Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMWARE vps with 1GB RAM/20GB SSD/2TB traffic in UK/FR/DE/IT/CZ for 12eur/year - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMWARE vps with 1GB RAM/20GB SSD/2TB traffic in UK/FR/DE/IT/CZ for 12eur/year

Comments

• So I just received the voucher code after sending a sales support request but the email points out this:

As you requested, you will find in this email, your 10€ voucher code to test the functionality of our products and cloud services.
    This test lasts 10 days from today, I invite you to make all your tests quickly.

Which is much shorter than the original free trial:

Get a €10 voucher to spend on Aruba IaaS platforms over 60 days and take the chance to explore and test our products and services 100% free of charge.

Either way I appreciate they let people test the service.

• bersybersy Member
    edited August 2015

I have finally got my €10 voucher code.

outime said: This test lasts 10 days from today, I invite you to make all your tests quickly.

10 days too, and it's more that enough I guess.

• @Maounique said:

You need to raise a ticket with them as @mehargags mentioned. I registered as an individual, so cannot claim the VAT exemption. They should let individuals outside the EU get VAT exemption too. OVH/Kimsufi does the exemption based on your billing address :-(

• elgselgs Member

@mehargags said:
    I never saw REMOVE VAT in my company enrolled account either, raised them a ticket, got it done within 24 hours. So just raise raise a ticket, they'll do it

Did they ask you to register as company and to show them your company registration documents?

• @elgs said:

When I asked for my VAT to be exempted through a ticket, they mentioned the business requirement.

• outimeoutime Member
    edited August 2015

Here are the benchmarks for all the available DCs:

DE

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5640 @ 2.27GHz Number of cores : 1 CPU frequency : 2261.000 MHz Total amount of ram : 993 MB Total amount of swap : 951 MB System uptime : 0 min, Download speed from CacheFly: 98.9MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 16.9MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 11.4MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 7.73MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 78.7MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 104MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4.61MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 10.8MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 9.73MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 21.0MB/s I/O speed : 356 MB/s

UK

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 0 @ 2.00GHz Number of cores : 1 CPU frequency : 2000.000 MHz Total amount of ram : 993 MB Total amount of swap : 951 MB System uptime : 2 min, Download speed from CacheFly: 86.1MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 18.6MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 13.3MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 9.89MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 39.2MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 98.1MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4.46MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 12.3MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 10.9MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 22.6MB/s I/O speed : 28.1 MB/s

IT

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5640 @ 2.27GHz Number of cores : 1 CPU frequency : 2261.000 MHz Total amount of ram : 993 MB Total amount of swap : 951 MB System uptime : 2 min, Download speed from CacheFly: 98.5MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 14.4MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 9.99MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 8.30MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 34.0MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 74.8MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4.53MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 7.67MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 8.57MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 5.84MB/s I/O speed : 324 MB/s

FR

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5640 @ 2.27GHz Number of cores : 1 CPU frequency : 2261.000 MHz Total amount of ram : 993 MB Total amount of swap : 951 MB System uptime : 1 min, Download speed from CacheFly: 81.5MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 20.5MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 11.8MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 9.71MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 1.35MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 101MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4.89MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 10.1MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 9.22MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 2.95MB/s I/O speed : 363 MB/s

CZ

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 0 @ 2.00GHz Number of cores : 1 CPU frequency : 2000.000 MHz Total amount of ram : 993 MB Total amount of swap : 951 MB System uptime : 1 min, Download speed from CacheFly: 64.7MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 8.42MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 8.27MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 6.63MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 669KB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 5.94MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.14MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 7.29MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 9.33MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 12.7MB/s I/O speed : 30.7 MB/s

Thanked by 3bersy sandro Issam2204
  • Got one of these 1 eruo VPSes, they are pretty nice, jsut wondering, does anyone know the usability of the CPU ? is it dedicated to me or shared.. will i be able to run a more cpu intensive task (nothing illegal or clickbotting) i havent seen anything about this yet...

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited August 2015

shared. If you need dedicated resources buy a dedi, non the cheapest vps you can find

Tripleflix said: CPU ? is it dedicated to me or shared.

• outime said: Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 1.35MB/s

outime said: Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 669KB/s

It's really shitty.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2015

I feel it snappy.
    OTOH the support is moronic, they asked me a copy of the registration paper for the company to remove VAT.
    If can't circumvent it through logic, will fake one with the real data, just to prove it can be done.
    I registered with company domain email, from my own mail server in romania, i gave them all data including VAT and registration, address etc, if they really think a photoshoped paper is needed to prove anything, they will have it. I will even leave in the GIMP metadata, see if they can spot it.

edited August 2015

In the end I gave up, their support is terrible, told them to delete my account, I didn't need just another VPS after all, so all bad towards some good :)
    I am importing hardware from EU and nobody asked any paper, paying from the corporate account is enough for most sane people, if they cannot understand such a simple issue, I wonder how will react when there are real issues with the service.
    It is not about the 20% VAT well worth it for the service (I wonder how did they reached that amount, it is 24 in romania now), it is about the way they react to logic. A scripted "AI' would have done better.

