Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net/Scaleway reduces price of their ARM bare-metal cloud to 2,99 per month (-60%). - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net/Scaleway reduces price of their ARM bare-metal cloud to 2,99 per month (-60%).

Comments

• ? but I am using them right now lol

• @4n0nx said:
    ? but I am using them right now lol

One thread:

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited September 2015

4n0nx said: ? but I am using them right now lol

Ah, you mean the ARM, right? Thought the kidechire....

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @tr1cky that just blew my mind. /proc/cpuinfo only says one core/thread. How on earth have I been using 1.7 CPU load?

• I see now. Well then the via nano seems to have the power of 2 of the ARM cores, if I compare the tor status bandwidth throughputs.. (torstatus.blutmagie.de)

• @4n0nx said:
    I see now. Well then the via nano seems to have the power of 2 of the ARM cores, if I compare the tor status bandwidth throughputs.. (torstatus.blutmagie.de)

Heads up using stress you can push those little arm servers into 1000s load :P

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Heads up using stress you can push those little arm servers into 1000s load :P

Is that possible with any server?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2015

4n0nx said: Well then the via nano seems to have the power of 2 of the ARM cores, if I compare the tor status bandwidth throughputs.. (torstatus.blutmagie.de)

This is wrong as well. And the wrong source for comparison. Just stop already, I can't get from under my facepalms at your posts.

• @ZweiTiger said:

You tell me

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • Got one and installed a tor relay, let's see how it performs.

• Is there a way to pay them without bank transfers? Fucking lloyds charge £1 + a minor percentage for each transfer. That's a large % of a <£3/month server.

• @GM2015 said:
    Is there a way to pay them without bank transfers? Fucking lloyds charge £1 + a minor percentage for each transfer. That's a large % of a <£3/month server.

I used a Credit Card.

• I don't have one and likely will never have one.

Amitz said: I used a Credit Card.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited September 2015

GM2015 said: Is there a way to pay them without bank transfers? Fucking lloyds charge £1 + a minor percentage for each transfer. That's a large % of a <£3/month server.

Entropay, and £1 not bad halifax charge anything up to £3.50

• GM2015 said: I don't have one and likely will never have one.

i got 5! but when they meen credit card that includes debit cards, both work fine.

• @bene_online
    Is basic ddos protection included with standard traffic?

• Well, I hope at least they charge me to a UK account of theirs, so I don't get to suck in international transfer fees.

TarZZ92 said: i got 5! but when they meen credit card that includes debit cards, both work fine.

• GM2015 said: Well, I hope at least they charge me to a UK account of theirs, so I don't get to suck in international transfer fees.

its not about accounts it's just currency. and sadly they charge euro :( (a broken currency)

• Does anyone know if their 100GB storage is charged or is free to use? For some reason I remember it being free and it didn't see any charges mentioned on T&C either. From the looks of it, it seems to be s3 storage provided free by online/scaleway.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@mikeyur said:
    TinyTunnel_Tom ZweiTiger

17808 tasks poor little server :P

• TarZZ92 said: its not about accounts it's just currency. and sadly they charge euro :( (a broken currency)

Not like GBP is not pegged to EUR and USD... right.

• Thanks for replying my earlier queries. Far fetched.. but can I install Windows?

• plumberg said: Thanks for replying my earlier queries. Far fetched.. but can I install Windows?

Yes and no..

https://community.scaleway.com/t/how-to-create-a-windows-machine-any-os-on-top-of-a-c1-machine/520

• plumberg said: Thanks for replying my earlier queries. Far fetched.. but can I install Windows?

Not natively - Windows 10 has an RPi 2 port but i doubt it contains the GPU driver for this board. You'd also need access to write the local storage with dd, and i doubt you get a rescue system with Scaleway.

• GulfGulf Member
    edited September 2015

@Alt said:
    I know PHP isn't a single package, it was just an example. You should be able to install any PHP package available in the Ubuntu or Debian repos.

Try to install it on any Ubuntu image. No luck. Support said some PHP packages do not support ARM core...

sudo apt-get install python-software-properties -y

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php5-5.6 -y

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nginx/stable -y

sudo apt-get update -y

apt-get install php5-cli php5-curl php5-mysql php5-common php5-memcache php5-memcached \
    php5-gd php5-fpm php5-cgi php-pear php5-mcrypt php5-curl libpspell-dev \
    htop lynx git nginx mysql-client-5.5 bmon -y

• zeitgeistzeitgeist Member
    edited September 2015

@Gulf what specific PHP packages do not support ARM? Btw, if you add 3rd party repos, like ondrej/php5-5.6, then don't be surprised if that repo maintainer doesn't have the support for ARM you're looking for.

Thanked by 1Gulf
  • @zeitgeist said:
    Gulf what specific PHP packages do not support ARM? Btw, if you add 3rd party repos, like ondrej/php5-5.6, then don't be surprised if that repo maintainer doesn't have the support for ARM you're looking for.

I'm getting this error and can't find a way to fix it

Depends: php5-common (>= 5.6.12+dfsg-1+deb.sury.org~trusty+1~) but 5 .5.9+dfsg-1ubuntu4.11 is to be installed E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

• @mikeyur said:
    TinyTunnel_Tom ZweiTiger

What script or OS is that?