Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combozo / stackvps / x3host Review: possible scam - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Combozo / stackvps / x3host Review: possible scam

Comments

• nguyennguyen Member
    edited February 2016

Firstly, sorry for busy these days.

@CoMBoZo said:
    John B from our support staff tried to get in touch with nguyen and instead of saying the truth of the ddos-attack he tried to say " this is a mysql problem " we have alot of websites that use huge resource but we didn't find some who use all of these resources and after that he sent a ddos-attack to our network because we have explained to him that he is not allowed to use these cpu cores !

and he came here without shame to prove he is right and make a post about us

John B

Staff

Posted on Sunday 13th December 2015 at 19:46

You have tried to stop our node through your vps server and alot of members has complain about this problem and this against our rules
    so you can't get refund for this reason

Regards

John B.

Combozo Tech Support - Senior Admin

[email protected]

and this is a screenshot of the ticket that nguyen tried to cut some of it:

LOL. You cannot close your eyes and say I have cut something. Open your eyes widely then have look at 2 picture I have included in the first.

@CoMBoZo said:

Ah yes, no problem. Actually showing my user/pwd have no effects cause they have cleaned something up.

@CoMBoZo said:
    That's not right nguyen is from china and he paid as i think from a scam paypal account

Tiên sư bố nhà mày. Việc đ gì mà phải lôi mấy thằng khựa vào đây. Đồ con lợn. (This only for Vietnamese)

@namhuy: Thằng chó này đang cắn càng đấy. Sắp Tết rồi bực ghê. Chúc ăn Tết vui vẻ nhé. Chúc mừng năm mới.

@CoMBoZo said:

Vietnamese: prove cái mả bố nhà mày. Mày thấy 2 dải IP mày cung cấp cho tao nó khác nhau chưa. Để tao cho mày xem cái email mày gửi nhé.

English: That so funny. You gave me 2 IP with different subnet. LOL. Look at my mail below:

Anyway, shut off your mouth @Combozo. You talked a lot and did photoshop a lot. WTF here, SCAMMER.

• nguyennguyen Member
    edited February 2016

@CoMBoZo said:
    Guys, i have removed a part from the password with photoshop, it's about 14 numbers and it's not working any more i know that very well

WOW, you know my password is 14 numbers. LOL. That kind of passwords I have to inputed when registering, not randomly generated by your system. And I think from hosting mindview, till this time, no need to speak out loud that something is very well, blah blah. :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2016

Still haven't read this thread. I read where @CoMBoZo posted publicly the password that their customer CREATED (not one that was generated), then edited it out later.

Major party foul. Bye Felicia.

Thanked by 3ricardo jvnadr ATHK
  • This is getting interesting. Someone bring in the popcorn?

• jarland said: Still haven't read this thread. I read where @CoMBoZo posted publicly the password that their customer CREATED (not one that was generated), then edited it out later.

Good desicion, Jarland. BTW, can a provider reveal / have access to a password a client create thru solus or WHMCS? Shouldn't suppose this to be automatic and with no easy access to the provider (the password, I mean)?

Thanked by 1jar
    edited February 2016

jvnadr said: BTW, can a provider reveal / have access to a password a client create thru solus or WHMCS? Shouldn't suppose this to be automatic and with no easy access to the provider (the password, I mean)?

The password field used for things like cPanel and SolusVM, by default, will populate a plain text field on the product page and send it in the initial product email. Generally you want to edit the order page template to randomly generate this at the very least, so that clients are not giving you passwords that they may use elsewhere for you to store in plain text.

Sometimes the storage of that password is important for modules that connect, but should of course be better thought out. That is the current state of things though. By default many (if not most) WHMCS based providers are storing the product password as plain text.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • jarland said: Sometimes the storage of that password is important for modules that connect, but should of course be better thought out. That is the current state of things though. By default many (if not most) WHMCS based providers are storing the product password as plain text.

Even in this case (I think that they should by default change not to sent it in plain text) IMO the provider should not have the right to look in those messages and gain the password...

• nguyennguyen Member
    edited February 2016

@jvnadr said:
    Even in this case (I think that they should by default change not to sent it in plain text) IMO the provider should not have the right to look in those messages and gain the password...

Thanks but I can forgive him for showing these password. He try to explain for things called 'fear of losing customer'.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited February 2016

@nguyen why did you close the paypal dispute?

