Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Highest Available Storage and RAM and the Cheapest Price! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Highest Available Storage and RAM and the Cheapest Price!

Comments

• EthernetServers won't allow storage and file sharing even on VPSs... the support just told me. So what would I need 400GB for?

• Hbr said: Any chance of getting the 50% off on annual payments? It would be an unbeatable offer then.

Are you taking the piss or what?

Thanked by 2sambling mpkossen
  • sandro said: EthernetServers won't allow storage and file sharing even on VPSs... the support just told me. So what would I need 400GB for?

Are you serious? I'm going to ask them now.

• Traffic said: Are you serious? I'm going to ask them now.

Try and let us know.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited October 2015

@sandro said:

Just did so. Directly with management.

• Traffic said: Just did so. Directly with management.

Dom?

• @Nekki said:
    Dom?

I have a ticket assigned to him, yes, so even if this is offtopic to that ticket I will ask him there.

• HbrHbr Member

@Nekki ... Why? They do over 80% off in some specific scenarios. Indeed 90% per what they explained. Why not 50% on annual plans every now and then?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited October 2015

Hbr said: Why? They do over 80% off in some specific scenarios. Indeed 90% per what they explained. Why not 50% on annual plans every now and then?

How's about you pay the very fair asking to sample the service and if it's to spec and you're going to place this HUGE order, then you can negotiate a volume discount?

• HbrHbr Member

@Nekki ... Sorry, i didn't get it.

• I don't actually care anymore, as you were.

Thanked by 1maoyipeng
  • HbrHbr Member
    edited October 2015

@Nekki ... Well, I meant to say I didn't undertsnad your suggestion.

• I know what you meant, but I'm tired and grumpy.

• HbrHbr Member

I've got it. Wish you a nice day then. :)

• @Traffic said:
    I have a ticket assigned to him, yes, so even if this is offtopic to that ticket I will ask him there.

Let us know please. It doesn't make much sense to have a storage server that can't be a storage server.

• Dominic told me that. I specifically asked for VPSs.

• HbrHbr Member
    edited October 2015

@Sandro ... What's the point in their 400GB HDD VPS then?

• @Hbr : thats how shit companies do marketing, unsustainable plans that trick unsuspecting people into buying them. @Traffic is a proud sales agent of that company.

• @JoeMerit said:
    Traffic is a proud sales agent of that company.

roflmao. give it a rest ... ;-)

• HbrHbr Member
    edited October 2015

Well, it sounds like we should stay away from EthernetServers then?

How about ZXHost 800GB disk plan? Anyone using it? Any feedback about it?

• @Traffic said:
    I have a ticket assigned to him, yes, so even if this is offtopic to that ticket I will ask him there

Did they answer?

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited October 2015

sandro said: Did they answer?

It's an administrative ticket (Accounting), so I expect some delay. I will post the reply here as soon as it's received.

Thanked by 1sandro
  • Almost no one gonna offer HA storage at affordable price,... Value your data while you burning their raid storage (High-IOPS),...

• You can use it as a storage server.

Thanked by 2deadbeef jamson
  • hawkjohn7hawkjohn7 Member
    edited October 2015

@Hbr said:
    Well, it sounds like we should stay away from EthernetServers then?

How about ZXHost 800GB disk plan? Anyone using it? Any feedback about it?

Anyone use zxhost? What processor they use?

• hawkjohn7 said: Anyone use zxhost? What processor they use?

Here you have the GHz: https://vrtz.net/vps/openvz/DE/nuremberg/111.html (3.411 GHz) for the 800GB plan.

Please note that each location and plan may on a different server. For example, their 3GB/200GB plan has allocated 1x 2.40GHz core.

• Traffic said: Here you have the GHz: https://vrtz.net/vps/openvz/DE/nuremberg/111.html (3.411 GHz) for the 800GB plan.

how old is this info? from what i understand they swapped to the much slower E5 cores some time back

Maybe @AshleyUk can confirm

• AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited October 2015

@TarZZ92 said:

LET Storage plan is completely separate to our standard offering's, which are on E5-2660V3 where the openvz storage plans are on i7's.

• @TarZZ92 said:

Much slower E5? I had one just the last month and it was an i7.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited October 2015

Issam2204 said: Much slower E5? I had one just the last month and it was an i7.

that was probably at his Hetzner location. (see above)