Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

serverdragon no privacy beware - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

serverdragon no privacy beware

Comments

• @spycrab101 ovh cares about jack squad... and if they ever start caring they just terminate you probably

@halfeatenpie I love penguins!!!!!

@kujoe nice quote , let's keep it somewhere safe for the future

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@netomx said: I hate you :(

I took care of you. ;)

@kbeezie said: ... but how do you know they're cooking meth unless you installed some cameras without their consent...

Our meth detectors in the hallway went off. :)

• You all seem to agree with SD so I'm not damaging anybody.

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited December 2012

@KuJoe said: Our meth detectors in the hallway went off. :)

... I'm wondering if there's seriously a meth detector, kinda like carbon monoxide detectors etc.

@spycrab101 said: You all seem to agree with SD so I'm not damaging anybody.

Besides the point. Your anonymity is pretty much part of the reason why we're siding with SD (well not really since you blatantly admitted to violating the terms, but even if that wasn't the case, accusations said by an anonymous person carries no weight anyways).

• smelled burnt electrical smell coming from your apartment determined that we needed to act before there was a building fire.

edited December 2012

@kbeezie said: ... I'm wondering if there's seriously a meth detector, kinda like carbon monoxide detectors etc.

I'm sure one can be built if there isn't already. I've heard the chemicals used aren't exactly easy on the olfactory system either.

• @KuJoe said: A VPS is like an apartment. We're the landlords and we don't allow cooking meth in our building.

xD You're pretty funny. heh.

• @spycrab101 said: You all seem to agree with SD so I'm not damaging anybody.

@spycrab101 - I have always said that providers should stick together against abusers, so this is us sticking together.

• So -- I got to this point in the thread and two things come to mind.

1) @KuJoe probably has some free space on a node now to sell.
    2) @spycrab101 probably uses 12345 on his luggage combination.

• @connercg He probably uses a TSA lock and then gets pissed when luggage screening opens his bag using a master key when a sniffer dog detects something in his bag.

• @marcm said: @spycrab101 - I have always said that providers should stick together against abusers, so this is us sticking together.

I completely agree!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2012

@marcm said: I have always said that providers should stick together against abusers, so this is us sticking together.

I agree, but we should also all keep an open mind and hear people out. All of us have different ways of monitoring for abuse, it's interesting to compare notes and opinions with providers as well as clients.

• @jarland said: I agree, but we should also all keep an open mind and hear people out. All of us have different ways of monitoring for abuse, it's interesting to compare notes.

Kind of hard to hear someone out who is completely anonymous and openly admitted to abusing terms :D

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@KuJoe said: I took care of you. ;)

I dont hate you anymore :)

• This thread is still going? Wtf?

• @Damian said: This thread is still going? Wtf?

It's taken on a life of it's own.... :D

• @kbeezie said: It's taken on a life of it's own.... :D

The head! Shoot it in the head!

• If you are reading this you are violating my own made up laws about privacy which will be enforced by me and only me. TMTMTMTMTMTMTMCOPYRIGHTMTMTTMTM

• @Damian said: The head! Shoot it in the head!

Naw Man... the Brain's in the Dick... ( .. like in the watch).

• @ztec said: If you are reading this you are violating my own made up laws about privacy which will be enforced by me and only me. TMTMTMTMTMTMTMCOPYRIGHTMTMTTMTM

But... my files are private :(

• ztecztec Member
    edited December 2012

@Damian said: But... my files are private :(

I will sue you for this.
    My lawyer will contact your mom.

• @spycrab101 said: You all seem to agree with SD so I'm not damaging anybody.

No damage done is the result, but your intention was to cause as much harm as possible to SecureDragon, you just failed to judge the stupidity of the community to buy into your side.

• @miTgiB said: SecureDragon

Tim, you're going to hate me.

But its ServerDragon now.

• @HalfEatenPie said: its ServerDragon now

Secure/Server, who cares, dragons beat all

• @miTgiB said: No damage done is the result, but your intention was to cause as much harm as possible to SecureDragon, you just failed to judge the stupidity of the community to buy into your side.

@miTgiB - I guess that @spycrab101 was expecting a bash fest where everyone would take on ServerDragon, however that didn't happen. Well said @miTgiB

This thread did result in at least one new order so I didn't mind it. :)

• cosmicgatecosmicgate Member
    edited December 2012

personally i would feel my privacy has been invaded if a provider goes through my files but in this case, since mr spy clearly violated TOS by having a copy of "Dexter" on his vps, the provider has the right to terminate his service, but still, not to the extend of going through a person's files.

I would assume that KJ found out about the "dexter" file through lsof but if he did vzctl enter opensesami shit, i would have done the same thing like mr spy.

Perhaps what the provider can do is suspend the vps immediately, notify the owner that they believe they might have breached TOS, and seek permission to scan those files. Going through one's vps is like I SUSPECT YOU HAVE committed a crime, i am here to search for evidence and i am here without a search warrant.

Anyways, good job for KJ for actively kicking out the bad guys in his business.

• If you must encrypt your crap, get a kvm vm somewhere and enable encryption. They can't really see what you're up to either way, the encryption is probably redundant.

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited December 2012

This means that you can't run Tor exits on Serverdragon?

• @GIANT_CRAB said: Serverdragon?

Fixed that for ya.