Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared Hosting Offers - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared Hosting Offers

Comments

• This would be great. If you will introduce shared hosting to LET. I am looking forward for it.

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

I think it would be a great idea, but there needs to be a more strict criteria.

1. Reputation and history of the company (checks should be more stringent)
    2. A limitation on the type of shared offers allowed (bare minimum features, price and importantly the location. Shared cPanel hosting is easy to start, and I would not prefer having the forum full of US or France (OVH/Online) type offers with no distinct differences.
  • Sounds good. Agree with age requirement... personally 2 years is a good metric. It shows they managed to pay their bills at least one accounting year.

If possible, it'd be nice to see which IP range would be used. Is that too sensitive? Seems like it can be found with digging anyway, would be great if we can see for ourselves before buying.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @bersy said:
    Cause we are at LowEndBox.

That ship has long sailed.

Thanked by 4GM2015 bersy MikePT Pwner
  • ricardo said: which IP range would be used. Is that too sensitive?

Probably not sensitive, but for LET it will be DDoS bait :(

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I'm all up for it, expand the forum's horizon and bring in more people.

• i have some TB of data, ready upload it to the first unlimited offer =)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

deployvm said: Reputation and history of the company (checks should be more stringent)

I doubt that's going to happen. Who would do it? Who's going to pay for their time? What's the criteria? etc.

We don't really check VPS offers other than some very basic is-whcms-nulled, and even that is after the fact. I say let the market it sort it out. Those who are lame are quickly exposed, and if people still buy from them because they cost 10 cents less than someone else, well you can't fix stupid...

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • I would love to see shared hosting offers on here again - maybe it would bring in some new members that are looking for shared hosting and don't want to be on another forum going through post after post of "What's your budget"

sin said: I would love to see shared hosting offers on here again - maybe it would bring in some new members that are looking for shared hosting and don't want to be on another forum going through post after post of "What's your budget"

Or "check the offers...AND BY THE WAY I HAVE A SIGNATURE"

Thanked by 2GM2015 sin
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2016

@raindog308 said:
    Or "check the offers...AND BY THE WAY I HAVE A SIGNATURE"

I think right away we'd have to add a new rules section:

WHT Prevention

• If the content of your post is "What is your budget" or "Have you checked the offer forum," you may not display a signature.
  • sure why not? lets have some proper shared offers! i can imagine that alot of people still would like to go with shared hosts because of it being convenient. not everyone wants to sacrifice their own time to setup a webserver etc, these shared hosts definitly take work off our hands!

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2016

jarland said: For LET support, click here.

Nice of you adding a universal help desk! Does this apply for all the providers that posting on LET, or just those with a provider's tag? :P

jvnadr said: Nice of you adding a universal help desk!

If you need to escalate a LET help desk ticket, click here.

Thanked by 1jvnadr

jvnadr said: Nice of you adding a universal help desk! Does this apply for all the providers that posting on LET, or just those with a provider's tag? :P

Anybody and everybody :)

• raindog308 said: If you need to escalate a LET help desk ticket, click here.

As I saw, there is a L-5 support!

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • my vote goes PRO, for this ... shared/reseller hosting.

• when this will start?

@dedicados said:
    when this will start?

Just a discussion, no plans just yet. Though the feedback has been significantly positive, it is certainly worth talking about further.

Thanked by 2WHT dedicados
  • Yes, sounds awesome!

Just please only vett members, no more jordans and nuggets

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • Yes, I missed the shared hosting offers so much. Get them back, please.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I think it would be good - but maybe only allow providers that have at least one legit VPS offer? Otherwise you're going to end up with a bunch of BS.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish

shovenose said: I think it would be good - but maybe only allow providers that have at least one legit VPS offer? Otherwise you're going to end up with a bunch of BS.

But what about someone who only offers shared?

Admittedly, not common here...but then...perhaps because we don't have shared offers :-)

Thanked by 1Junkless

@raindog308 said:

Well, you have a valid point there, but it seems to be like the focus of this forum is VPS hosting. Most providers that offer other services here (dedicated servers, etc) also do VPS hosting. Since most shared providers also do VPS, I don't think this is too big of a problem.

• @raindog308 said:

Admittedly, not common here...but then...perhaps because we don't have shared offers :-)

:P

I'd honestly like an idea of what pricing we'd be talking about. Because the cheaper it gets, the crappier it usually gets. Where as with a slightly higher margin there's usually a quality difference. I'm not talking like $25/mo shared hosting and such but more around $2-$5/mo for shared accounts.

Basically what I'm getting at is I'd like some examples of pricing structures and then we can all know if we're gonna get crap with that one diamond out of them all or if we're going to be able to get some good brands selling on here.

There definitely needs to be a clear expectation of what to expect from them and I think increased time between shared hosting would be good. Minimum 28-30 days between offers I think.

@IThinkUFailed said:
    stuff

Well, I would think $7 would be a reasonable limit.

IThinkUFailed said: Basically what I'm getting at is I'd like some examples of pricing structures and then we can all know if we're gonna get crap with that one diamond out of them all or if we're going to be able to get some good brands selling on here.

The only problem is that one of the better respected hosts here (BuyShared) starts at $5/yr. BuyShared is a great host at $5/yr, but most $5/yr hosts are not great.

Thanked by 1user123
  • @raindog308 said:

This.

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited February 2016

@raindog308 said:
    The only problem is that one of the better respected hosts here (BuyShared) starts at $5/yr. BuyShared is a great host at $5/yr, but most $5/yr hosts are not great.

Their main issue is their lack of stock in a variety of locations(NL is usually out of stock) but yes I would agree. I rarely hear issues relating to the services. Usually just users annoyed about being denied.

It's just I feel you can usually get much better quality than the average $5/yr host if you look around $30/yr for it... BuyShared is pretty hard to compete with but it would be nice if they kept more stock but I suppose that's what happens when your yearly plan is that cheap.

Thanked by 1Kyn_DH
  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

Unlimited is fine aslong aslong as the Unlimited is specified, i.e disk space

Providers should be older as it's much easier to create a run away host... I also think that there should be a little bit of unique-ness to the hosting company - for example if they provide Let's Encrypt SSL.

Just my 2 cents.