Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Highest Available Storage and RAM and the Cheapest Price! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Highest Available Storage and RAM and the Cheapest Price!

Comments

• I like how the specs are extremely flexible in this request, 750GB to up to 2TB disk, and at least 1024MB RAM, but preferably 2048MB or more.

Meanwhile the price can't go up the extra $0.48 that it would take to bring time4vps storage within budget.

• His requirements are alright, it's just that when people buy low end servers they expect high end service and then they moan when they don't get one. Every week you see a new thread pop up "oh no this happened, stay away". Well maybe you should think twice before asking for 2CPU/2GB/2TB for $5/month...

I don't understand some of the requirements. Maybe OP can explain what they mean by 100mbit AND 5TB bandwidth or "at least RAID1". That's just pure comedy right there.

Thanked by 1Hbr
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Time4VPS looks like your best offer.

• HbrHbr Member

Let me also explain one more thing about the thread: People including myself, should not expect the industry going to this level everywhere - I mean, to expect higher end hardware and resources for such a low pricing, as it is not feasible for most providers to offer due to the fact they cannot keep it sustainable in most countries.

On the other hand, it does not mean it is not possible! Everyone here used to deal with servers knows it is possible if you are okay earning a low margin. A modest example to illustrate it, 250 USD in the US does not provide you a living, as 250 EUR does not in many European countries; however, 250 USD/EUR is enough for a living in many other places. Considering this fact, it is much easier to someone from a lower cost of living country to provide what people in other places cannot - This is why China and other places produces what you will never be able to do in the US for the same pricing. Thereafter, those who are able to do it, they have a niche where other cannot enter it without losses.

In addition to this, low cost nodes does not mean a provider will not meet your expectation. Every now and then, we see people fulfilling someone's need much better than those practicing a high priced service do. I know and you know that chances are that something may go wrong at the lowest pricing much more easier than in higher pricing – It is a risk we assume. And since we are taking the risk, we cannot blame anyone but ourselves, as we should know what to do and where to do what we are planning to. There is no secret on it. Anyhow, we cannot generalize and assume every low costing service will not work or will be bad - Many people here and elsewhere are quite happy with their “10 bucks yearly nodes”.

Thus, who are the providers that can meet the high specs for the lowest costs?

Lets wait and see what everyone here can get…

• HbrHbr Member
    edited October 2015

@kontam said:

I don't understand some of the requirements. Maybe OP can explain what they mean by 100mbit AND 5TB bandwidth or "at least RAID1". That's just pure comedy right there.

Thanks for your question! I meant to say:

• 100mbit or more of up/down link (internet connection) guaranteed. The more the better.
    • 5TB bandwidth or more of data transfer.
    • As for RAID1 or whatever: at least one disk mirrored, or a point of failure protection.

The bottom note to this point is that no one can do what Time4VPS does?

Only one more provider can offer something similar?

Thanked by 1kontam
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Hbr said: The best link, at least 100mbps guaranteed

As you probably know the network is shared on VPS node and no one will guarantee the speed you do get as dedicated port cost more than $5 per month. Try the OnraHost at least with $7 you will get the following deal (close enough to your request):
    1GB Xen-HVM with 270GB HDD
    1GB RAM
    2 CPU core
    270GB HDD space (RAID10)
    2.5TB traffic
    1Gbps uplink
    1x IPv4
    /64 IPv6
    Xen-HVM/Virtualizor
    $7.00

Thanked by 1Hbr
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Hbr said: 100mbit or more of up/down link (internet connection) guaranteed. The more the better.

Not for $5/mo.

