying to make sure we have the adequate hardware. So as I have already said please continue trying to post your slander.

• NexHost said: We do give refunds we process refunds on a Daily Basis since we terminated Dallas. There is just too many to handle and we are getting through them.

Obviously code for 'not enough money in my paypal account'. Shouldn't have been difficult to calculate what refunds would cost you and do them in one go.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited February 2016

mikeyur said: Obviously code for 'not enough money in my paypal account'. Shouldn't have been difficult to calculate what refunds would cost you and do them in one go.

No PayPal Hold Income for 22 days after we earn so much. and this with our outgoing and the need to purchase more Hardware and pay our bills also. we are not left with much we have already refunded a fair amount this month as it is.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited February 2016

mpkossen said: This guy is a combination of nuggets and mtwiscool.

I would agree with you. if I had accepted the money for the services in the First Place and sold a unsustainable service to clients. and then was unable to deliver refunds in a time that clients find acceptable. Then Yes I could be to blame. but we are processing refunds on a regular basis and get through as many as we can.

• Cmiiw.

Wasn't nexhost managed by speedbus last year? I remember contacting him for a custom VPS plan and he was very friendly. Not sure, why now kinda rude and arrogant.

• sirmbhe said: Wasn't nexhost managed by speedbus last year? I remember contacting him for a custom VPS plan and he was very friendly. Not sure, why now kinda rude and arrogant.

How am I rude and arrogant. I'm just fed up of this whole community on a daily basis having a go at me because someone else sold the community unsustainable services.

• @mikeyur said:
    Obviously code for 'not enough money in my paypal account'. Shouldn't have been difficult to calculate what refunds would cost you and do them in one go.

Honestly, I've never seen a host struggle over refunding around $50 worth of payments before...

@mpkossen said:
    This guy is a combination of nuggets and mtwiscool.

The entire operation is a joke honestly. If it's not sustainable or counteracted by other clients you may have then why do it?

@Nexhost - Accusing me of slander would be fine if it were slander. Slander means that my claims are entirely false and have no bearing. It's not slander when you're stating facts.

These facts were also just confirmed by you so uh... Thanks for proving my point even further...?

Thanked by 2ATHK k0nsl
  • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

sirmbhe said: Cmiiw.

Wasn't nexhost managed by speedbus last year? I remember contacting him for a custom VPS plan and he was very friendly. Not sure, why now kinda rude and arrogant.

Nope, never been associated or worked with NexHost. Only been at CrownCloud :)

• @NexHost said:
    having a go at me because someone else sold the community unsustainable services.

That's... not the reason people are "having a go" at you... If you really believe that, you need more help than I initially thought...

Thanked by 2IThinkUFailed Kris
  • @NexHost said:

You need to take care of current customers before you purchase new hardware. If you owe someone a refund, then they are a current customer. Simple as that.

Just because you bought an already unsustainable business does not absolve you of responsibility.

• IThinkUFailed said: Honestly, I've never seen a host struggle over refunding around $50 worth of payments before...

$50 in Payments Really?

It's a lot more then that.

• @SpeedBus said:

Ahh my bad.. I am digging the old message to see about our past conversation. Yup, it is confirmed now. You offer great service, and also a very nice person. It was a good experience.

• @NexHost said:
    $50 in Payments Really?

It's a lot more then that.

$100!!!

• @Jonchun said:
    $100!!!

More

• @sirmbhe said:
    You offer great service, and also a very nice person. It was a good experience.

@SpeedBus - Nexhost refugee offer?!

• @NexHost said:
    More

$150!!!