Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMWARE vps with 1GB RAM/20GB SSD/2TB traffic in UK/FR/DE/IT/CZ for 12eur/year - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMWARE vps with 1GB RAM/20GB SSD/2TB traffic in UK/FR/DE/IT/CZ for 12eur/year

Comments

• leblog, lefrench.

Wonder why not in Italian, hm.

• MuZoMuZo Member
    ArubaCloud - Aruba SAS - All rights reserved
    92/98 Boulevard Victor Hugo 92115 Clichy Cedex, France

• Anyone got any idea if they support rDNS?

• @William said:
    Its VMWare so they can't disable Tun/Tap....

Right. TUN/TAP is indeed available.

I created a new server on the UK datacenter (DC6). However, the IP assigned to the server resolves to Romania. Any pointers ??

• StrikerrStrikerr Member
    edited August 2015

saibal, Check your traceroute

7  ae11.edge4.Frankfurt.Level3.net (4.68.70.105)  39.769 ms  39.861 ms  39.836 ms
     8  ae-124-3510.edge5.london1.Level3.net (4.69.166.37)  53.209 ms  53.311 ms  53.277 ms
     9  ae-124-3510.edge5.london1.Level3.net (4.69.166.37)  53.280 ms ae-125-3511.edge5.london1.Level3.net (4.69.166.41)  53.282 ms  53.250 ms
    10  ge0-8.cr01.lhr01.mzima.net (217.163.44.26)  52.188 ms  52.035 ms  52.169 ms
    11  host199-144-38-89.static.arubacloud.com (89.38.144.199)  54.420 ms  54.401 ms  54.401 ms  

UK

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
  • Got it !! Though very laggy as Java is pain to run... still better than nothing :)

Thanks... a ton...

• Signed up yesterday, tossed up some money via credit card, still waiting for login instruction to the control panel. Perhaps they don't process orders on weekends?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Or they are a few days behind....

• @joodle said:
    Anyone got any idea if they support rDNS?

i had PTR set via a support ticket. First i configured the direct for all 4 vps i have in different datacenter, then i sent a very polite email. I've not found an option to set it directly via their control panel.

• I've contacted them regarding VAT removal but get the idea they don't do this kind of support during weekends.

I input a VAT number and it accepted it together with company name and all, do I still need to do anything else?

• Have placed an order as it's an excellent price, will test UK DC and see how it goes :)

• I requested the free trial on Friday afternoon and still waiting, I guess they don't read those during weekends.

• I requested the free trial on Wednesday and not waiting anymore.

• Seems like the ticket reply is totally "shut" during weekends... although the tickets here are more of "sales" nature and note "tech support" which many providers respond during weekdays only, but Can be a bit of a problem if the tech support is NOT replying on weekends too. :)

• Got my account validated today with access to the control panel. Set up a VPS in de. Disk speed isn't that great (if you are looking for SSD speed that is), but network quality is quite good. Cannot complain!

• Unfortunately IPs don't seem to be "properly" geolocated, i.e. they don't reflect the actual location of the VPS. When checked, 86.105.50.100 (IP of a VPS in the de datacenter) shows Germany, Romania, or Italy as possible locations depending on the IP database (https://www.iplocation.net/). Google thinks it's Romania.

• No such issue with IPs from their own datacenters (it, cz)

• zeitgeist said: IPs don't seem to be "properly" geolocated, i.e. they don't reflect the actual location of the VPS.

They do the same as EDIS, Portlane, Voxility or pretty much anyone else - Split a large allocation made to their main company to smaller subnets for external locations. No fix for that.

• @zeitgeist said:
    Unfortunately IPs don't seem to be "properly" geolocated, i.e. they don't reflect the actual location of the VPS. When checked, 86.105.50.100 (IP of a VPS in the de datacenter) shows Germany, Romania, or Italy as possible locations depending on the IP database (https://www.iplocation.net/). Google thinks it's Romania.

>

how do you know Google thinks it's Romania?

• loydloyd Member

@saibal said:
    http://kb.arubacloud.com/en/computing/managing-your-credit/how-to-apply-for-vat-exemption.aspx

The first step ... "In your customer area, activate VAT exemption option."

There is no such option in customer area.

• @Strikerr said:
    saibal, Check your traceroute

7  ae11.edge4.Frankfurt.Level3.net (4.68.70.105)  39.769 ms  39.861 ms  39.836 ms
     8  ae-124-3510.edge5.london1.Level3.net (4.69.166.37)  53.209 ms  53.311 ms  53.277 ms
     9  ae-124-3510.edge5.london1.Level3.net (4.69.166.37)  53.280 ms ae-125-3511.edge5.london1.Level3.net (4.69.166.41)  53.282 ms  53.250 ms
    10  ge0-8.cr01.lhr01.mzima.net (217.163.44.26)  52.188 ms  52.035 ms  52.169 ms
    11  host199-144-38-89.static.arubacloud.com (89.38.144.199)  54.420 ms  54.401 ms  54.401 ms  

UK

I guess the IPs are not properly geolocated.as mentioned by @zeitgeist

@loyd said:
    There is no such option in customer area.

They only do VAT exemptions for businesses. Even for the VAT exemption process you need to pay through a bank transfer and then they waive the VAT amount.

• zeitgeistzeitgeist Member
    edited August 2015

@William said:
    They do the same as EDIS, Portlane, Voxility or pretty much anyone else - Split a large allocation made to their main company to smaller subnets for external locations. No fix for that.

Got two VPS @ EDIS, one DE and one CH. Both show a proper IP geolocation for the respective location.

Geekoine said: how do you know Google thinks it's Romania?

Google switched the interface to Romanian when I visited through their IP.

• Correction: William is right; at least the CH VPS I have from Edis has a differing geolocation (Sweden, Austria, Switzerland). The DE VPS from Edis though is correct. The IP databases I tested all show Germany. As a test, when using it as a VPN, it would be accepted by German sites with geoblocking. The DE VPS from Aruba isn't accepted on the other hand.

saibal said: Even for the VAT exemption process you need to pay through a bank transfer and then they waive the VAT amount.

I cannot find the option of removing vat. I tried to order some credit and it still asks for VAT, their instructions ask to go to customer area and activate the option, but it does not exist, or i could not find it.
    I registered a business account. How did anyone request VAT removal? I am ready to pay through bank transfer one time if they insist, but without VAT.

• @Maounique said:
    I cannot find the option of removing vat. I tried to order some credit and it still asks for VAT, their instructions ask to go to customer area and activate the option, but it does not exist, or i could not find it.

I registered a business account. How did anyone request VAT removal? I am ready to pay through bank transfer one time if they insist, but without VAT.

I had the same problem, I told you I raised a ticket, they manually REMOVED VAT on my account after a day and then the VAT doesn't apply on my purchases. Did you open a ticket with them ?

edited August 2015

No, i tried first to follow their instructions, but since I saw no option to remove VAT as they said they have, I asked here, maybe I am blind, my eyesight never been that good.
    Off to open a ticket now, bah, what a PITA.
    Other than that, it is great, I use debian with xfce4 and it is very responsive even with heavy java working in background.

• I never saw REMOVE VAT in my company enrolled account either, raised them a ticket, got it done within 24 hours. So just raise raise a ticket, they'll do it