• JUNAIDJUNAID Member
    edited October 2015

At Serverhub (VPS Server) you get $10/month plan

1 GB RAM

1 TB Disk Space

2 TB Bandwidth

3 CORE CPU

4 IP Address

At Contabo (VPS Server) you get $8.96/month

6 GB RAM

500 GB Disk Space

Unmetered 100 Mbps Bandwidth

2 CORE CPU

1 IPv4 & 65,535 IPv6

At Wholesaleinternet (Dedicated Server) you get $10/month

2 GB RAM or 4GB RAM

500 GB Disk Space or 250 GB Disk Space

Unmetered 100 Mbps Bandwidth

2 CORE CPU

1 IPv4 & 64 IPv6

Thanked by 1Hbr
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited October 2015

The first question you'd have to ask yourself whether you'd provide such storage at such low prices?

Would you care about the service/customer complaints for that $X/month?

• How can ethernetservers afford something like that? I bet the CPU is severely limited

• Hbr said: Additionally it is not hard to find 12TB dedicate nodes for EUR 40.

1. Where would you find that?
    2. But you want RAID1 so your looking at ~5.75TB... So that's 5.2 Euro for 750GB ($5.83 which is over your budget)..

Hbr said: @Iffi lol ... Overselling and OVZ always make some deals possible!

Yes but you're planning to use all 50TB of storage. I'm not sure about the oversell rate on an OpenVZ storage offering as I haven't offered it but I personally wouldn't be comfortable going 10% higher.

Honestly: if you can find or colocate servers which gets you to the $5 / RAID1 750GB or TB then do it. You won't have all the other overheads that a host has. If you can't, accept that this is unrealistic.

• @Hbr said:
    Only one more provider can offer something similar?

I used to offer a high storage vps for one person only with 1tb space but after finding out it was used as a seedbox and well ovh kept emailing me to the point they null routed that ip yea like everyone said not going to happen(especially not for that price as I can tell you right now dealing with the possible abuse issues like said above yea no one is going to do that so here is your answer no!)
    and not with a dedicated port either as that costs and you will likely never get that with a vps.

• HbrHbr Member

@JUNAID ... Thanks for contributing dude!

@GM2015 said:
    The first question you'd have to ask yourself whether you'd provide such storage at such low prices?
    Would you care about the service/customer complaints for that $X/month?

Some providers could deal with some level of support, depending where they live, their costs, as well the desired earning margins. Other cannot for sure. At this pricing level I'd expect zero support: The provider should take care only the dedicate server aspects as the customers wouldn't have access to it. I believe a "no support policy" would be fair enought then. Anyway, some basic support would be a plus.

@Sandro said:
    How can ethernetservers afford something like that? I bet the CPU is severely limited

Good question.

@Sambling ... Get it at Servdiscont. :)

@Timnboys ... That's sad how people abuse the things. If everyone could make some effort to do what is right and good for part, things like this could happen much easier. However, it is not possible to predict when you'd have some good customers and when you're going to deal with some dicks, unfortunately.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Hbr EtherNetServers $20/Year - 1.5 GB Ram - 400 GB Space & 6 TB Bandwidth is active. Won't you try it ?? Though it's Colocrossing, what the heck to do with CC / Anywhere else when it comes to storage server :D

• sandrosandro Member
    edited October 2015

@hbr I believe you wanna do file sharing right (considering the amount of HDD needed).

The terms of ethernetservers say this:

Examples of unacceptable content or links:

• Unsolicited Mail (Spamming)
    • Distributing illegal copies of copyrighted software or Warez
    • Violations of copyrights, trademarks or U.S laws
    • Selling and/or distributing illegal contraband
    • Anything related to IRC
    • Hacking Tools and/or programs
    • File Sharing, Image Galleries, Image Hosting, and/or Storage sites
    • Escrow sites
    • Investment sites
    • AutoSurf sites
    • Banking sites
    • Lottery sites

I'm not sure if this is for Web hosting only though.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited October 2015

sandro said: I'm not sure if this is for Web hosting only though.

I'm pretty sure that's for shared hosting only. However you can always send a ticket and experience their extremely fast support :)

The $20/yr package I posted before is having great success. Hopefully someone posts here with some benchmarks of it.

