Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net/Scaleway reduces price of their ARM bare-metal cloud to 2,99 per month (-60%). - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net/Scaleway reduces price of their ARM bare-metal cloud to 2,99 per month (-60%).

167891012»

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2015

tr1cky said: Maybe my assumptions aren't that accurate, but they come close. Tor is using ~25% cpu while transfering ~55mbps, so in theory it could handle 220mbps:

Not really. Tor is using one full core in the screenshots, so considering you only have one public IP address it would be just around 100 mbps if you sum upstream+dowstream with two processes, so around 50 mbps full duplex which is less than a kidechire with no hardware acceleration.

This is without taking into consideration other bottlenecks which will most likely be there before reaching those 300 mbps.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • I'm running from a couple of day an instance of C1 server @ scaleway.
    I'm using it for hosting 4 wordpress-based website with low traffic and as a vpn server. It's running flawlessly until now. I'm using nginx with microcache and php apc cache and it's perfectly fine. The only issue is that i can't currently compile nginx with Google's pagespeed extension to improve performance further, as it seems, doesn't support arm yet.

Looking in the "cheap-deadicated-server-land", i don't see any other valid alternative honestly. The only one, even if the price doubles, is the Kimsufi KS-1 server. Does anyone have one and can compare general performance?

Thanks.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2015

@rm_ said:
    What "it" does not work? Depending on neighbour's usage you get to burst to full gigabit both on Kidechire and on Scaleway, this hasn't changed. If you're going to reply with something similarly nondescript such as "but I cant", at least provide details on how exactly do you test.

I meant the limitation or whatever. When I got the box I did some tests, could do 7x MB from something, don't remember what, was long ago.
    Of course, in a Tor scenario that is no longer the case, the CPU will limit the transfer, but I was able to do close to 1 TB a day in best days each way. This is about 100 mbps both ways.
    In ARM's case, the CPU will no longer be the bottleneck in some cases, but very much so in others.
    It depends on your usage, but if KDs were still available at 2 Eur I would have taken those almost in every scenario, else, ARM will do.

• Torrents works like a charm, if anyone looking for good seedbox.

• @Anna_Parker said:
    Torrents works like a charm, if anyone looking for good seedbox.

That's the spirit! Include a screenshot of yourself pirating.

• @telephone said:
    That's the spirit! Include a screenshot of yourself pirating.

Battlefiled Anthology is a Linux ISO i suppose. :D

• That is just the new code name of Debian 9.

• @Amitz said:
    That is just the new code name of Debian 9.

And at a convenient and efficient 65gb's you'll have every package you could possibly ever want and probably a few you didn't know you wanted either!

Thanked by 2netomx trexos
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited September 2015

Not sure what's the problem, it's obvious she's saving to /dev/null to save disk space while doing tests :)

Thanked by 2Anna_Parker robohost
  • Is there any bandwidth graphs available for scaleway instances (either machine or IP address) like they do for their dedis?

Thanks

• MeoMeo Member

Has anyone found a working tutorial for setting up Pydio on a ARM server?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Meo said: Has anyone found a working tutorial for setting up Pydio on a ARM server?

The "Manual installation" variant from https://pyd.io/download/ should work.

• hello all, can i install windows on this vps

• NihimNihim Member

dunno but you certainly have the ability to raise a couple of skeletons now.

• C1
    4 ARM Cores
    2GB memory
    Temporary out of stock

:o

• @gustavargas said:
    C1
    4 ARM Cores
    2GB memory
    Temporary out of stock

:o

You can still get a C1 through the API(scaleway-cli)

Thanked by 2yomero gustavargas
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2016

@TheRedFox said:
    You can still get a C1 through the API(scaleway-cli)

• appears to be available now without any magic trick