Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Highest Available Storage and RAM and the Cheapest Price! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Highest Available Storage and RAM and the Cheapest Price!

Comments

• HbrHbr Member

@movieman43 said: I asked them a few questions about their service and they basically said they did not want to sell to me.

I tried doing some custom deals with ethernetservers and it sounds like they does not do it, at least in this moment if I understood it well. It would be nice if they could provide the possibility for custom deals, even on a budget. What did they told you?

• @Hbr said:
    I tried doing some custom deals with ethernetservers and it sounds like they does not do it, at least in this moment if I understood it well. It would be nice if they could provide the possibility for custom deals, even on a budget. What did they told you?

I asked if they would do monthly billing and if they would tell me an average number of vps per node

• XenosXenos Member
    edited October 2015

@Hbr said:
    If it is actually $8 a year, they should sell tons of these!

I was exaggerating, but not a whole lot. He was offering a 4TB vps for $7/month last week.

• HbrHbr Member
    edited October 2015

@Xenos ... Well, I wouldn't mind paying $10 for it! lol

I saw the offer you are mentioning. Despite the kidding, if they could arrange some storage deals with high amoung of disk space since they already offered it, they could make a little money per node, and with many nodes a lot of money if it is completely unmanaged, as they wouldn't need to provide any sort of support but for hardware. I don't know, maybe it could work depending on the hardware they make available for this.

• HbrHbr Member
    edited October 2015

Is the only provider able to match it Time4VPS?

No one else on earth?

• Care to wait more than 3 hours? Different time zones...

• Specs in the OP are easily do-able, just not for that budget...

If you want 50 of them over the next year why not just go for a dedicated with big disks?

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Traffic said:

vrtz.net seems to be down.

It's not just you! http://vrtz.net looks down from here.

• HbrHbr Member
    edited October 2015

@Frecyboy ... Lets wait and see, as it is very likely you are right. :)

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL ... Yes, it is down to me as well.

@Wych ... What I'm talking about for over 50 of these is a bit different as it is more to partnering with some hosting service providers to take care of some demands. But that's a whole different history yet to be planned. Anyhow, it is a nice thing to check what people are willing to do, in a manner you can evaluate who are the ones you'd like to deal with for this or that project. That's all about trial and error, and filtering the stuff prior to accomplish anything really serious.

• wychwych Member
    edited October 2015

@Hbr would be a strange partnership but sure.

just remember that providers also have overheads and need to pay staff, as others have said you will get unsustainable offers but occasionally hosts do run loss leaders.

Thanked by 1angrysnarl
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited October 2015

@Hbr @Mahfuz_SS_EHL

Correct, sorry for that. It's @nexmark's fault... :)

I am moving servers as soon as it's back online. Should not have so much problems.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Traffic said:
    Hbr Mahfuz_SS_EHL

Correct, sorry for that. It's nexmark's fault... :)

I am moving servers as soon as it's back online. Should not have so much problems.

So, you own the Website ?? :)

• HbrHbr Member
    edited October 2015

To this point only two providers can meet the requirements, where the first provide more HDD resources:

http://www.time4vps.eu/aff.php?aff=292

http://zxhost.co.uk/client/aff.php?aff=15&pid=10

It sounds like both are affiliate links, but I decided keeping it as it is since the guys has helped finding them. :)

We are probably about to find a few other hosting companies willing to offer some nice deals.

I wish ZXhost ( @AshleyUk ) could offer some sort of customization matching some pricing points, but it seems like they won't do it at this time...

• Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: So, you own the Website ?? :)

Correct. Is it wrong?

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

Currently I am using Softlayer for storage! and i just love them ( But it will hurt your budget )

• HbrHbr Member
    edited October 2015

@adxn ... That's IBM, right? Not an inexpensive option. :)

Are you a cyber security researcher indeed? Would you mind PMing me a contact email?

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

check out https://www.hetzner.de/us/hosting/produkte_rootserver/sx61
    If you go with RAID-5 it is 18TB of space for 69€. so it is around 3.9€ per 1TB if you split it up to VPS containers.

Thanked by 1Hbr
  • HbrHbr Member
    edited October 2015

@exception0x876 ... Well, that's very interesting for a higher demand despite the setup fee.

http://xenpower.com/ ( @Prometeus ) has some nice deals, but didn't match the pricing point. They got almost there, but didn't match it. Maybe there are some coupons or alternative config available?

