Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nexhost Dallas refund - anyone received it? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nexhost Dallas refund - anyone received it?

Comments

• @netomx said:
    Nexhost is LA down? My VPS is down :/

Mine too, I checked https://vps.nexhost.net:4083 and vps is gone. But in client area, still show as active.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @IThinkUFailed

you cracked me up so hard haha! you are awesome m8.

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited February 2016

IRC channel is public, he didn't PM me specifically so I assume this is safe to release to public:

7:03 AM JoeMerit> guys
    7:03 AM JoeMerit> whats the best premium shared cpanel hosting
    8:26 AM → jonnyn joined (@gateway/web/freenode/)
    8:27 AM — jonnyn rubs hands
    8:28 AM jonnyn> Brace yourselves ... an acquisition is coming ..
    8:30 AM HarryCross> jonnyn, oooh errr
    8:30 AM jonnyn> NexHost customers will be very happy
    8:30 AM jonnyn> Very very happy
    8:30 AM HarryCross> oh for fucks sake
    8:30 AM jonnyn> If I get it
    8:30 AM HarryCross> jonnyn, being totally honest. You are better than NexHost
    8:31 AM HarryCross> I want to see how that ends up
    8:31 AM jonnyn> I'd likely haul the customers to ColoCrossing
    8:31 AM jonnyn> Would be CC everything
    8:34 AM jonnyn> http://prntscr.com/a53rne
    8:34 AM jonnyn> Here was my second pitch
    8:35 AM jonnyn> I will issue refunds to the customers
    8:35 AM jonnyn> First thing that I will do .. I'll compensate customers and issue refunds ..
    8:35 AM HarryCross> Refunds. What is this sourcery
    8:35 AM HarryCross> NexHost refunds :P
    8:35 AM jonnyn> I have a big pool of cash - I'm well funded
    8:36 AM jonnyn> If I could give more free servers I would
    8:37 AM jonnyn> As I now have 16 E3s laying around
    8:37 AM jonnyn> STILL, after giving all those out
    8:39 AM JoeMerit> wow
    8:39 AM JoeMerit> just please shut nexhost down
    8:41 AM jonnyn> I rather not
    8:41 AM jonnyn> I have a lot of nodes on standby, if I can finalize something tonight I will start migrating customers 1 last time
    8:41 AM JoeMerit> can you bring Duke on
    8:41 AM JoeMerit> to manage that brand
    8:42 AM jonnyn> He can't manage shit if his life depended on it because he is too lazy to get anything done
    8:42 AM jonnyn> That's why his 1990s looking website hasn't changed in all these years
    8:45 AM jonnyn> Ah shit it's LAX/SEA based stuff .. I don't have much stuff there
    9:08 AM jonnyn> Ahhh
    9:08 AM jonnyn> No response from Jordan yet since the initial respons
    9:08 AM jonnyn> response*
    9:08 AM jonnyn> Where could he be?!
    9:08 AM jonnyn → jnguyen
    9:11 AM JoeMerit> ya you need chinkservers
    9:11 AM JoeMerit> LA/SEA
    9:12 AM jnguyen> Please don't use the word 'chink' in front of me - I find that extremely offensive and it really pisses me off.
    9:13 AM JoeMerit> nice
    9:13 AM JoeMerit> i use it in the friendliest way possible
    10:20 AM ↔ Jack007 nipped out  
    10:22 AM Jack007> JoeMerit:  mate
    10:22 AM Jack007> whats wrong with the word chink jnguyen
    12:06 PM jnguyen> JoeMerit
    12:06 PM jnguyen> Want a free VPS
    12:06 PM jnguyen> pure ssd
    12:06 PM jnguyen> :)
    12:26 PM JoeMerit> ya
    12:26 PM JoeMerit> msg me root
    12:57 PM jnguyen> so
    12:57 PM jnguyen> im talking to Jordan
    12:57 PM jnguyen> on Skype now
    12:57 PM jnguyen> he's fine

Let's see if this acquisition goes through (even if Jordan said no initially), but let's get to the most important question - whats the best premium shared cpanel hosting?

Thanked by 2Mark_R netomx
  • a free or cheap cert look way more professional than self-signed one. sad

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Your acting like Jonny was not already behind nexhost, are you all that naive or am I insanely perceptive?

Thanked by 3Lee mpkossen Pwner
  • ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited February 2016

8:31 AM jonnyn> I'd likely haul the customers to ColoCrossing
    8:31 AM jonnyn> Would be CC everything
    8:37 AM jonnyn> As I now have 16 E3s laying around

Are there any actual customers/hosts at BUF other than ones propped up by ColoCrossing or ones located in Iran?

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited February 2016

@GIANT_CRAB - On which network/channel was that?
    That little dickhead tried to use an older IRC-Nick of mine to pretend he was me. Time for some chasing and ass spanking, I guess. Nuggets - I am sure you read that: You are entering a world of pain. Fear the Amitz.