• sandrosandro Member
    edited October 2015

@Traffic said:
    The $20/yr package I posted before is having great success. Hopefully someone posts here with some benchmarks of it.

Already did that! No answer yet though :P Anyway If that plan is really reliable it could really be a replacement for scaleway. It really comes down to how the CPU usage is configured or when an abuse is considered so for them. 4 cores is a lot...

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited October 2015

@sandro said:
    Already did that! No answer yet though :P Anyway If that plan is really reliable it could really be a replacement for scaleway. It really comes down to how the CPU usage is configured or when an abuse is considered so for them. 4 cores is a lot...

They are. These are the ones I have in my VPS in LA (this is just one of their cheap $12/yr plans):

root@redacted:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor   : 0
    vendor_id   : GenuineIntel
    cpu family  : 6
    model       : 58
    model name  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 V2 @ 3.40GHz
    stepping    : 9
    microcode   : 27
    cpu MHz     : 3401.000
    cache size  : 8192 KB
    physical id : 0
    siblings    : 8
    core id     : 0
    cpu cores   : 4
    apicid      : 0
    initial apicid  : 0
    fpu     : yes
    fpu_exception   : yes
    cpuid level : 13
    wp      : yes
    flags       : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf cpuid_faulting pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm ida arat epb pln pts dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase smep erms xsaveopt
    bogomips    : 6800.16
    clflush size    : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes   : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

[4 like this one]

And here is a quick CPU benchmark (using only 1 core AFAIK):

root@redacted:~# dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=1024 | md5sum
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.07087 s, 518 MB/s
    Thanked by 1sandro
  • DianTamaDianTama Member
    edited October 2015

@Traffic said:

Today i get the $20/yr package from EthernetServer.

Custom Package - vrtz.net
    1.5GB RAM 400GB HDD 4Core @ 3.50GHz 6TB BW
    Location. Los Angeles, California.

Here The Bench Result.

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1241 v3 @ 3.50GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency :  3501.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 1536 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime :   3:04,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 99.3MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 36.0MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 64.4MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 8.30MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 4.84MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 24.2MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 11.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 76.4MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 102MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 31.9MB/s
    I/O speed :  176 MB/s

root@dian:~# dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=1024 | md5sum
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.18707 s, 491 MB/s

Speedtest Result.

Testing from QuadraNet (72.11.xxx.xxx)...
    Selecting best server based on latency...
    Hosted by Atlantic Metro (Los Angeles, CA) [1.21 km]: 9.891 ms
    Testing download speed........................................
    Download: 796.00 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed..................................................
    Upload: 452.61 Mbit/s

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • @DianTama said:

Look good

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • Issam2204Issam2204 Member
    edited October 2015

@DianTama said:

Still available? I can't really find it.

EDIT: Found it.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • Issam2204 said: Still available? I can't really find it.

I posted it on the first page: https://vrtz.net/vps/openvz/US/los-angeles/214.html

In case anyone else wants to see it.

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Traffic Reading the Product description, it seems that it is customized for vrtz.net Readers. Right/Wrong ??

• Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: @Traffic Reading the Product description, it seems that it is customized for vrtz.net Readers. Right/Wrong ??

Correct, it is an exclusive plan.

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited October 2015

@Traffic said:
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.07087 s, 518 MB/s

Nice little and fast benchmark, thank you.

1240v3 = 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.84419 s, 582 MB/s

vs

1231v3 = 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.64983 s, 651 MB/s

It clearly shows how the newer generation of Intel cpus are great :)

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • EthernetServers has Dominic Le Page as a co-founder. Ring any bells?

• @mpkossen said:
    EthernetServers has Dominic Le Page as a co-founder. Ring any bells?

No, tell us.

• @cassa said:
    Time4VPS storage VPS maybe?

May I know In which country they provide vps ? (vps server location which we will buy)

On their website they did not mentioned it or may be I could not understand.

• JUNAID said: May I know In which country they provide vps ? (vps server location which we will buy)

Time4VPS is in Lithuania.