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited October 2015

I'm going to tell you right now.

No.

• HbrHbr Member
    edited October 2015

@0xdragon ... What exactly? :)

No coupons or alternative/custom configs?

• @Hbr said:
    0xdragon ... What exactly? :)

No coupons or alternative/custom configs?

You have an unrealistic expectation that will literally just end in some 1 month old "hosting" company" coming along and making an unrealistic offer (if even they would make an offer like that). Then in a few weeks time, you'll come into LET to complain about how:

"It wasn't fast enough"

"I couldn't use all of my storage"

"The hosting provider deadpooled."

Your choice. You're asking for the impossible and it's not worth anybody's time, effort, or money for your $5.

Thanked by 1Hbr
  • Hbr said: Well, I'm sure it would sell a lot...

I would purchase over 50 of these in the coming year.

If you can purchase 50, why not purchase a dedicated server instead of a 5 dollar a month VPS?

Thanked by 1Hbr
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2015

@Hbr if you are serious about needing this and more than one, then you should go buy a Hetzner i7-2600 w/ 2x3TB, 20TB bw (then limited to 10mbit) and 16Gb ram and them you should software raid0 the 2 drives and install Xen/SoluVM/Proxmox and generate your own VMs on it (or just use it as a single large storage server). There will be no redundancy when a drive fails but you can make 6 VMs with 1TB storage, 2.5GB ram and shares all 8 threads and it would only cost you about 30-35 Euro per month. This is the ONLY way you are getting what you want at the price you are asking. Also, anyone willing to offer you that much storage at a price point is not going to be offering raid either, so I would be very careful what you store there and trusting them with your data.

My 2 cents.

Cheers

• HbrHbr Member
    edited October 2015

@0xdragon ... I understand your point and agree with that. I have seen several troubles going on many times here and elsewhere. However, there is always someone or a company that can do what other are not willing to: These are the ones I'm trying to identify. For now, I have noted around 6 to 11 of them, but within that budget range only 2 companies, thus not that unrealistic. With a little help from the community members, we can compile a list of them and use as a reference for whatever fits each one's need and expectation.

@ratherbak3d ... I'm trying to figure out who are the ones that can provide these VPSes. As for dedicate nodes, I have compiled a list with over 20 providers with very competitive prices, and I may share here on another thread if people want it. However I'm not really looking for dedicate nodes. I do have two dedicate nodes for production purposes. Now I only want to see who are doing low cost VPSes.

@TheLinuxBug ... I know it buddy. Additionally it is not hard to find 12TB dedicate nodes for EUR 40. On the other hand, it is quite hard finding VPSes with higher specification at a budget. Since there are 2 providers on this list that meets the requirements, maybe other could join the thread and tell us what they can offer. :)

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited October 2015

Maybe you should change your title to be : The Cheapest Storage Provider? Cause the best in not equal with the cheapest. And reading your post, all you want is highest available storage with the cheapest price. Meanwhile, the best in my opinion consist of reliability, uptime, performance, and support.

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • HbrHbr Member
    edited October 2015

@sirmbhe ... Agreed, since I started it I would like to change it. It sounds like I can't do it from my end?

However, I would change it to what you have said:

• @Hbr said:
    sirmbhe ... Agreed, since I started it I would like to change it. It sounds like I can't do it from my end?

However, I would change it to what you have said:

I'll tag @Mikho into this to fulfil this request.

Thanked by 1Hbr
  • HbrHbr Member

Thank you buddy!

Kindly change it to:

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited October 2015

@0xdragon said:
    You have an unrealistic expectation that will literally just end in some 1 month old "hosting" company" coming along and making an unrealistic offer (if even they would make an offer like that). Then in a few weeks time, you'll come into LET to complain about how:

"It wasn't fast enough"

"I couldn't use all of my storage"

"The hosting provider deadpooled."

Your choice. You're asking for the impossible and it's not worth anybody's time, effort, or money for your $5.

You forgot to tag IgniteServers :O

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed
  • @Hbr said:
    Yes Mark, I do agree with you that it is not easy.

But since that provider mentioned above is able to do something similar, maybe other providers can do the same or even better. And I really would like to find some of them right now and for future relationship. The drawback for time4vps is the biennially payment - I mean: they could try offering the same discount for yearly payments!

The yearly discount is still good. Even the normal monthly price is under $5