• If I already paid, may I get a refund since their " service" is rubbish and they don't reply.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2015

outime said: Get a €10 voucher to spend on Aruba IaaS platforms over 60 days

outime said: As you requested, you will find in this email, your 10€ voucher code to test the functionality of our products and cloud services. This test lasts 10 days from today, I invite you to make all your tests quickly.

outime said: Either way I appreciate they let people test the service.

There is no excuse for not providing what has been offered (a 60 days free credit), so they should either give 60 days, or update the page where it says that.

Thanked by 1TarZZ92

inthecloudblog said: they don't reply

They replied me, but it was worse than if they didn't. If they didn't, I would have thought they just dont provide support, since they did, I noticed they are just a bunch of scripts.

• @inthecloudblog said:
    If I already paid, may I get a refund since their " service" is rubbish and they don't reply.

Care to elaborate? I've used the Germany one for like 24h and it's been OK but can't give proper review so would love to hear what's up with yours.

@rm_ said:
    There is no excuse for not providing what has been offered (a 60 days free credit), so they should either give 60 days, or update the page where it says that.

I guess the "excuse" is that there's been abuse, but I'd completely expect that from the very beginning. I do agree they should update the page at least.

Thanked by 1marrco
  • @Maounique said:
    No, i tried first to follow their instructions, but since I saw no option to remove VAT as they said they have, I asked here, maybe I am blind, my eyesight never been that good.
    Off to open a ticket now, bah, what a PITA.
    Other than that, it is great, I use debian with xfce4 and it is very responsive even with heavy java working in background.

yah, I tried to follow those instructions & didn't see the option, so I went somewhere else

edited August 2015

outime said: I've used the Germany one for like 24h

I also used the UK one for some 24 hours and was OK, not the fastest I had and certainly not the best network, but it was more than good for the money. I feel sorry for the support people, but there is no excuse, if you do answer, at least try to make sense.

• They insist to charges for VAT even for those outside EU.
    I won't deal any further with such a unprofessional customer support.

• @roykem, I don't think thats a negative if they have this as an official policy. I see OVH's verification bashed frequently as well. I guess when you grow big, making some strict "uncomfortable" policies helps you filter out some overhead... as I read a similar thread where leaseweb is asking €1000 deposit from a Chinese customer as security fee.

Yeah, in your case it is even illegal to charge VAT for non-EU residents, how are they sending the money to their countries?
    No, this issue seems grossly unprofessional, the value for the price is very tempting, but I dont want to lose any more nerves thinking about it, who knows what they will invent next, especially since they go the OVH route, we advertise something and then change it as we please.

Thanked by 2roykem bersy
  • GulfGulf Member

Looks like they allow to install Windows XP/Windows 7 from ISO. Would be great to install them on 1 euro VPS. Is it possible?

• @mehargags said:

Won't go down that long way to discuss should or not should regarding the cross border VAT.

as i said, i better stay out from them. (once again, thats just me).

• mehargags said: I don't think thats a negative if they have this as an official policy.

It's not exactly legal to charge VAT for non-EU customers, and there is no one they can give it to (unless they pay it to gov where they are incorp'd, but still not legal).

edited August 2015

@Gulf said:
    Looks like they allow to install Windows XP/Windows 7 from ISO. Would be great to install them on 1 euro VPS. Is it possible?

Tried an ISO just to see if it works, I could upload it to their FTP space but there was no way to mount it, I think this is possible only on the expensive plans, but they do have free windows templates, even server 2003, way more windows than linux, if you ask me.

Thanked by 1Gulf
  • GulfGulf Member

@Maounique said:
    Tried an ISO just to see if it works, I could upload it to their FTP space but there was no way to mount it, I think this is possible only on the expensive plans, but they do have free windows templates, even server 2003, way more windows than linux, if you ask me.

The same, uploaded all possible windows iso and no luck. What price would be for minimal windows vps?
    RunAbove 2.5$, Vultr 5$. Will they beat it?

• So wait...

1) VMWare's VSPP costs a minimum of $5-6 per month (based on 24 x 7 usage). That's for / 1GB RAM (512MB Reserved) but they can offer it for €12 / year.

2) They are charging non-EU clients VAT....

3) They are allowing any Windows ISO to be installed in a shared hardware environment which is against SPLA rules.

Sounds Legit.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Kakashi said: Sounds Legit.

They are. In fact, they are veterans.

They were selling "cloud" for the enterprise already and they clearly wanted to reach new markets with this aggressive promotion.

I'm surprised the 1€/month offer hasn't been pulled yet and you can like their policies or not, but they are a legit company which will not disappear tomorrow.

Thanked by 1DomainBop
  • Fair enough, but I can't see any reason to charge Non-EU customers EU VAT. That I know for a fact is wrong.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2015

Kakashi said: I can't see any reason to charge Non-EU customers EU VAT

Stupidity, but they are EU-oriented and the support guys probably can't discuss the situation with you anyway.

You should also consider this probably wasn't a recurring issue until the offer got posted here.

@Gulf said:
    RunAbove 2.5$, Vultr 5$. Will they beat it?

I didnt upload a windows ISO, just a small netboot debian to test in principle if it works.
    You can upload to the free 50 GB ftp storage, but I havent found any way of mounting it, so I suspect it is only available for the pro versions.

However, they offer a lot of windows server templates for free, which is really-really strange.