Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Highest Available Storage and RAM and the Cheapest Price! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Highest Available Storage and RAM and the Cheapest Price!

Comments

• HbrHbr Member

@sandro said:
    hbr I believe you wanna do file sharing right (considering the amount of HDD needed).
    I'm not sure if this is for Web hosting only though.

I would use it as a spare machine to transfer larger files between some nodes, as well to try some services. It is more to a spare machine of no serious use than anything else... Anyway, for now I just want to identify the providers that are able to offer it. For the comming year I do have other purposes for it.

@mpkossen said:
    EthernetServers has Dominic Le Page as a co-founder. Ring any bells?

What's up?

• Ah, almost forgotten about Dom.

Serial offender, started up no end of companies only to see them crash and burn months later. In all fairness, hasn't been around LET in ages, so he may have finally broken the cycle, although if he's offering plans that are too good to be true, I'd be careful.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited October 2015

Thanks, nearly got swagged into testing, will not pay a cent to this guy.

@Nekki said:
    Ah, almost forgotten about Dom.

Serial offender, started up no end of companies only to see them crash and burn months later. In all fairness, hasn't been around LET in ages, so he may have finally broken the cycle, although if he's offering plans that are too good to be true, I'd be careful.

@mpkossen said:
    EthernetServers has Dominic Le Page as a co-founder. Ring any bells?

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited October 2015

-

• @risharde said:

It's mean ethernetserver not solid provider?

• movieman43movieman43 Member
    edited October 2015

@risharde said:

I want to test it but so many red flags

• @hawkjohn7 said:
    It's mean ethernetserver not solid provider?

It means you're taking a risk paying yearly for a VPS with them, yeah. Could be the next GVH #drama

• mikeyur said: It means you're taking a risk paying yearly for a VPS with them, yeah. Could be the next GVH #drama

Honest question: Why would they provide me with monthly plans as well then? I have a few exclusive plans which range from $2 to $6 per month, and they're still great value... (not a fake price to force people to order yearly, I mean)

• @mikeyur said:
    It means you're taking a risk paying yearly for a VPS with them, yeah. Could be the next GVH #drama

Thanks,

• @Traffic said:
    Honest question: Why would they provide me with monthly plans as well then? I have a few exclusive plans which range from $2 to $6 per month, and they're still great value... (not a fake price to force people to order yearly, I mean)

Dom wasn't a scammer by any means, his businesses just didn't seem to last very long, hence why paying yearly for anything is a bit of a gamble - I don't think any of the previous ventures lasted a year.

I do hope he's learned his lessons and turned things around.

Thanked by 2Traffic mpkossen
  • @Traffic said:

The about us page not look like profesional hosting provider :/

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • @Traffic said:

New host + too good to be true plans + (supposedly) sketchy founder + yearly payments = risky buy. Most of the offers I've seen people sharing have been yearlies.

If they have cheap monthly plans and people are really set on trying them out, then I would opt for those rather than shelling out more cash upfront and hoping they're still around in a year. Even with monthly plans that still leaves the 3 other points, although there's less financial risk involved.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

timnboys said: I used to offer a high storage vps for one person only with 1tb space but after finding out it was used as a seedbox

Oh my God!

I hope you received some trauma counseling after being exposed to such a shocking state of affairs. I mean, someone took your OVH-based lowend VPS and used it for a SEEDBOX!?!?! The horror!

timnboys said: and well ovh kept emailing me to the point they null routed that ip yea like everyone said not going to happen

Since probably 50% of the world's seedboxes are hosted on OVH...I am skeptical of your story.

Over many years, OVH has never emailed me once and that is what I hear from others as well.

• HbrHbr Member

How about Time4VPS? How solid they are?

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

I agree with @mikeyur on the formula probability.

Interested in Time4VPS so asking the same question as @Hbr, how solid are they?

• @risharde said:
    I agree with mikeyur on the formula probability.

Interested in Time4VPS so asking the same question as Hbr, how solid are they?

I want to know too.
    How about conection/peering time4vps?

• @hawkjohn7 said:

400Mbps. Not sure about peering though, sorry.

• Traffic said: 400Mbps. Not sure about peering though, sorry.

where's your affiliate link ? LOL.

hawkjohn7 said: I want to know too. How about conection/peering time4vps?

@time4vps

they hard limit IOPS :P

• @Traffic are you prepared to be held accountable for these 'exclusive' packages you are heavily marketing (due to the high affiliate commission payout) if they go out of business ?

Thanked by 1J1021
  • deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited October 2015

@JoeMerit said:
    Traffic are you prepared to be held accountable for these 'exclusive' packages you are heavily marketing (due to the high affiliate commission payout) if they go out of business ?

Yeah, he's gonna send his oldest son to your castle as a prisoner. We don't want you buying vpses without some solid guarantee.

Thanked by 2Traffic vimalware
  • deadbeef said: Yeah, he's gonna send his oldest son to your castle as a prisoner. We don't want you buying vpses without some solid guarantee.

Well... if he is profiting on every plan sold and people are only buying them because a) he made a custom plan with the owners b) he is recommending them

shouldn't he bare some responsibility if the company goes poof ?

Thanked by 1J1021
  • @JoeMerit said:
    shouldn't he bare some responsibility if the company goes poof ?

No, exactly just like a television or a newspaper doesn't have any responsibility for running ads. Unless the buyer is somehow unable to manage his affairs (kid, certified moron), he bears full responsibility for his actions.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • television and newspaper ads and a commissioned salesperson are two different things.

Thanked by 1J1021
  • @Traffic said:
    This is the only other similar offer that I know of. It is more expensive than your request but I don't have anything else that I know of.

Ffffff. I have a VPS reseller with them and I'm overpaying. Like really overpaying. $24/year 1GB VPS is what I pay.

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited October 2015

@JoeMerit said:
    television and newspaper ads and a commissioned salesperson are two different things.

Oh, I thought they both made money from other people's products and everyone profiting is supposedly liable - but now they're "different"?

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

tommy said: they hard limit IOPS :P

Not for long now. We are adding new NAS nodes to our storage cluster, so IOPS limitation will not bother our customers anymore. Storage cluster upgrade will complete in next few months or even faster.

Thanked by 3deadbeef vimalware marl
  • hawkjohn7hawkjohn7 Member
    edited October 2015

@time4vps said:

Hey dude,

How hard do you limit?

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

hawkjohn7 said: How hard do you limit?

400 IOPS.

• @hawkjohn7 said:
    How hard do you limit?

That sounds pretty hot.

Thanked by 2time4vps deadbeef
  • HbrHbr Member

@time4vps ... Any chance of getting the 50% off on annual payments?
    It would be an unbeatable offer then.