Surely either

a) he was lying about the supposed events, and obviously untrustworthy to believe he'd refund you

b) he wasn't

Thanked by 1nguyen
  • @ricardo: Actually, I did not used Paypal dispute before. Right now I am making this. Thanks for your recommendation.

• photoshopped IPs?

• @jarland have you read this yet? I want more this drama..

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited February 2016

@CoMBoZo is banned so is a done deal. @nguyen keep us update about your paypal dispute.

Thanked by 1nguyen

@TheOnlyDK said:
    jarland have you read this yet? I want more this drama..

Still haven't. Every time I try to catch up on drama someone escalates another drama to me and forces my hand into making a decision on another matter.

Keeping up with LET is fun :)

• What happened to Combozo? Did I miss another scam thread?

• @jarland you should take johnny $$$ and throw us a nice party :)

Thanked by 1jar

@TheOnlyDK said:
    What happened to Combozo? Did I miss another scam thread?

Screenshotting customer data including a password created by the user on LET... Bad ;)

Thanked by 2TheOnlyDK nguyen
  • @jarland: You have changed CoMBoZo to StackVPS on Feb 13. How can I update their name in my discussion title to notify all of other?

• New thread name should be:

Combozo/StackVPS Review: they are scam

@nguyen said:
    jarland: You have changed CoMBoZo to StackVPS on Feb 13. How can I update their name in my discussion title to notify all of other?

Are they actually changing their company name or just being weird? I couldn't find their site.

• @jarland said:
    Are they actually changing their company name or just being weird? I couldn't find their site.

Just being weird probably, like the clown. Changes name on LET, but does not change it's company name or web address.

https://www.combozo.com/

They probably thought it would be a really good idea to continue posting CoMBoZo deals as StackVPS, but no, it would look really weird and become really obvious that they are trying to hide something.

Thanked by 1nguyen

@theroyalstudent said:
    They probably thought it would be a really good idea to continue posting CoMBoZo deals as StackVPS, but no, it would look really weird and become really obvious that they are trying to hide something.

Won't hide easily here. We sniff 'em out :)

Thanked by 1nguyen
  • @jarland said:
    Won't hide easily here. We sniff 'em out :)

I would imagine that the first comment on every of their future offers be: "Combozo = scam. Here's why!"

Thanked by 1nguyen
  • @theroyalstudent: Great. But I worry that newbie will be hanged on their trap like me.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • @StackVPS: You're still scam.

Thanked by 3doughmanes Kris nguyen
  • jarland said: Are they actually changing their company name or just being weird? I couldn't find their site.

Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-10-29T05:41:40Z
    Registrar: Name.com, Inc.
    Registrar IANA ID: 625
    Reseller:
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
    Registry Registrant ID:
    Registrant Name: ahmed hany
    Registrant Organization: egypt
    Registrant Street: egypt,cairo
    Registrant City: fowa
    Registrant State/Province: egyptany
    Registrant Postal Code: 00218
    Registrant Country: EG
    Registrant Phone: +20.193694438
    Registrant Email: [email protected]
    Registry Admin ID:
    Admin Name: ahmed hany
    Admin Organization: egypt
    Admin Street: egypt,cairo
    Admin City: fowa
    Admin State/Province: egyptany
    Admin Postal Code: 00218
    Admin Country: EG
    Admin Phone: +20.193694438
    Admin Email: [email protected]
    Registry Tech ID:
    Tech Name: ahmed hany
    Tech Organization: egypt
    Tech Street: egypt,cairo
    Tech City: fowa
    Tech State/Province: egyptany
    Tech Postal Code: 00218
    Tech Country: EG
    Tech Phone: +20.193694438
    Tech Email: [email protected]
    Name Server: ns1.twention.com
    Name Server: ns2.twention.com
    DNSSEC: Unsigned Delegation
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.1 7203101849
    URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
    >>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2016-02-14T12:29:58-07:00 

Probably, give it a week or two.

What puzzles me is he's had that domain since October 2015 and still chose comBozo.

Thanked by 2jar nguyen
  • Thanks all guy for your voices and recommdation. My Paypal dispute has already closed with my money come back.

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • Layer03Layer03 Member, Host Rep

I have read all post, congrats on your refund make sure to review first on your next provider.

Thanked by 1nguyen
  • not received any notification, or message, and then I checked my VPS it has been deleted

• qq7119qq7119 Member
    edited March 2016

@nguyen said:

I can not describe with words of anger, so I hope paypal staff See them ugly behavior