Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quarterly Top Provider Poll - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quarterly Top Provider Poll

Comments

• 1- Ethernet Servers

2- NexHost

Thanked by 1nexmark
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@linuxthefish said:
    What is classed as a new provider?

I think it might be interesting to leave the definition loose, personally :)

Cool to see what people add.

• This time around it's getting harder and harder to remember all the consolidated carriers.

1. Ramnode
    2. BuyVM
    3. Online.net
    Thanked by 1jar
  • StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

BuyVM, Ramnode, DrServer

Thanked by 1drserver
  • In no particular order:

Prometeus - Simply the best provider ever
    SecureDragon - Simply the best provider ever on the other side of the Atlantic
    InceptionHosting - Simply the best provider ever located in between the other two

Best new provider?

I'd like to select Mean Servers for this. A new provider with good VPS and a nice free monitoring add-on that works perfectly! They've been in business since August 2014 and were first featured on LEB in December 2014.

1. Online.net - Scaleway is the best service of this year so far;
    2. Ramnode - The best support of all my service providers;
    3. OVH - dirt-cheap but rock-solid storage (Hubic) and VPS

Best new provider: NexHost

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited October 2015
    • Afterburst (FanaticalVPS)
    • InceptionHosting
    • Ramnode

And my extra vote, probably isn't that new, but I think they make a difference here and I am eager to try them:

• Lunanode
    Thanked by 2hbjlee17 Flapadar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Three rules added that we all agreed on and I failed to post by rewriting the copy instead of simply pasting it. Basic stuff I think but fair to note.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2015
    1. Online.net - Unbeatable price/service ratio for low end dedicated servers.

2. vStoike - A Russian ISP which not only doesn't suck but provides great services while maintaining very reasonable pricing.

3. GinerNet - I can finally have a decent Spanish VPS without paying 100€/year. Also, basic DDoS protection via Voxility is included.

Best new provider: Vscale. Still in beta but could be the Russian DigitalOcean, backed by Selectel.

@Kobian said:
    UltraVPS

You should probably specify if .eu or .com.

Thanked by 1jmginer
  • souensouen Member
    edited October 2015

DeepNet Solutions - good network uptime and speed, timely ticket responses
    Ellipsis Node - great uptime, support responds promptly and is generally very accommodating
    LowEndSpirit (Inception Hosting) - I like the small plans at less common LE* locations

New provider/HM: Kihi (founded in 2014 iirc, <2 years) - nice storage plans, owner is friendly and open to suggestions

Thanked by 2gestiondbi AutoSnipe
  • Ramnode, Prometeus & SecureDragon

New provider: VPSBiT

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • adxnadxn Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2015

RamNode - Never made me sad!

LeapSwitch- The only Indian provider with a good support team and infrastructure I have ever found

Softlayer- Quality :)

New Provider: Mean Servers

• Issam2204Issam2204 Member
    edited October 2015

Dacentec

ZXPlay

1. FAPVPS - Reliable, High Uptime Host, Can't recommend enough.
    2. BUYVM - Good, speedy network, Skilled staff, Dependable
    3. VULTR - Hourly Billing <3, Ability to load own ISO, dependable network and servers.
  • RamNode

Backupsy

• Kvmba_Kvmba_ Member
    edited October 2015

1.Online.net

2.DigitalOcean

3.EvoBurst

Best New Provider: nexhost

Thanked by 2nexmark AutoSnipe
  • SenraSenra Member
    edited October 2015

Online.net DigitalOcean HostWithLinux

Edit: less than 5 posts at time of voting

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • manlivomanlivo Member
    edited October 2015

Ramnode, VPSDime, HostUS

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • Linode, DrServer, BuyVM

Thanked by 1drserver
  • Maximum_VPSMaximum_VPS Member
    edited October 2015

@VPSSoldiers
    @FapVPS
    @Terafire

We refuse any prize.

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited October 2015

Amitz said: vStoike (@jamaica)

Jamaica doesn't work at vStoike anymore.

Thanked by 2Amitz bersy
  • EvoBurst
    BoltVM
    RunAbove

New : HostOdo

Thanked by 2Steven_F AutoSnipe
  • edited October 2015

Online.net(awesome specials, generous traffic allotments, IPMI)

Worldstream(great support/price/performance ratio)

Dediserve(great support and a wide variety of locations)

Best new provider: Runabove(great price/performance ratio)

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited October 2015

Luna Node - Every cloud feature you'd ever want at rock bottom LES prices. Awesome service

Incero (Wable/Speedy KVM) - I'm both a colo & VPS customer (Wable & SpeedyKVM). Rock solid service.

Delimiter - Excellent pricing and network. Haven't really needed to use support yet, so that's usually a plus. Colo & Dedi customer, haven't yet tried the VPS lineup.

Best new provider: ImpactVPS - Tried them out during their beta and recently became a customer again. Solid service, excellent support and killer pricing for the resources provided.

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited October 2015

@Ramnode @Evoburst @HostUS

New for LET : @arubacloud

Ramnode -No Bad Surprises

Evoburst -Good Support and best price and Friendly people

HostUS -Great provider-and Support

Aruba Cloud - VPS in Europe with great support and Quality without making hole in the pocket

Thanked by 2AutoSnipe AlexanderM
    • BoltVM
    • evoBurst (incl. its various sub-brands)
    • Time4VPS
    Thanked by 2Steven_F AutoSnipe
  • LeeLee Veteran

I have given my votes to those who I actually use and use consistently enough to justify the mention.

Digital Ocean

DO is just a great all rounder, offering a solid, reliable platform. Whilst I have had one or two issues they have been dealt with quickly and effectively. It's my go to when I need to fire something up for a quick test and I have my own ready configured snapshots to restore from to get up and running quickly.

LInode

My go to for production needs, support times have slowed a bit in the last 18 months or so but still my best performing service of all time for many years. There really is no better provider for production VPS given their range of locations, hardware and just all round service.

BuyVM/BuyShared

Specifically BuyShared, for the money you really can't expect more than what they offer. Fran tries exceptionally hard at the front end and love or loathe him Aldryic clearly knows his stuff and works as hard behind the scenes.

Others

Can't name any newbies because I never take the chance on using a new provider to LET. However I would at least give an honourable mention to Dediserve, a top performer, great service and a good range of keenly priced extras for when you need everything under the one roof.

I am not using them at the moment and most likely not in the near future as I can't wait for their Docklands service to resume however I would highly recommend grabbing their next deal when it comes around.

Thanked by 1YellowHummingbird
    • Dacentec
    • @Maximum_VPS (oops I used VPS again, sue me)
    • Digital Ocean (I average 10 VPSs with them for various needs, only downside is no DDoS protection)
    Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • @VPSSoldiers oh we will .... going to sue you for the use of "vps" in your company name .... DEAL WITH IT :P

1. Bandwagonhost
    2. delimitervps
    3. leaseweb

Newcomer vote: All newcomers I had service with were bad.

This discussion has been closed.