Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMWARE vps with 1GB RAM/20GB SSD/2TB traffic in UK/FR/DE/IT/CZ for 12eur/year - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMWARE vps with 1GB RAM/20GB SSD/2TB traffic in UK/FR/DE/IT/CZ for 12eur/year

Comments

• Yes, you should have a choice among six datacenters (but I'm an old client, perhaps I load an old version of the panel)

• @Geekoine said:
    Yes, you should have a choice among six datacenters (but I'm an old client, perhaps I load an old version of the panel)

Oh, alright, strange. But however, got my more or less preferred DC. Performance is obviously better in others but nevermind, the performance of the one in DE is fine as well.

• edited August 2015

My account were verified today. Created one Smart Cloud, but because my password were using 20 chars, I can't login to it.

So I stop the Smart Cloud, Delete it, and the Smart Cloud gone, but the Credit did not return, not like the usual Cloud provider in here which will only charge for the usage.

If anyone decided to stop and delete it, please remember that the Credit that deducted to create the Smart Cloud will not returned.

• The pricing is per month for the Smart Cloud, and not hourly. My bad for not reading it first
  • MuZoMuZo Member

nexusrain said: I was able to create my VPS but I guess you should be able to choose the location during setup, no? But I didn't see anything there.

Once you login to the panel you should see this:

Pick the datacenter you want and press manage, after that you when you create a plan it will be in that datacenter.

• @MuZo said:

Ahh yes, just wanted to write it. I forgot I already had the choice there, expected it later. Bit complicated system these guy got there.

• you can try it for free with a 10 euros voucher (just verified)
  • @Maounique said:
    You can mount random ISOs?

You can upload your own ISOs (50 GB free; after that limit you pay something)

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited August 2015

nexusrain said: Would really prefer to create mine in the Germany DC but if the performance there is so bad in comparisation.. I'll go with CZ.

+1

DE seems to got a 1gb uplink, but can't be maxed out cause of the slow disk.

CZ only got 100mb/s, but disk is fine.

• @Frecyboy said:

Went with DE in the end anyway, more or less wanted. Just a bit confused now - dd says a bit over 20mb/s but I got download speeds of 90mb/s (see my benchmark). How can that work? Files being downloaded to ram and then moved to SSD or what (not serious)??

• nexusrain said: Files being downloaded to ram and then moved to SSD or what (not serious)??

Yes, welcome to Linux. If RAM is available Linux will cache everything.

• @nexusrain said:
    Went with DE in the end anyway, more or less want ed. Just a bit confused now - dd says a bit over 20mb/s but I got download speeds of 90mb/s (see my benchmark). How can that work? Files being downloaded to ram and then moved to SSD or what (not serious)??

Are you sure it's not 20 MB/s?

• @William said:

Oh, lol, good to know it even puts downloads in cache.

>

No, it were a bit over 90MB/s just take a look at my bench posted above. :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

nexusrain said: it even puts downloads in cache.

Download speedtests typically don't even save anything to disk, they do an equivalent of wget -O /dev/null ...

• Frecyboy said: CZ only got 100mb/s

Mine seems to be on a Gbit port

Thanked by 1Frecyboy
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

how safe is this? I mean, please put up the steps here to sign up and get a VM in CZ.
    IPv6 missing all over? Or there are some places with it?

• @Maounique said:
    how safe is this? I mean, please put up the steps here to sign up and get a VM in CZ.
    IPv6 missing all over? Or there are some places with it?

Just go here and ask for the 10 euros voucher:

https://www.arubacloud.com/free-trial.aspx

Wait for the voucher code (it took 20 minutes when I signed up; it's manual, so it can take longer)

then, sign up here:
    https://www.arubacloud.com/

(no matter which plan you choose). During the sign up, you will be asked to put in some money or to add a voucher code: add the voucher code, so you can try the service without spending anything.

At last, after you receive the account details, you can login, choose your datacenter and launch your VPS

Thanked by 2Maounique bersy
  • This 10€ credit I can use to signup and pay for €12/yr 1GB VPS ? or NOT ? please clarify.

I havent received any voucher :(

• @Maounique said:

Nor have I :(

Ha, I was beginning to think it is something against romanians, but you are from DE, right?

• Maounique said: I havent received any voucher :(

me neither

• @mehargags said:
    This 10€ credit I can use to signup and pay for €12/yr 1GB VPS ? or NOT ? please clarify.

You can use it to pay whatever in the cloud (aruba cloud) for 60 days. So, let's say you choose only a 1 GB instance, you can have 2 months free on that (with a rest of some money)

@Geekoine said:

Did you get a voucher?
    Frankly, I wanted to pay, didnt read all and missed the voucher thing, but since it was offered...
    Now I am curious if it will come.

• @Maounique said:

@trexos said:
    Nor have I :(

They say: "A valid mobile number is mandatory. Your voucher will be sent via SMS."

But I received the voucher (after some time, 'cause they process it manually) by mail, directly under the promotion tab of my gmail.

• @Maounique said:

neither have I

• Wait. Probably, they are having lunch:-)

• @Geekoine said:
    Wait. Probably, they are having lunch:-)

or wondering why there are 200 new trial requests

I registered with the company email and phone. Neither received anything.

• mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited August 2015

@Maounique said:

I raised them a ticket and stated I didn't receive SMS and they sent me a voucher on email... successfully credited €10.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Got my voucher - only lasts for 10 days now. Guess they are seeing a lot of requests for vouchers.