Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dacentec $20 server : back with 100mbps unmetered option - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dacentec $20 server : back with 100mbps unmetered option

12346»

Comments

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Not sure 30 minute intervals would work, they go pretty fast but hope you get one

@al3xt said:
    a minute? heh, i wouldn't want them to block my IP. 30 minutes is just fine :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2015

risharde said: Just checked my drives... they seem to be nearly 5 years old... really fearful of them failing...

Yeah how dare they to not provide brand new 2x2TB drives on a $20 server!

• risharde said: Just checked my drives... they seem to be nearly 5 years old... really fearful of them failing...

@rm_ said:

My opinion is you shouldn't have to pay more than $100/x, where x is the age of the drives in years ...

• @singsing said:
    My opinion is you shouldn't have to pay more than $100/x, where x is the age of the drives in years ...

Per drive, as he has two, the cost of the $20 server is well within that.

I've just checked mine and they are a mixed bag: 1.7 years, 4.6 years and 58 days. Presumably the older two were already in the box and the newer on is the drive added as I specified an extra one on the order. I definitely know that I don't have three drives from the same batch so don't run the extra risk of simultaneous failure that this can cause!

• I wish I'd have the budget for it. Awesome offer.

I am well aware of the low price for the server but both of the drives are around the same age of over 5 years so maybe even same batch. I really didn't say that I expected brand new drives. I said I was hoping for newer drives since some mentioned 3 year old drives. God forbid I wanted ddr4 ram or implied that in these posts :o

@rm_ said:

The mix of drives you got is great for exactly the reason I was thinking

@MeAtExampleDotCom said:
    I've just checked mine and they are a mixed bag: 1.7 years, 4.6 years and 58 days. Presumably the older two were already in the box and the newer on is the drive added as I specified an extra one on the order. I definitely know that I don't have three drives from the same batch so don't run the extra risk of simultaneous failure that this can cause!

• Guys! $20 server is back.. I just got notified by my auto-email and managed to grab one.. Go go!

• sinsin Member

@al3xt said:
    Guys! $20 server is back.. I just got notified by my auto-email and managed to grab one.. Go go!

I saw, but I gotta wait until the end of the month to purchase another :( I've spent way to much on hosting this month and the month just began lol.

Grabbed another $20 one - this time I got the 1381 with dual 2TB drives which is what I originally wanted, now saw your post @al3xt, been refreshing ever so often and stumbled across it tonight!

edited October 2015

@sin I know what you mean - I have way to many VPSs and decided to take on the dedicated for cpanel due to fear of VPS suspension, I hope you snag one when the timing is right! Good luck!

Now I have 2, an 1352 with dual 1 TBs + 5ips
    and jus got the 2nd with the 1381 with the dual 2TB

Looks like I'll have to migrate the 1352 to the 1381 before I decide whether to give up the 1352

Thanked by 1sin
  • LOL.. grab ALL da $20 servers.... I just took a look at some of the other servers out of curiosity, there is one that says RAID 10 but it only comes with 2 disks... how does that work? O_o

• EphemeralEclipse said: LOL.. grab ALL da $20 servers.... I just took a look at some of the other servers out of curiosity, there is one that says RAID 10 but it only comes with 2 disks... how does that work?

It's a new form of RAID 10 that just means your choice of RAID-1 or RAID-0.

Thanked by 1Jonchun

There's currently a $25 dollar one available, surprised it hasn't been sold out yet

• the extra $5 is a killer because you only get a marginally improved CPU

@JoeMerit good point indeed, that extra $5 could be used for a /29 on a $20 dollar as well

• Server delivered in 5 hours from when i placed da order. Impressive.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

2 X 2TB servers back in stock for those looking.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@Dacentec have had a ticket open with your billing since 11.... any chance you guys are going to get to it? My invoice is marked as unpaid even though I've paid you and sent you the transaction number.

$20 dollar 1381 servers back in stock with 2x1 TB drives... just saw it

Thanked by 1netomx

Been waiting since yesterday for a /29... Dacentec support seems to be a bit slow today

• @risharde said:
    Been waiting since yesterday for a /29... Dacentec support seems to be a bit slow today

Please look here:

lowendtalk.com/discussion/64967/dacentec-down

Thanked by 1netomx

@FredQc thanks, I saw this previously