• xoxo

• edited February 2016

@Amitz said:
    GIANT_CRAB - On which network/channel was that?
    That little dickhead tried to use an older IRC-Nick of mine to pretend he was me. Time for some chasing and ass spanking, I guess. Nuggets - I am sure you read that: You are entering a world of pain. Fear the Amitz.

let-[fucking redacted don't ask why] on FreeNode

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • Anyone notice @ChairHosting is missing from chat?

• @GIANT_CRAB said:
    IRC channel is public, he didn't PM me specifically so I assume this is safe to release to public:

Let's see if this acquisition goes through (even if Jordan said no initially), but let's get to the most important question - whats the best premium shared cpanel hosting?

Honestly, I rarely share PMs but he was boasting in public irc anyway I thought it'd be funny to share.

@AnthonySmith - You're probably right. He probably had some influence in Nexhost.

We should all acknowledge just how bad a provider Nexhost became that people agree that Jonny could do a better job running the show...

• @namhuy said:

HSTS with a self signed certificate, nice.

• In January, he specifically said he'd keep the LA egg plans ( https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1492834/#Comment_1492834 ). If he's taking all the egg LA plans offline, then it's a direct contradiction to what he said, plus there weren't even any notices that LA eggs were going down. WTF man.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • He emailed me saying he will be sending refunds, which I doubt, and yet he deleted my account.............

Thanked by 2GM2015 namhuy
  • @black said:
    In January, he specifically said he'd keep the LA egg plans ( https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1492834/#Comment_1492834 ). If he's taking all the egg LA plans offline, then it's a direct contradiction to what he said, plus there weren't even any notices that LA eggs were going down. WTF man.

Guess it's happening... Taken from their WHMCS announcement page.

Hi,

>

We are sorry to regret to inform everyone that our Yearly Egg Plans have been removed on a immediate notice. we are going to issue refunds to everyone who has been effected. and we are sorry that it has to end this way. If you submit a billing Ticket we will issue you a refund. Please note that given the amount of refunds we have it might take up to 30 days to refund everyone.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@black said:
    In January, he specifically said he'd keep the LA egg plans ( https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1492834/#Comment_1492834 ). If he's taking all the egg LA plans offline, then it's a direct contradiction to what he said, plus there weren't even any notices that LA eggs were going down. WTF man.

I know, I told him that. Sad that he is taking things lightly like that.

TheOnlyDK said: Guess it's happening... Taken from their WHMCS announcement page.

It was before I sent the ticket

• TheOnlyDK said: Guess it's happening... Taken from their WHMCS announcement page.

He's not refunding those cheap initial plans, I doubt he'll refund the "eggs" branded VM-s.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I think it's safe to assume that Jordan does not have the money to refund you guys. It sounds like he may be intending to as he gets paid from other customers over time, but we're talking about a guy who can't pay his suppliers.

The smart thing to do, IMO, is to consider your money lost or take legal action. It's not worth the second.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

jarland said: or take legal action

$5? no, thank you.

Thanked by 3GM2015 ehab PremiumN
  • Just open Paypal disputes

• ... or take illegal action.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

So what was the service/price he was even offering to get in such a clusterfuck in the first place?

• my egg gone, rotten egg .... throw it out you dumdum

Thanked by 1netomx
  • VyprNetworksVyprNetworks Member
    edited February 2016

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    Just open Paypal disputes

The paypal disputes would'nt be against Jordan though they would be against the previous owner before Jordan took over NexHost right?

• @jarland said:
    I think it's safe to assume that Jordan does not have the money to refund you guys. It sounds like he may be intending to as he gets paid from other customers over time, but we're talking about a guy who can't pay his suppliers.

The smart thing to do, IMO, is to consider your money lost or take legal action. It's not worth the second.

I completely agree. The best way to proceed would be a PayPal dispute if you really want your money back and see if he fights it.

I mean personally, I'd leave the money as it's clear he's struggling as it is and the likelihood of receiving a refund is pretty low... The best advice I could give is just walk away, it's a minimal amount compared to the stress of checking up on tickets with him and then most likely still resulting in you opening a dispute.

@EVM_Mike said:
    So what was the service/price he was even offering to get in such a clusterfuck in the first place?

He took over another host who was offering things for between $1-$12 a year if I'm not mistaken. Basically it wasn't what he was offering that was unsustainable... It was how he was offering it. Poor management etc.

He kept expanding every other week after a few orders would come in. He made it unsustainable. Most people aren't looking for SSD/unbelievable IO at this price point. They just want it to work. If you read on the previous pages I posted his project for "Next month" meaning this month.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • NexHost refugee anyone?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

What is the script that runs on drop.jarland.me ?

• raindog308 said: What is the script that runs on drop.jarland.me ?

droplr

If you're on Mac, look at Dropshare you can point it to your own storage. I use it natively with ObjSpace, works great.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    NexHost refugee anyone?

What are you after?

• @i83 said:
    What are you after?

PMed