Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combozo / stackvps / x3host Review: possible scam - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Combozo / stackvps / x3host Review: possible scam

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2016

nguyen said: 8GB Ram with 48$/yr

I only got this far in your review, what on earth were you thinking haha, I suppose the phrase "if it sounds to good to be true it probably is" is dead and gone these days.

Seriously though, I am interested, what was your thought pattern and expectations when you bought this?

This works out at $0.75 p/YEAR.... YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! per 128mb.... which is less than a quarter of the cost of LES NAT servers, meaning the density on the nodes is probably about 32 to 1

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • I needed some LET drama today with my coffee, this hits the spot.

• sin said: I needed some LET drama today with my coffee, this hits the spot.

The globalfrag and Delimiter threads are pretty good too if you can spare the time. Just ignore the stuff about me trying to get @BharatB into bed, unless the thought of it turns you on, in which case I'm writing some fan fiction that addresses the subject.

Thanked by 4GM2015 namhuy ATHK Falzo
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited February 2016

Nekki and the Seven $7 Dwarfs

Nekki said: @BharatB into bed, unless the thought of it turns you on, in which case I'm writing some fan fiction that addresses the subject.

• @GM2015 said:
    Nekki and the Seven $7 Dwarfs

Anal Sensations II: Nekki and the homophobic dwarf.
    By the directors of "Ouch, do that again III" and "Damn, it burns IV".

• GM2015 said: Nekki and the Seven $7 Dwarfs

I'm moist.

Amitz said: Anal Sensations II: Nekki and the homophobic dwarf.

Not forgetting 'Anal Rippers IV: The Unveiling'.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • Not forgetting 'Anal Rippers IV: The Unveiling'.

Will never forget part III of that movie. You have been just brilliant there!

• Master Yoda tech support, he does.

• I posted in the wrong Combozo thread yesterday, but I'll repeat it here. I'm disappointed with their service. I was using my 8gb/300gb/4 core VPS.

Randomly they shut off my node for disk usage. Not disk IO, not CPU or memory usage... All of those were around 2% or 3%. They shut me off because I was using 30 gigs of space and they said it was against their TOS to store "backups".

My data wasn't a backup.

I'm not sure what I can use this VPS for if exceeding 10% of my allotted disk space is grounds for my VPS being halted.

Thanked by 2doughmanes namhuy
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@deftnerd Yea that is a bunch of bullshit! @combozo I would like to hear your shitty explanation for this also. Please take your time when you reply so we can understand the words that are coming out.

• DeftNerd said: they said it was against their TOS to store "backups".

really !? I just quick read over their tos and no where they mention it, even they really do, shame on them. Whatever you store on their vps (of course as long as they aren't any illegal) I don't see any point you can't use all of your allocated space.

• @CoMBoZo said:
    Because we don't have any mistake in our saying you can't say what is the truth try to find another thing to judge people

CoMBoZo: If you want to explain, please show the program eat your resource. Mysql huh? or wget? Ask hostodo for my 3 times requesting them to change node.

And while needing to delete totally my account without notification. My VPS also. Wtf, you want to clear something.

Poor greedy pig.

• @CoMBoZo said:
    We didn't sell our domain name " visahosting " and i bit you hadn't read the post their !

WTF, look at this https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/72391/auction-visahosting-dot-com-for-sale/p1

Just on Jan 2, 2016.

• Look at whois.domaintools.com/combozo.com then I see ahmed Samir in EG.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

well this is pointless.

Thanked by 3GM2015 ricardo ATHK
  • AnthonySmith said: well this is pointless.

Although, if it helps someone else make a sound decision about who to host with, it's worth at least that.

• MridulMridul Member
    edited February 2016

@Combozo, just go though some old posts by @jarland. Its a MUST READ ( for any Webhost ), over how he succeeded with his mxroute.

One Word : "Honesty"

• I'm glad I didn't fall for the GVH Combozo 8GB deal :p

• @Nekki said:
    Nikki I think this message was actually for you?

No idea who these people are, not affiliated in any way, nor what this whole thread is about ;p

But, after reading, pretty silly and glad I read it.

• I'm not sure if you got nekki's sarcasm.

Nikki said: No idea who these people are, not affiliated in any way, nor what this whole thread is about ;p

But, after reading, pretty silly and glad I read it.

• What is "EG" ?

• @tenpera said:
    What is "EG" ?

I think it's Egypt, but could be wrong.

• Eff... Had to place some ice on my right hand. Spilled hot coffee all over my screen.

Amitz said: Anal Sensations II: Nekki and the homophobic dwarf.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • TheOnlyDK said: I think it's Egypt, but could be wrong.

United states, Phoenix, AZ

Vs

Egypt

• namhuy said: United states, Phoenix, AZ

Doesn't look like US telephone (1-xxx-xxx-xxxx) and AUP/TOS looks like a copy/paste job with the company it was ripped from replaced with the "find, replace" command in a text editor.

• @namhuy said:

lol. Honestly I didn't even bother going to their site as I am too afraid that would generate too much load for their servers.

Thanked by 3doughmanes ATHK lazyt
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited February 2016

It's "not looks like it", it's surely a find replace job, especially because of the lack of capital letters for combozp.

doughmanes said: looks like a copy/paste job with the company it was ripped from replaced with the "find, replace" command in a text editor.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @Combozo said he want to refund but I still waiting for his answer....

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited February 2016

Don't close your dispute, unless you're refunded.